Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 193

Thread: Help me make sausage & peppers

  1. #61
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,021
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    IMO you cut the peppers too small.
    Totally.

    I'm too late Fishooked , but no garlic at all, and some of that sausage doesn't look cooked.

    My parents friends drive two hours to CT to get some smoked, and fresh Kielbasa it is fing killer. Kraut, Kielbasa and pierogis once a month, yeah boy.

  2. #62
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Um.....don't take this the wrong way, because it looks rather good.

    But, Red Sauce?

    Nope, not my style. It's a matter of preference.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Totally.

    I'm too late Fishooked , but no garlic at all, and some of that sausage doesn't look cooked.

    My parents friends drive two hours to CT to get some smoked, and fresh Kielbasa it is fing killer. Kraut, Kielbasa and pierogis once a month, yeah boy.
    Garlic powder at least, had to improvise. And you're right, the sausage isn't cooked all the way through, in that pic. I had in in the oven for another hour after the last pic, to let it sit until Saturday, then we'll just heat it up then.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Nope, not my style. It's a matter of preference.
    An unusual choice for the dish.

    But, since you mentioned your Polski roots, perhaps not that suprising.

    In any event. looked tasty, congrats on your drunken success my friend.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Um.....don't take this the wrong way, because it looks rather good.

    But, Red Sauce?

    by sauce, do you mean gravy?

  5. #65
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    An unusual choice for the dish.

    But, since you mentioned your Polski roots, perhaps not that suprising.

    In any event. looked tasty, congrats on your drunken success my friend.
    The way basically he made it, or sausage and meatballs in gravy. Red sauce conflicts with the peppers and onions.

  6. #66
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    by sauce, do you mean gravy?
    No sauce in his case, there is no meat cooking in it.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    by sauce, do you mean gravy?
    No sir, no I most certainly do not.




  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Is that a Kenmore you frigging pauper?
    Vindication.

    Forget the stove, what's with the cookware? Assorted mismatched odds and ends obtained between 1976-1978 at an S&H Green Stamps showroom?

    SAR I

  9. #69
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,174
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Vindication.

    Forget the stove, what's with the cookware? Assorted mismatched odds and ends obtained between 1976-1978 at an S&H Green Stamps showroom?

    SAR I
    :sigh: What kind of cookware does JI's resident self-important twit use?

  10. #70
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,127
    entry level cookware

  11. #71
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Breckenridge, CO
    Posts
    4,010
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Vindication.

    Forget the stove, what's with the cookware? Assorted mismatched odds and ends obtained between 1976-1978 at an S&H Green Stamps showroom?

    SAR I
    OMG! Did you see the cookware at Fishooked's house? no wonder they were rejected at the yacht club.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Nope, not my style. It's a matter of preference.



    Garlic powder at least, had to improvise. And you're right, the sausage isn't cooked all the way through, in that pic. I had in in the oven for another hour after the last pic, to let it sit until Saturday, then we'll just heat it up then.
    Really, you cooked it in the oven for AN HOUR? Damn dude, you cooked it to death. Not to mention you'll have to cook it anouther 20 minutes to get it hot again. Your veggies will be like mush and your meat nice an dry and chewy. Sorry. Really.

  13. #73
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,073
    This thread has turned into a total sausagefest.

  14. #74
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,322
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Really, you cooked it in the oven for AN HOUR? Damn dude, you cooked it to death. Not to mention you'll have to cook it anouther 20 minutes to get it hot again. Your veggies will be like mush and your meat nice an dry and chewy. Sorry. Really.
    Nothing ruins a party faster than trichinosis.

  15. #75
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Nothing ruins a party faster than trichinosis.
    Let me ask you something.

    You spent 10 weekends doing yardwork, cleaning your garage etc. in preparation for this debacle. You are now doing the cooking, with, judging from the progress, possible CDC implications.

    Where, pray tell, is Princess Hooked in all this? Trying out her outfits in front of a mirror so she can make "her entrance" tomorrow whilst you drip sweat beads on trays of ill-prepared psuedo-swill?

    Good GOd man.

    -

  16. #76
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,174
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Let me ask you something.

    You spent 10 weekends doing yardwork, cleaning your garage etc. in preparation for this debacle. You are now doing the cooking, with, judging from the progress, possible CDC implications.

    Where, pray tell, is Princess Hooked in all this? Trying out her outfits in front of a mirror so she can make "her entrance" tomorrow whilst you drip sweat beads on trays of ill-prepared psuedo-swill?

    Good GOd man.

    -

  17. #77
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Let me ask you something.

    You spent 10 weekends doing yardwork, cleaning your garage etc. in preparation for this debacle. You are now doing the cooking, with, judging from the progress, possible CDC implications.

    Where, pray tell, is Princess Hooked in all this? Trying out her outfits in front of a mirror so she can make "her entrance" tomorrow whilst you drip sweat beads on trays of ill-prepared psuedo-swill?

    Good GOd man.

    -
    Apparently this weekend is some thing they call Mothers day. Not sure exactly what the deal is, but apparently we're all on the hook again, kinda like Christmas, her birthday, valentines day, flag day.....

  18. #78
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Apparently this weekend is some thing they call Mothers day. Not sure exactly what the deal is, but apparently we're all on the hook again, kinda like Christmas, her birthday, valentines day, flag day.....
    Oh crap.





    -

  19. #79
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Ha ha...never gets old.


    Just imagine him walking out, real slow, dressed like that and carrying the tray of..... sausage-substance.

    -

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Apparently this weekend is some thing they call Mothers day. Not sure exactly what the deal is, but apparently we're all on the hook again, kinda like Christmas, her birthday, valentines day, flag day.....
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Oh crap.





    -


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us