Thread: Bill Gates that greedy bastard

Jets Insider VIP

Bill Gates that greedy bastard

As we all know Cop has stated that greed is the only motivator for Bill Gates' interest in education. I found the short articles below telling in regards to this theory which made me look into him even more. I just posted the links to the other articles with a few TLDR quotes to keep this post shorter. I do wonder where the profit is in eradicating polio and malaria in the 3rd world.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_16...es-bill-gates/

What inspires a billionaire? In the case of Bill Gates, it's a 500-year-old manuscript penned by Italian genius Leonardo da Vinci. And at $30.8 million, it was probably a bargain to the Microsoft founder, who considers it a priceless symbol of knowledge. Charlie Rose talks to Gates about the historic document -- the world's most valuable -- for a 60 Minutes story to be broadcast Sunday, May 12 at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

Gates won't entertain comparisons of his life to that of da Vinci, who conceived of airplanes and helicopters hundreds of years before they were built, but says the great thinker was way ahead of his time. "He had an understanding of science that was more advanced than anybody else at the time," says Gates, referring to da Vinci's writings about water displayed in his private office in Seattle. "He's looking at how it flows when it hits barriers and it goes around and comes back together. He's actually trying to understand turbulence. How you build a dam, does it erode away?"

What makes the ancient text so priceless to Gates is what it stands for: a quest for knowledge he embraces completely and that continues to inspire him. "It's an inspiration, that one person off on their own with no positive feedback...that he kept pushing himself...found knowledge in itself to be a beautiful thing," Gates tells Rose.

Da Vinci's ideas were futuristic. Gates' may be realized much sooner. He shows Rose prototypes of inventions now being worked on that will help change the world for many, especially the world's poorest people.

Gates has invested in a nuclear reactor that would burn depleted uranium. He predicts the reactor, which is cheaper, cleaner and safer than those of today, could be built in a decade or less. But another invention, a thermos system that can keep vaccines cold and potent for 50 days, will soon be deployed to help eradicate preventable diseases.
    I am sure he is investing in these technologies just for the profit.

http://www.fastcompany.com/3007841/t...assive-strides

His goal for the next 20 years, he says, is to graduate roughly twice as many kids from college, move the United States up in the international rankings, and do so without spending more money.
    How dare he!!!

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013...io-is-worth-it

Why not just settle for the huge drop in polio cases that we've seen over the past decade and then spend money on other things that kill so many more kids, like diarrhea and malnutrition?
    "Polio is special," Gates tells NPR's Robert Siegel on All Things Considered. "Once you get it done, you save $2 billion a year that will be applied to those other activities. There's no better deal economically to getting to zero."
    And Gates is putting his money and his effort where his passion is.
    Can no one stop this maniacal bastard? He must be stopped before he uses his money to fix more things and make more kids healthy without government intervention!!!

Don't you get it? More college kids = more computer users. More people surviving diseases = more computer users. More, cheaper energy = more money to spend on computers.

He is a billionaire, therefore everything he does is about profit. I feel sad for you that you can't see it.

You poor, poor, naive, corporate brainwashing victim.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Don't you get it? More college kids = more computer users. More people surviving diseases = more computer users. More, cheaper energy = more money to spend on computers.

He is a billionaire, therefore everything he does is about profit. I feel sad for you that you can't see it.

You poor, poor, naive, corporate brainwashing victim.
    The second article I posted is more "fair" and middle of the road. Worth a read.