Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ESPN- Geno Gets an "F"

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by tedtedthefootballhead View Post
    LOL
    It's ridiculous what they're doing to this kid. I'm usually not part of the "media is out to get us" coalition, but this is over the top.

Today the NY Post played the race card. Seriously? We should have kept Tebow, would have kept the pressure off of Geno:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...U2A77r00KTg5oM

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's ridiculous what they're doing to this kid. I'm usually not part of the "media is out to get us" coalition, but this is over the top.

Today the NY Post played the race card. Seriously? We should have kept Tebow, would have kept the pressure off of Geno:

SAR I
    We still have BUTTFUMBLE and do not need Tebow. All pressure will be off Geno when Sanchez throws his first interception in camp. The crowd will yell for Geno and so will the media.

But I do agree that it is over the top at how the media is going after this kid. BUT I lietened to his post-mini camp conference and he handled the media easily. He grew in my eyes tremendously. He is not to be taken lightly. He can handle the pressure and keep on ticking! He is here to win games not play games with the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Another poster that wants to re-write history

Sanchez has never had any problems shouldering he blame, and putting the problems on his shoulders.

The anti-Sanchez on this board is shameless.
    52 turnovers in 31 games will do that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Another poster that wants to re-write history

Sanchez has never had any problems shouldering he blame, and putting the problems on his shoulders.

The anti-Sanchez on this board is shameless.
    You are completely wrong here. mark brought this on himself.

He accepts responsibility in a press conference half heatedly and does nt seem to put in the work where it matters. He is a public figure and if fans want him out they have that right. I am more open than most...I say he is salvageable and let him start 2013. I see nothing from him that tells me he will get better. Nothing in 4 years. But when he turns over the ball multiple times in the first few games what then?

SAR I
    That's reaching, even by your own extremely low standards.

Anybody know where Mark Sanchez was while a second round quarterback was organizing meetings in camp dorm rooms with the offensive line?

Was he busy studying his playbook?

Or maybe just spending time texting his next fake girlfriend?

Actually, I think the term is "beard", but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SAR I

SAR I

That's reaching, even by your own extremely low standards.
    No he's not reaching, I thought the same thing as I read the article. Why even bring it up? Stephen A tried the same thing last week. What they are too stupid to realize is that they come off as the racists for even noticing. It's truly disgusting.

Didn't Mark Sanchez also set up a meeting with his fellow rookies during his Rookie Minicamp? I can't find the article, but I'm pretty sure he did.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    52 turnovers in 31 games will do that.
    Reality sucks...don't it....

I can't wait to see Geno take the reigns. Sorry Mark...my facebook buddy...lol

all right. if your not first you're last. the problem is that geno didn't really play in a pro offense at wv and that's going to hurt him especially with a wco. we'll see what happens. he loses the attitude and works hard he can certainly do better than sanchez. imo sanchez will not succeed in a wco either because it takes decisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    From what I read he looked comfortable with the playbook. That is something we havent see from our QB in a long time now. Mainly quick short passes but you dont want to go wild your 1st practice under a new system. I think it was a good answer. He left nothing but obvious praise to be said. Even if you came out thinking it was a sub par performance the answer to the question made you feel better about it IMO. He didnt sugar coat anything he just said it is either an A+ or an F and it wasnt an A+.

Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    all right. if your not first you're last. the problem is that geno didn't really play in a pro offense at wv and that's going to hurt him especially with a wco. we'll see what happens. he loses the attitude and works hard he can certainly do better than sanchez. imo sanchez will not succeed in a wco either because it takes decisiveness.
    ...what attitude?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Can you please explain this attitude from Gino smith...I would like to know more about it...I watched him play 3 years at west Virginia and I have never heard anything about his attitude until 2 weeks ago.....every interview I have recently seen shows a mature composed figure....can you please explain this ATTITUDE that I have seemed to miss. Y ou said he needs to lose this attitude and I have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post

Jets Insider VIP
    I think he's talking about the "attitude" reported by the likes of Womanish and the media based on what his sleazy agents told them immediately after they were fired

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I know but I am seeing so many people posting about this attitude and yet the talk of it is not even valid.....I have seen quite a few posters themselves say they hope he loses this attitude....which we have yet to actually see lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I think he's talking about the "attitude" reported by the likes of Womanish and the media based on what his sleazy agents told them immediately after they were fired

SAR I
    I think it's a decent article, the author has a valid opinion and asks the right questions "is there any bigger diva in the NFL than Tom Brady?"

Nice to read something positive and good to hear Geno is working with the new oline