Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets and Info from Rookie Mini Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Created a narrative about Sanchez?

Because we have a book of 4 NFL seasons of less than mediocre play?

That's all whipped out buy one or two comical...given what we know today...throw away lines by Dave Hutchinson?
    sanchez got the benefit of the doubt from day 1. geno gets nothing. we saw how sanchez performed when everything was handed to him and his coach got a tattoo of him on his arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Yale1087 View Post
    I really think Rex is gonna lean heavily on Marty to take care of the O....
    Rex has done that for the past 4 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    sanchez got the benefit of the doubt from day 1. geno gets nothing. we saw how sanchez performed when everything was handed to him and his coach got a tattoo of him on his arm.
    But just about every QB drafted in the top 5 is given the job from day one. Who was the last top 5 QB that was drafted and thrown into a true QB competition? Luck, RGIII, Bradford, Stafford, Ryan, Cam, all were given the job from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    But just about every QB drafted in the top 5 is given the job from day one. Who was the last top 5 QB that was drafted and thrown into a true QB competition? Luck, RGIII, Bradford, Stafford, Ryan, Cam, all were given the job from day one.
    i didn't mean he was given the job. sanchez was given good press from day 1. he didn't have to endure what geno did until he started actually sucking in games.

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Finally, some good accuracy. Sanchez very rarely puts up efficient numbers, even in practice.

Let's hope this is a sign of things to come.
    LOL. Hilarious! I can't stop laughing how absurd this is. He's throwing against UDFAs.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Please, whether it was handed to him or not has nothing to do with it. It's that he doesn't have it.

This is just another made up reason to blame Rex for something he shouldn't be blamed for. Marino, Payton & Eli, Luck, RG3, Flacco, etc, etc, had things handed to them too.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    LOL. Hilarious! I can't stop laughing how absurd this is. He's throwing against UDFAs.
    I haven't read the thread yet. Are they reporting practice stats again?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I haven't read the thread yet. Are they reporting practice stats again?
    Every throw....LOL. The beat reporters are even commenting on footwork this year as well...

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Geno Smith 6-for-8 in 7-on-7 drill. Fired a 25-yard bullet in traffic for completion. Held ball too long on 1 INC, poor footwork on other.

I guess Cimini thinks he is the new Matt Cavanaugh.

Please, whether it was handed to him or not has nothing to do with it. It's that he doesn't have it.

This is just another made up reason to blame Rex for something he shouldn't be blamed for. Marino, Payton & Eli, Luck, RG3, Flacco, etc, etc, had things handed to them too.
    these other qbs seized the opportunities they were handed.

Every throw....LOL. The beat reporters are even commenting on footwork this year as well...

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Geno Smith 6-for-8 in 7-on-7 drill. Fired a 25-yard bullet in traffic for completion. Held ball too long on 1 INC, poor footwork on other.

at least he's trying. better than writing irrelevant crap. maybe geno can get some positive press for the right reasons, his performance.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    The only absurd thing is you extrapolating the comments into something they are not.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

these other qbs seized the opportunities they were handed.
    Exactly, because they had the talent to play QB.

If they didn't pan out would we then blame their HC? Something different in the way they were given opportunities compared to what the Jets gave Sanchez? Most weren't handed the D and personnel that Sanchez was handed.

Yet its Rex or the fact that he was handed the opportunity. Doesn't seem to be a real solid reason. I could see it taking time but we've seen too much evidence that he sucks

Exactly, because they had the talent to play QB.

If they didn't pan out would we then blame their HC? Something different in the way they were given opportunities compared to what the Jets gave Sanchez? Most weren't handed the D and personnel that Sanchez was handed.

Yet its Rex or the fact that he was handed the opportunity. Doesn't seem to be a real solid reason. I could see it taking time but we've seen too much evidence that he sucks
    my point was, if sanchez ever had to compete against someone else in TC and actually win the starting job, he very well may never have won it. it's a pretty simple point.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini

at least he's trying. better than writing irrelevant crap. maybe geno can get some positive press for the right reasons, his performance.
    Yes, but have we truly reached the point where fans need to know the cause of every incompletion thrown in practice? We talkin' 'bout practice!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Yes, but have we truly reached the point where fans need to know the cause of every incompletion thrown in practice? We talkin' 'bout practice!!!!
    hey, it's all we have right now.

I wonder if Geno will have G.Smith on the back of his jersey like in WV or just Smith. I am thinking about ordering his jersey and would like to have it appear the same as it will be on game day.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    lots of those points came off of the offense turning the ball over in their territory....defense has played well and will be vastly improved in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I wont debate your rankings, all i know is the past 2 seasons i have seen alot of points put up on the Jets...
    12x the past 2 seasons The jets have given up more than 28 points....all losses.

Not saying this is 100% the Defenses fault, as we know Mark certainly has contributed to the funk, bu ti still expect more from a defensive guru.

JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    a couple of other numbers of interest...

WR Zack Rogers wearing 15

RB John Griffin wearing 24
    #24?!?!...sacrilege

Jets Insider VIP
    Why??

If Mevis wants his number retired he can have Sleaze, Slime and Sean send the jets a check fo for 16 mill

Quote Originally Posted by Yale1087 View Post
    Thanks man! They are the best dogs...he is great!! His name is Curtis. I really shouldnt have to expalin to anyone on here who he is named after..LOL
    I'm on my 2nd boxer. Last was a brindle male, this one is a white male. Just keep an eye on them as they hit 6+ yrs as they are very prone to cancer & heart disease unfortunately. Suggest sprinkling turmeric on their meals.