Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets and Info from Rookie Mini Camp

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    How abut dipping a toe in the Offensive side of the pool Rex?
    I will never be a fan of such a one sided approach to coaching.

ITS PRE,PRESEASON, GET IN THERE REX!!!
    I'd rather have him do Defense, nothing else, get a HC and leave Morningway alone.

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Finally, some good accuracy. Sanchez very rarely puts up efficient numbers, even in practice.

Let's hope this is a sign of things to come.
    What I was waiting on as well. Sure you can't put too much stock into these numbers, but that's probably the best camp numbers we've seen from a Jets QB (regardless of scenario) since Favre.

Hall Of Fame
    Finally, some good accuracy. Sanchez very rarely puts up efficient numbers, even in practice.

Let's hope this is a sign of things to come.
    My god people, this was the first day of ROOKIE mini camp. Drawing any conclusion is WAY beyond realistic.

Also, check how many times Sanchez went 9 for 11, or 11 for 15 in 7 on 7s last year, it happened a lot. Means little until the pads are on and a real defense is in front of him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    My god people, this was the first day of ROOKIE mini camp. Drawing any conclusion is WAY beyond realistic.
    Obviously. I guess you ignored "Let's hope this is a sign of things to come."

Some of us are actually excited about new blood at the QB position. Especially someone who appears to have a great skill set for the WC offense.

How do have in-completes 7 on 7? What a bum. Can we get an update on his study habits. Does EPSN have someone in the class room grading his papers? Where's the classroom cam? I got a bad feeling about this draft. The coaches, man, they don't seem to be meshing. Rex, already ignoring the offense and not letting the coaches coach. We miss Westhoff big time!!!! There, I am done until game 1 of the pre-season.

All Pro
    Nice sneaking.

That Sheldon Richardson is built like a tree! Oh, wait a minute...

Nice pick of Geno in action in his red #7 though!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    can't wait for "geno threw his first pick in practice, he's a bust" over-reactions
    why plant the bug in anyone's head? Mentioning it is just as bad!

Hall Of Fame
    Obviously. I guess you ignored "Let's hope this is a sign of things to come."

Some of us are actually excited about new blood at the QB position. Especially someone who appears to have a great skill set for the WC offense.
    Thats fine, but to say its some sort of sign of things to come is beyond premature, as Sanchez and even Tebow last year put up those kinds of completion percentages in 7 on 7s. Look up any of the training camp threads from last year.

Thats fine, but to say its some sort of sign of things to come is beyond premature, as Sanchez and even Tebow last year put up those kinds of completion percentages in 7 on 7s. Look up any of the training camp threads from last year.
    but, this was his first ever practice. sanchez had been there several years.

Apache 51, Bill Belicheat on line 1, he has a job opening for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Take the picks, especially the pick 6's out of the equation and that number looks better,
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    And leading the league in 3 and outs?

This and turnovers had to have left the Jets defending a short field way too often.

It's more than just the D. I'll take Rexs D philosophy, schemes, planning etc much more than not. He's as good as it gets.
    Lest we not forget the 28 points that were scored in 52 seconds by the Pats....cringe

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    but, this was his first ever practice. sanchez had been there several years.
    LOL....against guys who are UDFAs. If he went 6 for 15 would that have been "a sign of things to come" as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    why plant the bug in anyone's head? Mentioning it is just as bad!
    We should just hope Geno is mentally strong enough to use this media Garbage as fuel to succede and prove them wrong.

If we listen to his college coaches / poeple that know him (besides his ex-represenation) I think he is mentally tough.
    Shows a lot that a lot of people are sticking there necks out for this guy....i like it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Great job apache!!

A JI coup

Even CMart is possibly envious

All Pro

Also, check how many times Sanchez went 9 for 11, or 11 for 15 in 7 on 7s last year, it happened a lot. Means little until the pads are on and a real defense is in front of him.
    I agree that we can't react too much to the first day of practice. I disagree that Sanchez had "a lot" of days like that. I just remember a lot of days where he and Tebow were under or right around five hundred for completions. He is inaccurate in practice. He is inaccurate in the regular season. I think we will all be very pleasantly surprised by how much better the team will get in every aspect (including defense) when we have a QB who consistently completes more than 60% of his passes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    Only Jets fans. Holy Sh!t, you think Sean Payton dips a toe in the defensive side of the pool?

Talk about over reactioins.
    Rex Ryan needs to be showing Geno Smith how to throw a football. #superbowl

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I think we have a new jetsrule128

Didn't he used to sneak in the Hoftstra bushes?
    Oh man! The more things change, the more they stay the same around here.

We just need SBIII commenting on the authenticity of the jerseys.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Haha! Look at Andrew Brandt getting a little dig in on the insane Geno Smith over-reaction since the draft!

Expand
    Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt 4h
    Wonder if scouts/sources will find ways criticize this too.. RT ‏@RichCimini Rookie QB Geno Smith will wear No. 7
    Expand

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    And let the negativity begin...

SethWalderNYDN: Geno just threw a very Tebow pass: sailed over the receiver in the flat. #nyj

These pricks are worthless.
    I say FANTASTIC!!!!

Now we can call him a BUST and get on with it!!!!

LOL....against guys who are UDFAs. If he went 6 for 15 would that have been "a sign of things to come" as well?
    but he's throwing to the same trash.