Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: IRS apologizes for targeting conservative groups

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    It looks to me when the smoke clears the real beneficiary was Karl Rove and the Republican Party who sees the Tea Party and the far right as a threat to them and their business cronies.
    I'm enjoying the re-read of this thread.

An interesting turn of events today.

The IRS Area Head in charge of this area claimed the following at her testimony:

"I have not done anything wrong," she said. "I have not broken any laws. I have not violated any IRS rules or regulations, and I have not provided false information to this or any other congressional committee."
    She then turned around and pled the 5th, basicly refusing to testify anything to Congress.

One has to wonder, if she testified that "she broke no laws" what basis she has for refusing to testify to Congress by claiming the 5th, or that she may incriminate herself via her testimony.

Seems rather questionable, on all fronts, tbqh.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    An interesting turn of events today.

The IRS Area Head in charge of this area claimed the following at her testimony:

She then turned around and pled the 5th, basicly refusing to testify anything to Congress.

One has to wonder, if she testified that "she broke no laws" what basis she has for refusing to testify to Congress by claiming the 5th, or that she may incriminate herself via her testimony.

Seems rather questionable, on all fronts, tbqh.
    +1000000000000000

This is just getting worse and worse for the Obama Administration.