Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets and Info from Rookie Mini Camp

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You mean like most coordinators turned HC?

Why on earth is it better to have a defensive guru/mind dipping a toe in the Offensive side of the pool?

Only in NY, with Rex is this an issue.
    Thank you!!!!

Payton didnt win a SB until he got a good DC

Mike McCarthy was almost fired before Dom Capers fixed the GB defense and they won.

These guys didnt LEARN defense. Rex should be teaching defense, his specialty.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yale1087 View Post
    per Dick semen

Geno Smith and Matt Simms sharing reps at QB. #Jets #competition
    4 minutes ago

RichCimini Rich Cimini
    Rex Ryan very involved in defensive walk through, doing most of the talking/coaching. #Jets
    8 minutes ago

RichCimini Rich Cimini
    Winters at LG, Campbell at RG. Weird seeing 65 at right guard and not Brandon Moore. #Jets
    11 minutes ago

RichCimini Rich Cimini
    Uniform numbers: Milliner 27, Richardson 91, Winters 67, Aboushi 75, Campbell 65 and Bohanon 40. As we said earlier, Smith 7. #Jets
    Love your Boxer pix. Have a male here at home. Best dog I've ever had and has been so good with our young kids.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Thank you!!!!

Payton didnt win a SB until he got a good DC

Mike McCarthy was almost fired before Dom Capers fixed the GB defense and they won.

These guys didnt LEARN defense. Rex should be teaching defense, his specialty.
    Can you imagine how useless Rex would be in installing a west coast offense? You have to trust the people you hire and let them do their jobs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    And let the negativity begin...

SethWalderNYDN: Geno just threw a very Tebow pass: sailed over the receiver in the flat. #nyj

These pricks are worthless.
    Sunshine and rainbow brigade continuing their obsession w the media.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    From Cimini
    Geno Smith 11-for-15 in 7 on 7s, mostly under center. Mostly short stuff. Good zip. Decent ball placement. No major mistakes. #Jets
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Love your Boxer pix. Have a male here at home. Best dog I've ever had and has been so good with our young kids.

Thanks man! They are the best dogs...he is great!! His name is Curtis. I really shouldnt have to expalin to anyone on here who he is named after..LOL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    They were ranked what 8th in the league last year? And there best defensive player missed almost the entire season.... Thats not too shabby.
    I wont debate your rankings, all i know is the past 2 seasons i have seen alot of points put up on the Jets...
    12x the past 2 seasons The jets have given up more than 28 points....all losses.

Not saying this is 100% the Defenses fault, as we know Mark certainly has contributed to the funk, bu ti still expect more from a defensive guru.

JMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks man! They are the best dogs...he is great!! His name is Curtis. I really shouldnt have to expalin to anyone on here who he is named after..LOL
    Great dogs! Had a male just like yours and a female brindle. Amazingly smart and great with kids.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Boxers also the name not so much.. Boozer the Boxer would have been better.. Although in the Denver AFCCG we did have a back that ran like a dog..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I wont debate your rankings, all i know is the past 2 seasons i have seen alot of points put up on the Jets...
    12x the past 2 seasons The jets have given up more than 28 points....all losses.

Not saying this is 100% the Defenses fault, as we know Mark certainly has contributed to the funk, bu ti still expect more from a defensive guru.

JMO.
    Take the picks, especially the pick 6's out of the equation and that number looks better,

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I love Boxers also the name not so much.. Boozer the Boxer would have been better..

haha...point taken...but i am partial to Curtis...to be honest he is 82lbs, def could have been named Boozer! lol

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How abut dipping a toe in the Offensive side of the pool Rex?
    I will never be a fan of such a one sided approach to coaching.

ITS PRE,PRESEASON, GET IN THERE REX!!!
    Stay away from it Rex. We have legit OC, let him do his and let Rex put all of his into the defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    They were ranked what 8th in the league last year? And there best defensive player missed almost the entire season.... Thats not too shabby.
    And leading the league in 3 and outs?

This and turnovers had to have left the Jets defending a short field way too often.

It's more than just the D. I'll take Rexs D philosophy, schemes, planning etc much more than not. He's as good as it gets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Take the picks, especially the pick 6's out of the equation and that number looks better,
    Man, there was quite a few of those..
    Believe it or not, im optimistic for the future, just not quite as cheery about 2013.

Go Jets!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex needed to get involved with the offense last year when it became clear that Sparano wasn't doing a good job and he didn't. This year we have an accomplished OC and Rex SHOULD leave well enough alone and let Marty run the show on that side of the ball.
    Last edited by Jet Blast; 05-10-2013 at 12:24 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Stay away from it Rex. We have legit OC, let him do his and let Rex put all of his into the defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    Rex needed to get involved with the offense last year when it became clear that Sparano wasn't doing a job and he didn't. This year we have an accomplished OC and Rex SHOULD leave well enough alone and let Marty run the show on that side of the ball.
    Can he even fake it?..Hold a clipboard over there?....slap a few O linemens bottoms?

I dont want him to be a nuisance, i just want him to care a little more about the O. Just dip a toe man.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, there was quite a few of those..
    Believe it or not, im optimistic for the future, just not quite as cheery about 2013.

Go Jets!
    Me too, I like where we're headed. I think with younger, faster talent on D, with Rex being the DC again (forgotten in all of this was he stepped back) and MM leading a Sanchezless O, might be more fun to watch games this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The big test will come in real camp when the offense has to face the real defense. Last year people should have twigged onto how bad our O was going to be after the daily QB passing stats.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Jeez...

An incomplete pass in rookie camp to a guy he probably just met today. We should probably just cut Geno now and be done with it...
    Lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno Smith 11-for-15 in 7 on 7s, mostly under center. Mostly short stuff. Good zip. Decent ball placement. No major mistakes. #Jets
    Finally, some good accuracy. Sanchez very rarely puts up efficient numbers, even in practice.

Let's hope this is a sign of things to come.