Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I decided to embrace it and get excited today

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    LOL at everyone here who "know" Sanchez is done, but conveniently forget that Geno had close to 40 fumbles in his college career and his hands won't be getting any bigger in the next few months.

Moral of the story? No matter who our QB is, he'll have a history to erase. There's no reason either one "can't", it's a matter of who steps up and does it. And as long as one of them does, the Jets will be in a better place because of it . . .
    32 fumbles for Geno in college... Sanchez has big hands and fumbled 42 times as a Jet.

The other part of Sanchez games that is frustrating is the INT's... He had 18 int's last year to go along with 14 fumbles...

Then you take his poor sub 60% completion percentage...

And then factor in that he doesn't throw for a lot of yards or Tds....

Well you get the point - Sanchez is a limited player without a huge upside.

Geno might not pan out either, but he's got a much, much better chance.
    Last edited by Monsterxman; 05-11-2013 at 08:52 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayRay View Post
    When Wayne Chrebet uttered Geno Smith's name on the podium that fateful evening, I literally turned off the TV I was so angry. I, like I think a lot of people, was going by the Pro Football Weekly scouting report in thinking this guy was bad news.

Since that time, I've seen him interviewed on TV, watched the Gruden camp video, read up on him beyond that one scouting report, watched videos of how he played and handled the press during college, and he has done nothing but impress me. He seems like a composed, mature, focused individual who really has a hunger to be a great quarterback. So what if he was tying himself up into knots when he went undrafted in the first round -- that just showed me how much he really wants it.

Now I'm looking forward to seeing what we have here as a quarterback.
    seems like the worst part of the whole thing were his former agents.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    SG3, my dude, are you ok? I swear, every recent post I've seen from you has had something to do with getting rid of Mark, lol.

Sanchez is obviously a problem, but he's not going to be the biggest problem in the world if he's on the bench. We're pretty much tied to him right now and I doubt his jersey number becomes available before 2014.
    Out the door =A TEN

Inactive or tied to the bench= A NINE

On the field pissing away games and another season= A DISASTER

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Out the door =A TEN

Inactive or tied to the bench= A NINE

On the field pissing away games and another season= A DISASTER
    Look, if he's on the bench then he doesn't have an opportunity to buttfumble. As long as we don't have to watch him set the position back 50 years, I'm ok with him being on the roster for now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    32 fumbles for Geno in college... Sanchez has big hands and fumbled 42 times as a Jet.

The other part of Sanchez games that is frustrating is the INT's... He had 18 int's last year to go along with 14 fumbles...

Then you take his poor sub 60% completion percentage...

And then factor in that he doesn't throw for a lot of yards or Tds....

Well you get the point - Sanchez is a limited player without a huge upside.

Geno might not pan out either, but he's got a much, much better chance.
    And that's after management strongly impressing on Mark to protect the ball.
    basically saying we get it, the O is not where it should be but PEASE protect the ball.

It's mind boggling.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    And what if Sanchez answers back, with a big F U to all of his detractors, and plays well?
    Good. I hope he pulls a Drew Brees after Phillip Rivers was drafted. I hope he starts, plays great, continues to play great, and Geno can't even get on the field.

I just want to see good QB play for the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Good. I hope he pulls a Drew Brees after Phillip Rivers was drafted. I hope he starts, plays great, continues to play great, and Geno can't even get on the field.

I just want to see good QB play for the Jets.
    Plus infinity

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    And that's after management strongly impressing on Mark to protect the ball.
    basically saying we get it, the O is not where it should be but PEASE protect the ball.

It's mind boggling.
    he just can't do it. they gave him a traffic light system and he couldn't do it then either.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    And what if Sanchez answers back, with a big F U to all of his detractors, and plays well?
    And what if the queen grows balls?????

WE ALL, EVERY ONE OF US would love that but nothing indicates that is even a fai possibility.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I based my enthusiasm from watching him play in college...I watch as much college as pro football....there is NO WAY I make judgement of a player unless I saw enough of him. Nothing beats seeing the player play....people were upset and going ballistic and had never seen him even play in college...sorry but that makes zero sense to me. That's why I laugh at so many resident experts on this board who does not even watch college ball. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayRay View Post
    When Wayne Chrebet uttered Geno Smith's name on the podium that fateful evening, I literally turned off the TV I was so angry. I, like I think a lot of people, was going by the Pro Football Weekly scouting report in thinking this guy was bad news.

Since that time, I've seen him interviewed on TV, watched the Gruden camp video, read up on him beyond that one scouting report, watched videos of how he played and handled the press during college, and he has done nothing but impress me. He seems like a composed, mature, focused individual who really has a hunger to be a great quarterback. So what if he was tying himself up into knots when he went undrafted in the first round -- that just showed me how much he really wants it.

Now I'm looking forward to seeing what we have here as a quarterback.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    I based my enthusiasm from watching him play in college...I watch as much college as pro football....there is NO WAY I make judgment of a player unless I saw enough of him. Nothing beats seeing the player play....people were upset and going ballistic and had never seen him even play in college...sorry but that makes zero sense to me. That's why I laugh at So mAny Resident experts on thIs board who does not even watch college ball. LOL
    +1 and fixed

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Look, if he's on the bench then he doesn't have an opportunity to buttfumble. As long as we don't have to watch him set the position back 50 years, I'm ok with him being on the roster for now.
    I disagreee with you given Sanchez' propensity to sulk on the sidelines. With a kid QB on the team, we do not need that type of behavior. If Sanchez loses out, I think it best to cut him rather then have him contaminate the kid QB. Besides I think Garrard will be our starter. I think Geno & McElroy will be the low cost backups until Geno is ready to play.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    And what if the queen grows balls?????

WE ALL, EVERY ONE OF US would love that but nothing indicates that is even a fai possibility.
    agreed. The guy has had time to develop and hasn't. He caused us embarassment last year and should be off the team but for a stupid contract blunder. If Tanny did not screw up Sanchez would be in the Arena League as a backup.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I disagreee with you given Sanchez' propensity to sulk on the sidelines. With a kid QB on the team, we do not need that type of behavior. If Sanchez loses out, I think it best to cut him rather then have him contaminate the kid QB. Besides I think Garrard will be our starter. I think Geno & McElroy will be the low cost backups until Geno is ready to play.
    +100

KJ nails it as usual. The machine has zero chance of winning a fair competition and keeping him around takes away important reps needed by Garrard, the 2013 starter and Smith, the eventual starter and hopefully, the franchise guy.

Outta here in June for T#6

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Questioning is one thing, I have no issue with fans being skeptical or even doubting. But rooting against the player and writing him off with a clear agenda and blindly having no such concerns about Smith or any other QB is beyond ignorant and just makes that person look like an a-hole.
    They root against him because they fear that he'll get the starting job again, and that the Jets will suck again, just as they did last year.

With Smith or any other QB, at least you have HOPE. They MIGHT be as bad as Sanchez, but there's a higher probability that they will be better than him. In Geno's case, if he's bad out of the gate, well, he's a rookie. You still have hope that he'll develop and improve. This is why young QBs have a longer leash as the starter than older QBs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    +100

KJ nails it as usual. The machine has zero chance of winning a fair competition and keeping him around takes away important reps needed by Garrard, the 2013 starter and Smith, the eventual starter and hopefully, the franchise guy.

Outta here in June for T#6
    you have to wonder if they would have brought in Garrard if they 'knew' they'd get geno. obviously they couldn't know that. but if the idea was to generate qb competition, they really don't need Garrard anymore. they clearly didn't want geno in the first half of the first round and couldn't have anticipated he'd fall.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The difference between Geno and Sanchez is that Geno has balls ( and a chip on his shoulder) whereas Sanchez is a pu$$y.

It's as simple as that!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    you have to wonder if they would have brought in Garrard if they 'knew' they'd get geno. obviously they couldn't know that. but if the idea was to generate qb competition, they really don't need Garrard anymore. they clearly didn't want geno in the first half of the first round and couldn't have anticipated he'd fall.
    Thats a very valid point. Based on where Geno was drafted, I think you are correct.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Thats a very valid point. Based on where Geno was drafted, I think you are correct.
    The NFL ain't easy. I'd rather see Garrard win the start with Geno as his backup. Garrard likely doesn't play 16 games and Geno will have time to grow into to the position by then.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    The NFL ain't easy. I'd rather see Garrard win the start with Geno as his backup. Garrard likely doesn't play 16 games and Geno will have time to grow into to the position by then.
    What is really going to change in 3-5 games though? People are acting like Geno is sitting behind Manning or Favre, what exactly is he going to lean on the bench that he wouldnt learn by playing? Players learn by playing not sitting. Unless Geno really struggles in pre season, he should start from day one. Starting Garrard does nothing to help the development of Geno.