Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Tweets and Info from Rookie Mini Camp

Woody has decided to forego his career as an NFL owner and businessman in order to pursue photography.

Don't pack up the big top just yet, fellas!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Woody has decided to forego his career as an NFL owner and businessman in order to pursue photography.

Don't pack up the big top just yet, fellas!
    Why? Because the owner took a picture at rookie camp? Thats a bit of a stretch.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    A day after the cadence meetings, three false starts in first 8 snaps with Geno in team. #nyj

Kristian Dyer ‏@KristianRDyer
    Geno Smith with a beautiful pass in tight coverage to hit KJ Stroud in stride.

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley
    (2/2 Miles), helping teammates line up in correct spot, bouncing with a lot of energy & offering encouragement to his teammates. Impressive

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Why? Because the owner took a picture at rookie camp? Thats a bit of a stretch.
    It was a joke. Calm down.

It is. Mangold is 6-4. Most centers seem to be around 6-3 or 6-4. Thats why some scouts think he can play guard, but he would have to add some weight. He is probably just under 300 lbs right now, he played his senior year at around 285. In Clemson's offense it was more important to have more agility and movement as they ran an uptempo spread offense, thats why he didnt really look to bulk up in college.
    Hopefully he can play some guard too but we really need bat center depth.

I do think the pouncey brothers might be 6'5 but don't know for sure

Side note - if winters is working at LG is colon gonna play RG? I thought he played on the left in Pitts?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Hopefully he can play some guard too but we really need bat center depth.

I do think the pouncey brothers might be 6'5 but don't know for sure

Side note - if winters is working at LG is colon gonna play RG? I thought he played on the left in Pitts?
    I think if things go as planned, the Jets would like Winters to play LG and have Colon next to Howard on the right side. Put the rookie between Brick and Mangold and put the vet next to young kid Howard.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 05-11-2013 at 01:31 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Jets rookie camp: Owner Woody Johnson arrives to check out the action. Tries to sell me a PSL.
    Wow!

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Geno 7 for 8 today today, with a lot of short passes though. Completion to Shanahan was the only 15-plus yarded if I'm not mistaken. #nyj

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Good days for Bohanon, Shanahan, Rogers, Griffin. Richardson moves really well. Excellent agility for big man. #Jets

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Geno Smith very impressive today. He can sling it. #NYJ

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Will say this about Geno: threw with a lot more confidence today. Tight spiral,
    Good velo on the passes. #nyj

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I think if things go as planned, the Jets would like Winters to play LG and have Colon next to Howard on the right side. Put the rookie between Brick and Mangold and put the vet next to young kid Howard.
    Makes sense. Let's just hope Winters jumps in and seizes the opportunity. His only mission should be using the next 4 months to become a Day 1 starter.

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley
    Just finished talking to Rontez Miles, you guys are gonna like this kid. Will post story & quotes in a bit. #jets

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Wow!

You know that was a joke right??

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    I know this is off topic, but it incenses me when I read all the headlines about Tebow being "blackballed". He was offered the chance to play positions other than QB and he has steadfastly refused. There are many more college QB's than there are QB positions in the NFL and many college QB's successfully switch positions. He did this to himself and it is not "blackballing". It is blind stubborness on Tebow's part.
    Also the idea that Tebow can't control the media around him is just plain silliness. The "I'm just to famous there is nothing I can do about it" shtck is just that, nonsense!!!"

I am not down on Tebow but to say he has a right to be on a team as a QB and disrupt what a team might be trying to do such as win games in INSANITY!!!

And before it begins im not sayning that Tebow can't play QB in the NFL; indeed every team in the NFL is saying it!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Also the idea that Tebow can't control the media around him is just plain silliness. The "I'm just to famous there is nothing I can do about it" shtck is just that, nonsense!!!"

I am not down on Tebow but to say he has a right to be on a team as a QB and disrupt what a team might be trying to do such as win games in INSANITY!!!

And before it begins im not sayning that Tebow can't play QB in the NFL; indeed every team in the NFL is saying it!!!!!
    This is thread about our rookies. I am sick of the TEBOW bs. He is not on the fn team!~ Get over the nonsense please. Lets talk our rookies up!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Geno 7 for 8 today today, with a lot of short passes though. Completion to Shanahan was the only 15-plus yarded if I'm not mistaken. #nyj

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Good days for Bohanon, Shanahan, Rogers, Griffin. Richardson moves really well. Excellent agility for big man. #Jets

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Geno Smith very impressive today. He can sling it. #NYJ

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Will say this about Geno: threw with a lot more confidence today. Tight spiral,
    Good velo on the passes. #nyj
    Thank you for all those tweets! Good stuff and what most of us are here to read!

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    This is thread about our rookies. I am sick of the TEBOW bs. He is not on the fn team!~ Get over the nonsense please. Lets talk our rookies up!
    Singing a different tune from yesterday I see.

Its pretty comical that you would call out any long time Jet fan around here for being "owned", when for an entire year you have been b*tch slapped and proven wrong time and time again. Please tell us again how Elway traded Tebow because he was afraid the locker room would be divided between Manning and Tebow...LOL.
    Son, there isn't enough time in your day to wade through all my posts of the last year and find maybe a handful where I was wrong about something.

As for the Elway comment, yet again, a "complex" discussion that you apparently aren't equipped to understand. I said that there could have been any number of reasons that Elway traded Tebow, a divided locker room was just one of them.

You do understand that someone can take an action for MULTIPLE reasons, yes ? I know it's difficult, but try to wrap your little mind around that one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Singing a different tune from yesterday I see.
    No I still know that you are full of it! You are still a cheerleader for one player but try to hide it in a very child-like way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Teblow is GONE
    .THANK GOD

Can't we stop hijacking 2013 threads with talk of this face of the Omaha Beef

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

Can't we stop hijacking 2013 threads with talk of this face of the Omaha Beef
    lel

Jets Insider VIP
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 2m

I'd like to extend a sincere apology for an inappropriate tweet from earlier today. It was unprofessional and I regret it.