Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN- Geno Gets an "F"

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Gotta love day 1 of Geno.

1. Completed a high percentage of his passes.

2. Is said to have looked good, knew what he was doing, came prepared.

3. On a day Sanchez would have claimed it felt great to be out there, and I made a lot of good throws, but would like to have a few back, but overall it was a great day... Geno gives himself a F. I've seen games where Sanchez has thrown a pick 6, fumbled for a opposing team td, and completed under 50% of his passes, not once has he ever said he was an F or say his play was unacceptable.

4. The media hounds him after practice looking for him to slip, or give them a story, and he was calm, cool, and handled them perfectly... He didn't come across anything like the diva they sooo want him be either.

It's only 1 day in, but I think this is off to a nice start...

Another poster that wants to re-write history

Sanchez has never had any problems shouldering he blame, and putting the problems on his shoulders.

The anti-Sanchez on this board is shameless.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Yeah, and they are still carrying on with this 5 QB's BS...

Like we're the ONLY team with 5 QB's! Where's the "Circus" for PHILLY, with that BUST waiting to happen in Barkley?!

Or Pittsburgh with their 5 QB's.

I really wish I could reach through the TV and strangle these idiots... Or at least correct the douchebags
    This early in the year, teams always have 4 guys on the roster. If they have a veteran fighting to keep a job, they keep 5.

Simms cost them zero.
    Smith - the future
    Sanchize - big contract means you stuck with him
    Garrard - see if he had anything. If not, will be gone
    McElnoodle - bust at a late pick. Won't make roster.

I see final QB roster for home opener: Sanchize, Garrard, and Smith. If Smith wins job in training camp, they could cut Garrard with Sanchize as the backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Sanchez has never had any problems shouldering he blame, and putting the problems on his shoulders.

Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez had his worst game yet in a miserable season on Monday night, throwing four interceptions in a loss to the Titans that eliminated the Jets from playoff contention. After the game, he took the loss on his own shoulders.

“It doesn’t feel good hurting your team like that,” Sanchez said. “I made a couple of mistakes that I shouldn’t have made again. It doesn’t feel good, and I’ve got to learn from them and play better for us to win.”

Enough said...
    Last edited by Monsterxman; 05-10-2013 at 10:43 PM.

All Pro

Well he surely never got mad about anything. The one thing the media seems to harp on Geno for is, I think Sanchez' biggest problem. I like my QB to get pissed off when things aren't perfect. I get pissed off, and so should he. Then again I guess I must be just another punk.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Well he surely never got mad about anything. The one thing the media seems to harp on Geno for is, I think Sanchez' biggest problem. I like my QB to get pissed off when things aren't perfect. I get pissed off, and so should he. Then again I guess I must be just another punk.
    Thank you, you get it... That's my problem too with Sanchez. Everything is down played...

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Thank you, you get it... That's my problem too with Sanchez. Everything is down played...
    +1 to your agreement.
    Love to see a lil fire and passion out there.

Jets Insider VIP

Indeed it was the Jets FO media folks who told Sanchez to be more evasive. Now doing what he was told sanchez was an idiot...

Jets Insider VIP
    Gotta love day 1 of Geno.

1. Completed a high percentage of his passes.

2. Is said to have looked good, knew what he was doing, came prepared.

3. On a day Sanchez would have claimed it felt great to be out there, and I made a lot of good throws, but would like to have a few back, but overall it was a great day... Geno gives himself a F. I've seen games where Sanchez has thrown a pick 6, fumbled for a opposing team td, and completed under 50% of his passes, not once has he ever said he was an F or say his play was unacceptable.

4. The media hounds him after practice looking for him to slip, or give them a story, and he was calm, cool, and handled them perfectly... He didn't come across anything like the diva they sooo want him be either.

It's only 1 day in, but I think this is off to a nice start...
    BEST post in the thread.

Shameless, as in lacking shame.

And why WOULD a Fan feel shame? Certainly not for hoping that the worst QB in the NFL over the last four years can be unseated by a different Jets QB.

I see no reason to feel shame for rooting for Smith to supplant Sanchez. Especially given how very very clear it is that Mark Sanchez does not have a future with the NY Jets, and may not have a future in the NFL as a starter.

I'd be ashamed if I felt the need to tell other fans how or who on our roster they should be rooting for.

But thats just me.

How could ESPN possibly misconstrue what happened? Geno was being a perfectionist. This was his mindset today...

I'm all for calling out the media for their bs, but this was something that Geno himself had said. Is it worthy of an article? No, but this is ESPN we're talking about.

One thing I noticed about all the Geno controversy is that seemingly everyone who had something negative to say about him was always anonymous and hadn't exactly met him/known him that well. On the flip side, anyone who had positive things to say about him had known him/met him and actually, in the immortal words of Herm, put their name on it. Doesn't really mean anything, but I just found it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Shameless, as in lacking shame.

And why WOULD a Fan feel shame? Certainly not for hoping that the worst QB in the NFL over the last four years can be unseated by a different Jets QB.

I see no reason to feel shame for rooting for Smith to supplant Sanchez. Especially given how very very clear it is that Mark Sanchez does not have a future with the NY Jets, and may not have a future in the NFL as a starter.

I'd be ashamed if I felt the need to tell other fans how or who on our roster they should be rooting for.

But thats just me.
    Rooting against a player on the team you root for is completely dumb, there is nothing you or anybody can justify it with.

If Sanchez bounces back, it's good for the team, and good for the fans. If Smith impresses in camp, it's also good for the team.

I have no problem with Smith sitting a year if Sanchez proves last year was an aberration and that he was in the middle of the perfect storm no thanks to injuries to players up and down the roster on the offensive side of the ball and the abysmal performance of the OC who ran that offense.

If Smith impresses, and Sanchez continues to falter, I have no problem with Smith taking over.

Then there is the matter of Garrard possibly coming in and making a statement of his own.

But rooting against a player because of the stupid butt fumble circus show on ESPN? That's just beyond dumb.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    he was calling the MEDIA moron and rightfully so....who gives a rats ass what they had to say? I was more interested in what ryan, smith, the coaches and actual players had to say. Some of us pay ZERO attention to the media....I saw the espn piece and paid it no mind. I logged on the jets site and looked at the footage and interviews....that's what I pay ATTENTION to. The jets are a football team focused on football...the " circus" left town 2 weeks ago with Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by ken shroy View Post
    Can you read? It was about the Jets being a circus and he's a diva!
    Jerko.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Good point but it's a moot point now because for he first timein his career sanchez has real competition. I do not envision sanchez winning the job if he does then great. Smith and Garrard are trying to win a job....that's a good thin in QB land for the coaches.

Veteran
    If he gave himself an A they'd say he's unreal, a B not confident, a C just mediocre, D a bust, E worse than Jamarcus...

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Good point but it's a moot point now because for he first timein his career sanchez has real competition. I do not envision sanchez winning the job if he does then great. Smith and Garrard are trying to win a job....that's a good thin in QB land for the coaches.
    +1

It's Sanchez giving Smith/Garrard competition at this point!

NFL Network has a great report and no basketball news, the talking heads are getting better, they finally got rid of Millen and Moras, Sapp is learning, no more ESPN for me, especially mike and mike

Geno has some zip on his passes, Richardson will be fun, good first day

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'm all for calling out the media for their bs, but this was something that Geno himself had said. Is it worthy of an article? No, but this is ESPN we're talking about.

One thing I noticed about all the Geno controversy is that seemingly everyone who had something negative to say about him was always anonymous and hadn't exactly met him/known him that well. On the flip side, anyone who had positive things to say about him had known him/met him and actually, in the immortal words of Herm, put their name on it. Doesn't really mean anything, but I just found it interesting.
    that's b/c so much of the bashing was probably generated by his former agents as it really started raining right after he canned them. as if he needed more of a reason to get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    that's b/c so much of the bashing was probably generated by his former agents as it really started raining right after he canned them. as if he needed more of a reason to get rid of them.
    I mean, some of it COULD be based loosely in reality. I mean, Geno is a very quiet and introverted guy (according to what I've read), and people often mistake that quietness as being a jerk.

Idk, I'm gonna hold off judgement and take the word of people who actually know him and put their name on their comments. At least until Geno proves them and myself wrong.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He has NOT signed a contract.

If we release him tomorrow, this doesn't hit the cap, right?

SAR I
    LOL