Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 239

Thread: Tweets and Info from Rookie Mini Camp

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,866
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You mean like most coordinators turned HC?

    Why on earth is it better to have a defensive guru/mind dipping a toe in the Offensive side of the pool?

    Only in NY, with Rex is this an issue.
    Thank you!!!!

    Payton didnt win a SB until he got a good DC

    Mike McCarthy was almost fired before Dom Capers fixed the GB defense and they won.

    These guys didnt LEARN defense. Rex should be teaching defense, his specialty.

  2. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,459
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yale1087 View Post
    per Dick semen

    Geno Smith and Matt Simms sharing reps at QB. #Jets #competition
    4 minutes ago

    RichCimini Rich Cimini
    Rex Ryan very involved in defensive walk through, doing most of the talking/coaching. #Jets
    8 minutes ago

    RichCimini Rich Cimini
    Winters at LG, Campbell at RG. Weird seeing 65 at right guard and not Brandon Moore. #Jets
    11 minutes ago

    RichCimini Rich Cimini
    Uniform numbers: Milliner 27, Richardson 91, Winters 67, Aboushi 75, Campbell 65 and Bohanon 40. As we said earlier, Smith 7. #Jets
    Love your Boxer pix. Have a male here at home. Best dog I've ever had and has been so good with our young kids.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6,494
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Thank you!!!!

    Payton didnt win a SB until he got a good DC

    Mike McCarthy was almost fired before Dom Capers fixed the GB defense and they won.

    These guys didnt LEARN defense. Rex should be teaching defense, his specialty.
    Can you imagine how useless Rex would be in installing a west coast offense? You have to trust the people you hire and let them do their jobs.

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    And let the negativity begin...

    SethWalderNYDN: Geno just threw a very Tebow pass: sailed over the receiver in the flat. #nyj

    These pricks are worthless.
    Sunshine and rainbow brigade continuing their obsession w the media.

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,899
    Post Thanks / Like
    From Cimini
    Geno Smith 11-for-15 in 7 on 7s, mostly under center. Mostly short stuff. Good zip. Decent ball placement. No major mistakes. #Jets
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  6. #26
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    420
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Love your Boxer pix. Have a male here at home. Best dog I've ever had and has been so good with our young kids.

    Thanks man! They are the best dogs...he is great!! His name is Curtis. I really shouldnt have to expalin to anyone on here who he is named after..LOL

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    They were ranked what 8th in the league last year? And there best defensive player missed almost the entire season.... Thats not too shabby.
    I wont debate your rankings, all i know is the past 2 seasons i have seen alot of points put up on the Jets...
    12x the past 2 seasons The jets have given up more than 28 points....all losses.

    Not saying this is 100% the Defenses fault, as we know Mark certainly has contributed to the funk, bu ti still expect more from a defensive guru.

    JMO.

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yale1087 View Post
    Thanks man! They are the best dogs...he is great!! His name is Curtis. I really shouldnt have to expalin to anyone on here who he is named after..LOL
    Great dogs! Had a male just like yours and a female brindle. Amazingly smart and great with kids.

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,608
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yale1087 View Post
    Thanks man! They are the best dogs...he is great!! His name is Curtis. I really shouldnt have to expalin to anyone on here who he is named after..LOL
    I love Boxers also the name not so much.. Boozer the Boxer would have been better.. Although in the Denver AFCCG we did have a back that ran like a dog..

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I wont debate your rankings, all i know is the past 2 seasons i have seen alot of points put up on the Jets...
    12x the past 2 seasons The jets have given up more than 28 points....all losses.

    Not saying this is 100% the Defenses fault, as we know Mark certainly has contributed to the funk, bu ti still expect more from a defensive guru.

    JMO.
    Take the picks, especially the pick 6's out of the equation and that number looks better,

  11. #31
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    420
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I love Boxers also the name not so much.. Boozer the Boxer would have been better..

    haha...point taken...but i am partial to Curtis...to be honest he is 82lbs, def could have been named Boozer! lol

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    How abut dipping a toe in the Offensive side of the pool Rex?
    I will never be a fan of such a one sided approach to coaching.

    ITS PRE,PRESEASON, GET IN THERE REX!!!
    Stay away from it Rex. We have legit OC, let him do his and let Rex put all of his into the defense.

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    They were ranked what 8th in the league last year? And there best defensive player missed almost the entire season.... Thats not too shabby.
    And leading the league in 3 and outs?

    This and turnovers had to have left the Jets defending a short field way too often.

    It's more than just the D. I'll take Rexs D philosophy, schemes, planning etc much more than not. He's as good as it gets.

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Take the picks, especially the pick 6's out of the equation and that number looks better,
    Man, there was quite a few of those..
    Believe it or not, im optimistic for the future, just not quite as cheery about 2013.

    Go Jets!

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Forked River, NJ
    Posts
    4,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex needed to get involved with the offense last year when it became clear that Sparano wasn't doing a good job and he didn't. This year we have an accomplished OC and Rex SHOULD leave well enough alone and let Marty run the show on that side of the ball.
    Last edited by Jet Blast; 05-10-2013 at 12:24 PM.

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Stay away from it Rex. We have legit OC, let him do his and let Rex put all of his into the defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    Rex needed to get involved with the offense last year when it became clear that Sparano wasn't doing a job and he didn't. This year we have an accomplished OC and Rex SHOULD leave well enough alone and let Marty run the show on that side of the ball.
    Can he even fake it?..Hold a clipboard over there?....slap a few O linemens bottoms?

    I dont want him to be a nuisance, i just want him to care a little more about the O. Just dip a toe man.

  17. #37
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Man, there was quite a few of those..
    Believe it or not, im optimistic for the future, just not quite as cheery about 2013.

    Go Jets!
    Me too, I like where we're headed. I think with younger, faster talent on D, with Rex being the DC again (forgotten in all of this was he stepped back) and MM leading a Sanchezless O, might be more fun to watch games this year.

  18. #38
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    The big test will come in real camp when the offense has to face the real defense. Last year people should have twigged onto how bad our O was going to be after the daily QB passing stats.

  19. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Jeez...

    An incomplete pass in rookie camp to a guy he probably just met today. We should probably just cut Geno now and be done with it...
    Lol

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno Smith 11-for-15 in 7 on 7s, mostly under center. Mostly short stuff. Good zip. Decent ball placement. No major mistakes. #Jets
    Finally, some good accuracy. Sanchez very rarely puts up efficient numbers, even in practice.

    Let's hope this is a sign of things to come.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us