Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Geno Smith Signing With CAA?

  1. #1

    Geno Smith Signing With CAA?

    Nothings official yet, but with a decision coming soon Geno posted a picture of Jay-Z and saying how hes become a mentor for him.

    My guess would be that hes signing with CAA.

    Heres the picture and what he wrote with it.


    Kevin Lyles and Sean Carter x blessed to have these two as my mentors, learning a lot from these fellas. Including how to ignore those who don't see my vision. Set goals and achieve them. Nothing else matters

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,909
    Is this good news, bad news, or neither?

  3. #3
    It's not on his twitter. Where did he post this?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Is this good news, bad news, or neither?
    more or less meaningless besides the fact that this could of been his intentions all along and the reason he switched agents and not all that false crap about because he fell to the second round.

    I think its a good thing. I know Jay-Z wont be his actual certified agent, but if hes mentoring him who better than someone he can relate to that made it big in NY?

    I like the move.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    It's not on his twitter. Where did he post this?
    Instagram. For some reason hes a frequent poster on Instagram but rarely on twitter. Theres a few cool pics hes posted you should check out. His instagram name is gsxii so you wont find it by just searching geno smith.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    . .... Including how to ignore those who don't see my vision.
    Does no one else see anything self righteous in this quote ?? Sounds a lot like the negative things that have been said about him (already thinks he knows everything etcetera .... uncoachable)

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Does no one else see anything self righteous in this quote ?? Sounds a lot like the negative things that have been said about him (already thinks he knows everything etcetera .... uncoachable)
    Nope...probably just you, Dick Semen-i ShARk99 and possibly a few others

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Nope...probably just you, Dick Semen-i ShARk99 and possibly a few others
    Why not ??? Because 'his vision' is superior to that of a 30 year veteran coach or talent scout?? Don't get me wrong I hope he puts all these criticisms to bed in camp, but to me it just comes off a bit self righteous and pompous.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 05-10-2013 at 05:59 AM.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Why not ??? Because 'his vision' is superior to that of a 30 year veteran coach or talent scout?? Don't get me wrong I hope he puts all these criticisms to bed in camp, but to me it just comes off a bit pompous.
    Sorry but I don't see anything pompous at all in that statement. He's been unfairly crucified by certain jackals in the media and even a shark here at at JI. Primarily based on the venom of his sleazy jilted former agents IMO.

    He received good advice telling him to ignore it and concentrate on the importantthing- football. And he's obviously thankful for that advice and saying so. Pompous? I just don't see it that way.

    I've gotten that same advice here at JI from wise mods re: responding to a relentless, repetitive troll or two and I am thankful.enough for it and willing, even to pass it on to others.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Sorry but I don't see anything pompous at all in that statement. He's been unfairly crucified by certain jackals in the media and even a shark here at at JI. Primarily based on the venom of his sleazy jilted former agents IMO.

    He received good advice telling him to ignore it and concentrate on the importantthing- football. And he's obviously thankful for that advice and saying so. Pompous? I just don't see it that way.

    I've gotten that same advice here at JI from wise mods re: responding to a relentless, repetitive troll or two and I am thankful.enough for it and willing, even to pass it on to others.
    Maybe it's just the wording that rubs me wrong (MY vision). I would have preferred something like ... 'Helped me to ignore the unjust criticism that has been released about me recently'. Whatever ... I can see your point of view as well.

  11. #11
    is that Miliner? i didnt realize they were friends pre-draft

    http://web.stagram.com/p/441167756886062875_26465812

  12. #12
    I guess Geno Smith must be a democrat. I knew there was something I did not like about him.

  13. #13
    The only story here is that it's not Schwartz and Feinsod. That's all that matters.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    The only story here is that it's not Schwartz and Feinsod. That's all that matters.
    +1

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Maybe it's just the wording that rubs me wrong (MY vision). I would have preferred something like ... 'Helped me to ignore the unjust criticism that has been released about me recently'. Whatever ... I can see your point of view as well.
    Please stop micro analyzing the words of a 21? year old. It's just a waste of time. The kid has proven to be a good kid his whole life, but now people want to paint a different picture based on a few days. Jet fans really can be ridiculous at times.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I guess Geno Smith must be a democrat. I knew there was something I did not like about him.
    Why do you assume he is a Democrat?

  17. #17
    Is that a Canadian football team?

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    7,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I guess Geno Smith must be a democrat. I knew there was something I did not like about him.
    There are some black republicans, but you have probably heard of just about every one of them.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,504
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Is this good news, bad news, or neither?
    CAA is known for keeping players with their original teams. They have done a few. Cano left boras to join CAA and rumors are they want to keep cano with yanks in a fair deal and not a Boras 300 million contract, but lets see.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    CAA is known for keeping players with their original teams. They have done a few. Cano left boras to join CAA and rumors are they want to keep cano with yanks in a fair deal and not a Boras 300 million contract, but lets see.
    So....going with that logic, then that means that Geno is going to be a Jet 4 life? Lord have mercy....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us