Thread: New Story: Idzik Goes Receiver Shopping

All Jets 24/7
    Post Thanks / Like

Post New Story: Idzik Goes Receiver Shopping

When John Idzik took over the Jets everyone knew he had a lot of work to do to turn this team around. When free agency started Idzik made a few under the radar/affordable signings (Goodson, Barnes, Garay, Colon), but it was the amount of players he let walk (not even really attempting to re-sign) that grab the media's attention. Then came the Revis trade and the draft and even though most people in the business were praising Idzik for his hefty draft haul (netting himself four likely week one starters Milliner, Richardson, Winters and trading for the Saints Chris Ivory...

More...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JI BREAKING NEWS TICKER View Post
    When John Idzik took over the Jets everyone knew he had a lot of work to do to turn this team around. When free agency started Idzik made a few under the radar/affordable signings (Goodson, Barnes, Garay, Colon), but it was the amount of players he let walk (not even really attempting to re-sign) that grab the media's attention. Then came the Revis trade and the draft and even though most people in the business were praising Idzik for his hefty draft haul (netting himself four likely week one starters Milliner, Richardson, Winters and trading for the Saints Chris Ivory...

More...
    I like that. I would like a couple of hungry guys with chips on their shoulders to help teach youngster.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brandon Loyd is the most inconsistent ****eater of a WR in the hostory of the NFL, WTF are you talking about?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brandon Lloyd hasn't had less than 70 receptions, 900 yards and 4 TDs in the past three seasons. Not sure what you would consider consistency, but that isn't a bad rap.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    one trick pony and a ***** over the middle. hill did what he does last year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always thought Braylon Edwards played really hard for the Jets. He played big, fast and was a threat anywhere on the field..

to me. resigning him at a reasonable price would be good insurance.. They guy will block, be a red zone target and believe he can still go deep.....

I like Cribbs versatility but he is not a true WR... brand lloyd.. ugh. not a real fan... Bardon is not starter material

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ADemas View Post
    Brandon Loyd is the most inconsistent ****eater of a WR in the hostory of the NFL, WTF are you talking about?
    Really? Most inconsistent WR in the history of the NFL? And Braylon Edwards, Josh Cribbs and Rames Barden are somehow better options? Really?

Edwards is easily just as inconsistent, especially health-wise, maybe Cribbs & Barden aren't so much inconsistent as they are just poor receivers. I said Lloyd was the best of the four, I didn't put him near the top WRs in the league though. Yeah I said you could make an argument he'd be the best WR on the roster immediately, I didn't say he would be, just that you could make that argument.

Holmes is still hurt (just said he couldn't play if they had a game this week), Hill said the media pressure got to him last year and if you think he's more developed than Lloyd, well I don't know what else to tell you other than calm down, let's see Hill grasp the offense first.

Kerley is great at what he does, but he's much more limited and isn't an outside WR like Lloyd, Lloyd offers more as a receiver.

It's really not that hard of a concept to grasp, but then again I didn't take into account your expert scouting report saying he's the most inconsistent receiver in the history of the league. Maybe I should re-think my position after such a factual breakdown, then again probably not.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lloyd would be a good pickup but similar size/skillset to Holmes. Cribbs is interesting as an all-around threat. Braylon has had success before and would be cheap. Barden would be a foolish addition, he never caught on with the Giants even when their WR corps had all sorts of injuries.