Thread: Jets interested in Dansby? - CARDS SIGN DANSBY

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets interested in Dansby? - CARDS SIGN DANSBY

Free agent ILB Karlos Dansby says he's received interest from the Jets, Texans and Falcons.

- per rotoworld. source nfl.com

I wouldn't mind the signing, we need some depth.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    @NFL_ATL: Karlos Dansby has only taken 3 free-agent visits, but he says he also has interest from Jets, Texans, Falcons http://t.co/LtEEoHOLqs

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dansby would be an interesting pickup. I'm not necessarily sold that he would be a depth player.

Harris and Davis both kind of have the same skill set. Hard to figure out which one would play the Bart Scott role of taking out a lead blocker.

Dansby has the speed and size to play that role better than Scott did.

You have to wonder if the real competition is between Harris and Davis.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Give me

Le- Sheldon Richardson
    NT- Kendrick Elliss
    RE- Mo Wilkerson

LOLB- Karlos Dansby
    LILB- Demario Davis
    RILB- David Harris
    ROLB- Quinton Coples

FRONT 7 IS SET

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    Dansby would be an interesting pickup. I'm not necessarily sold that he would be a depth player.

Harris and Davis both kind of have the same skill set. Hard to figure out which one would play the Bart Scott role of taking out a lead blocker.

Harris and Davis are completely different players. Harris lost a step and is a liability in coverage but can play the run well where as Davis is fast and can cover but gets occupied by blockers. This signing would be competition for Davis not Harris.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know. Rex has shown to stick to his veterans. And Harris won team mvp last year, apparently his ankle was a lot worse than anyone let on and he was playing through it. I'm expecting a nice bounceback year from Harris this year

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    I don't know. Rex has shown to stick to his veterans. And Harris won team mvp last year, apparently his ankle was a lot worse than anyone let on and he was playing through it. I'm expecting a nice bounceback year from Harris this year
    Yea I'm not sold that Harris is done like some others. Do I think he is overpaid right now? Yes but that doesn't mean he still can't be the leader of this defense. Hopefully he can stay healthy this year and if that is the case he will be very productive.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Not even close to the same type.

Davis has speed, Harris is plodding.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodjet View Post
    Give me

Le- Sheldon Richardson
    NT- Kendrick Elliss
    RE- Mo Wilkerson

LOLB- Karlos Dansby
    LILB- Demario Davis
    RILB- David Harris
    ROLB- Quinton Coples

FRONT 7 IS SET
    I think dansby is more of an inside guy, and Richardson for sure is not a 3-4 DE.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    He's losing the speed that he displayed early in his career, even before the ankle. The defense is going the need better penetration up the middle from their Mike and I am not sure he has it anymore.

And he is just not fit to take on the contact of a TILB. He does have a low center of gravity, but he can't sustain activity against a lead blocker or guard with any consistency.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS2417 View Post
    Harris and Davis are completely different players. Harris lost a step and is a liability in coverage but can play the run well where as Davis is fast and can cover but gets occupied by blockers. This signing would be competition for Davis not Harris.
    The benefit of Harris early in Rex's tenure was his speed and penetration. If he lost that step, what use is he as the penetrating ILB? He just doesn't have the ability to play the role that Scott played.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    bump Davis to OLB, Dansby ILB.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd almost rather see Davis fill the role that Eric Smith did. He's a tweener at the second level.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd almost rather see Davis fill the role that Eric Smith did. He's a tweener at the second level.
    Eric Smith was a DISASTER. We don't need anybody to fill his role.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Eric Smith was a DISASTER. We don't need anybody to fill his role.
    He had a role. He wasn't successful in that role. This doesn't mean the role itself is wrong.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Caution: Coples could be a liability at OLB.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodjet View Post
    Give me

Le- Sheldon Richardson
    NT- Kendrick Elliss
    RE- Mo Wilkerson

LOLB- Karlos Dansby
    LILB- Demario Davis
    RILB- David Harris
    ROLB- Quinton Coples

FRONT 7 IS SET
    == The problem with COPLES as OLB is that he is 284 pounds and probably cannot turn and run with a TE or a Back flaring out to catch a pass. He certainly would be a force off the edge rushing the QB. The 3-4 / 4-3 scenario will be a work in progress for Rex and his front 7. Lets hope for the best this year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

This.

And between Harris and Davis, I feel Harris is better suited to take on Scott's role of taking out the lead blocker because we need speed at ILB to attack the ball carrier and make tackles. Davis has that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    AZ signs Dansby

Karlos Dansby played his first six seasons in Arizona, excelling enough to be the team's franchise player for two straight years before leaving for Miami to earn one of the largest contracts ever given to an inside linebacker.

After three years in Miami, Dansby is headed "home." The team announced that Dansby agreed to terms on a one-year contract. Dansby will help take snaps while Daryl Washington is suspended to start the year, and could wind up starting next to Washington eventually.

Arizona has quietly enjoyed a nice offseason, and Dansby fits right in. He's no longer at the peak of his career, but he's adds quality veteran leadership and intelligence to a talented defense. The New York Jets and Buffalo Bills previously showed interest.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...e-oneyear-deal