Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I decided to embrace it and get excited today

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I support the team and the jersey, don't care who wins the job, whoever outplays and earns it.

Then there are clowns like you who have baseless agendas, rooting against a player for no reason, no real reason, it's the popular agenda of SOJF, so go with it.
    Are you kidding right now or are you just that oblivious? I was rooting for Sanchez last year and tried to keep a smiling face for him. Then, he ran into Moore's ass. He completely and utterly **** the bed and I no longer wish to see him under center for our team. Don't QQ at me just because I recognize that Sanchez completely sucks and I won't hold out hope for him to pull an Eli and turn it all around.

You're just a silly fanboy who jugs the kool-aid every chance you get. Get in touch with reality, kiddo.

#Sonned

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Are you kidding right now or are you just that oblivious? I was rooting for Sanchez last year and tried to keep a smiling face for him. Then, he ran into Moore's ass. He completely and utterly **** the bed and I no longer wish to see him under center for our team. Don't QQ at me just because I recognize that Sanchez completely sucks and I won't hold out hope for him to pull an Eli and turn it all around.

You're just a silly fanboy who jugs the kool-aid every chance you get. Get in touch with reality, kiddo.

#Sonned
    Son I've been rooting for this team longer than you even knew what a football was. Take your fanboy crap and shove it.

Don't lecture me punk, it's not out of the question Sanchez can bounce back, despite what a wannabee SOJF and his agenda have to say about it, and that was the statement made.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    These are the clowns who seems to focus on idiocy rather than football...regardless of how sanchez was in 2012, this is a new year...why would you want him to fail? it's nonstop rants about the man....I honestly do not think he will win the job, but if he does then great....I to support the team and jersey...if a jets goes elsewhere its adios...I also do not dwell. THis is a new season...however you will have the same clowns who will put a downer on everything.....amazes me how they even watch Jets football and why even root for a team they can do nothing else but knock.

I support the team and the jersey, don't care who wins the job, whoever outplays and earns it.

Then there are clowns like you who have baseless agendas, rooting against a player for no reason, no real reason, it's the popular agenda of SOJF, so go with it.

Son I've been rooting for this team longer than you even knew what a football was. Take your fanboy crap and shove it.
    Aww, back 5 minutes and I've already gotten your panties in a rustle. Hehe, I love you so much.

Hall Of Fame
    Ray Ray trust me if that happens there are some here who would consider it a problem even though in reality it's the best situation possible.

That's fine

Best case scenario is for Sanchez to bounce back, and Geno to flash early, giving the Jets a tough decision to make, seeing that both QB's emerge, the other becomes trade bait.

Aww, back 5 minutes and I've already gotten your panties in a rustle. Hehe, I love you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Ray Ray trust me if that happens there are some here who would consider it a problem even though in reality it's the best situation possible.
    Seeing Sanchez bounce back would be a beautiful site.

Watching the symbolic kick in the teeth to so many on this board, on sports talk radio, the media, would be epic.

Hall Of Fame
    actually its about being a rational fan.....you show optimism about your team and its "drinking koolaid" not sure if you missed it but there have been a lot of changes in jets land....all for the good...is it a crime for a die hard fan to feel good about the team? Yeah we know about the butt fumble.....WHY DWELL? What's your point? The world knows what happened....let it go......if sanchez completely sucks then it will show on the field in 2013 with no excuses....you have no more infinite jets knowledge than any of us who have been rooting for this team for decades. Its about having an opinion. We are embarking on a new season with excitement you are harping on a damn butt fumble...we are talking football and you are talking the past...hence why anyone would question your football iq. As a former athlete who ran track at the Univ of florida....whose cousin (Kipp Vickers-Miami Hurrincanes) won a super bowl as a starting o lineman for the ravens vs the giants..whose other cousin was a wide receiver for the Gators (reggie Vickers) I think I have a clue about football and sports in general. By no means saying I have superior knowledge, but some of us focuses on the now which happens to be exciting.

#Sonned
    Last edited by jetsfreak; 05-11-2013 at 01:02 AM.

actually its about being a rational fan.....you show optimism about your team and its "drinking koolaid" not sure if you missed it but there have been a lot of changes in jets land....all for the good...is it a crime for a die hard fan to feel good about the team? Yeah we know about the butt fumble.....WHY DWELL? What's your point? The world knows what happened....let it go......if sanchez completely sucks then it will show on the field in 2013 with no excuses....you have no more infinite jets knowledge than any of us who have been rooting for this team for decades. Its about having an opinion. We are embarking on a new season with excitement you are harping on a damn butt fumble...we are talking football and you are talking the past...hence why anyone would question your football iq. As a former athlete who ran track at the Univ of florida....whose cousin (Kipp Vickers-Miami Hurrincanes) won a super bowl as a starting o lineman for the ravens vs the giants..whose other cousin was a wide receiver for the Gators (reggie Vickers) I think I have a clue about football and sports in general. By no means saying I have superior knowledge, but some of us focuses on the now which happens to be exciting.
    The point is that some of us have accepted what Sanchez is and aren't looking forward to it, and others like my buddy Rah Rah are still holding out some false hope that buttfumble can turn into Eli.

I certainly am not like Scott or his band of SOJFs, trust me. I'm definitely optimistic about the TEAM, but I'm nowhere near excited to watch Sanchez turn the ball over some more. Guys like Rah Rah, on the other hand, are.

I'm more in line with realistic expectations and going off of what we've seen from guys before to judge what they are. Sanchez is nothing but an accident waiting to happen. The rest of the team, while having holes to fill, has a chance to be a pretty solid team and might even have a chance at the wildcard of we get some competent QB play (from Garrard or Smith, Sanchez doesn't have it in him).

edit: "you show optimism about your team and its "drinking koolaid". The opposite is also true, however. Take guys like Rah Rah for example: If you're not totally super hyped and have the slightest bit of concern about an aspect of the franchise, you can expect an immediate "OMG YOU STUPID SOJF! BOW YOUR HEAD! I SAID BOW YOUR ****ING HEAD!". So, we should also keep that in mind as well.
    Last edited by McGinley; 05-11-2013 at 01:25 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    I hear you but my point is that this scenario is something sanchez has never been as a Jet...I frankly do not see him turning it around but if he does then good. We all know about 2012..it happened....some of us are just stoked about 2013.

The point is that some of us have accepted what Sanchez is and aren't looking forward to it, and others like my buddy Rah Rah are still holding out some false hope that buttfumble can turn into Eli.

I certainly am not like Scott or his band of SOJFs, trust me. I'm definitely optimistic about the TEAM, but I'm nowhere near excited to watch Sanchez turn the ball over some more. Guys like Rah Rah, on the other hand, are.

I'm more in line with realistic expectations and going off of what we've seen from guys before to judge what they are. Sanchez is nothing but an accident waiting to happen. The rest of the team, while having holes to fill, has a chance to be a pretty solid team and might even have a chance at the wildcard of we get some competent QB play (from Garrard or Smith, Sanchez doesn't have it in him).

I hear you but my point is that this scenario is something sanchez has never been as a Jet...I frankly do not see him turning it around but if he does then good. We all know about 2012..it happened....some of us are just stoked about 2013.
    I understand, but it should be understood that I'm not rooting against Sanchez. There's a difference between not being optimistic about a guy and rooting against the player.

I, too, am optimistic about 2013. I thought we had a fantastic draft and I'm liking what Idzik & Co. are doing. It's guys like Sanchez that I'm NOT optimistic about because by now we have a pretty good idea of what he'll be, and that's very uninspiring.

+1000
    This dude should've stayed gone, no bother with arguing with him.

There's nothing wrong with being excited for a team with no expectations. Whoever emerges the starter at QB is who I will root for.

That's what being a fan is. It's not being a "realist" who has a lot of money with good seats and bashes the head coach on the Internet trying to make a statement, or a little 14 year old who writes too much Internet/reddit lingo about football topics he doesn't know anything about. A real fan is a person who is excited to see his/her team on Sunday through thick and thin. Which, quite frankly, this site needs more of.

And people bash Ray Ray and others for being optimists and "drinking the Kool-Aid", but I'd rather be in that group instead of the group that sees the worst in everything and the negativity that deprives them of what football is all about, and that's excitement.

Objections and discussions are always good and fun to talk about, but when someone bashes another person for being an optimist or a homer, thats just dumb and non-productive.

I have watched smith play most of his college career and the only time I hear him being called an ******* is after he is drafted by some media anonymous sources....lets please give the kid some respect...how is he an ******* from what we have seen? That's why I do not follow the media....I just follow the team, players and coaches.
    Not sure how I haven't noticed your posts over the years... But you seem to be one of the more level headed posters here.

Nice to see... Things have REALLY been pfailing the past few years.

CHEERS to an ENTERTAINING and COMPETITIVE season!

Hall Of Fame
    LOL @ you guys believing that there will be a QB competition. Sanchez is toast. If they had a trade partner he would have been gone by now. Unless Geno looks like Tebow in practice he is going to be the starter.

And what if Sanchez answers back, with a big F U to all of his detractors, and plays well?
    Sanchez can definitely answer back. Just like he did in game one of 2012, and the first drive of game two of 2012.

But then some mean old defensive player will tackle him, and he will get a little worried, and then he will throw the ball to the wrong guy, and then he will sit down and think about what cute girl can heal his sad feelings.

Then everything will be alright.

Except for the interceptions.

But girls don't care about that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    Sanchez can definitely answer back. Just like he did in game one of 2012, and the first drive of game two of 2012.

But then some mean old defensive player will tackle him, and he will get a little worried, and then he will throw the ball to the wrong guy, and then he will sit down and think about what cute girl can heal his sad feelings.

Then everything will be alright.

Except for the interceptions.

But girls don't care about that stuff.
    Didn't what's her name break up with him during the season once he settled into his slump?

Didn't what's her name break up with him during the season once he settled into his slump?
    You mean blonde titty girl that just turned down some goofy rich kid for a prom date?

And which slump are you talking about?

Hall Of Fame
    xix'm right there with you brother

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    +1000

There's nothing wrong with being excited for a team with no expectations. Whoever emerges the starter at QB is who I will root for.

That's what being a fan is. It's not being a "realist" who has a lot of money with good seats and bashes the head coach on the Internet trying to make a statement, or a little 14 year old who writes too much Internet/reddit lingo about football topics he doesn't know anything about. A real fan is a person who is excited to see his/her team on Sunday through thick and thin. Which, quite frankly, this site needs more of.

And people bash Ray Ray and others for being optimists and "drinking the Kool-Aid", but I'd rather be in that group instead of the group that sees the worst in everything and the negativity that deprives them of what football is all about, and that's excitement.

Objections and discussions are always good and fun to talk about, but when someone bashes another person for being an optimist or a homer, thats just dumb and non-productive.

Hall Of Fame
    I agree.....much to be excited about

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Not sure how I haven't noticed your posts over the years... But you seem to be one of the more level headed posters here.

Nice to see... Things have REALLY been pfailing the past few years.

CHEERS to an ENTERTAINING and COMPETITIVE season!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    +1000

A "real fan" could indeed have decided that Mark Sanchez absolutely sucks and they might hope and pray that the team goes in another direction.

Out of curiosity, if you were a Jaguar fan, would you be rallying behind Blaine Gabbert right now ? IF you were a Cardinals fan last year, would you have thrown your full support behind Kolb and Skelton ?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with questioning who the QB will be or complaining about the possibility that it might be Mark Sanchez yet again.

The very reason for complaining is that a person SUPPORTS the damned team and they want it to be successful.

For those into politics at all, this is like the Primaries. You pull for the person you think best for the party (team) and you argue strongly against anyone else. In the end, when the primaries conclude, you rally around whomever it was that was chosen, regardless of whom it is.