Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I decided to embrace it and get excited today

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    A "real fan" could indeed have decided that Mark Sanchez absolutely sucks and they might hope and pray that the team goes in another direction.

Out of curiosity, if you were a Jaguar fan, would you be rallying behind Blaine Gabbert right now ? IF you were a Cardinals fan last year, would you have thrown your full support behind Kolb and Skelton ?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with questioning who the QB will be or complaining about the possibility that it might be Mark Sanchez yet again.

The very reason for complaining is that a person SUPPORTS the damned team and they want it to be successful.

For those into politics at all, this is like the Primaries. You pull for the person you think best for the party (team) and you argue strongly against anyone else. In the end, when the primaries conclude, you rally around whomever it was that was chosen, regardless of whom it is.
    Demos hitting the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    You mean blonde titty girl that just turned down some goofy rich kid for a prom date?

And which slump are you talking about?
    That chick from Desperate Housewives or whatever. And I guess you could call it "Mark being Mark" and not a slump, but that's beside the point.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We know what Marks ceiling is.
    Can Mark Sanchez have an occasional good game, even in the playoffs?
    Yes, we have seen it with our own eyes.
    Here's the problem
    For the most part, Mark has played horribly in the 1st half of most games, that is fact. He constantly puts too much pressure on the defense by either going 3 & out or turning the ball over.
    In 2010, most of Marks last minute heroics were needed to overcome his bad play in the 1st 3 quarters!
    Listen, we all wish the Mark would miraculously turn into an above average QB, but so far in his career he has been one of the lowest rated QB in this entire league.
    He's Trent Dilfer with 3 times the TOs. Geno will smoke him in camp. Idzik will play no favorites & the Jets financial commitment to Sanchez has a one year time frame. Rookie QBs can play in this league now with a good Oline & a running game & a supporting defense.
    Looks like we may have those 3 ingredients again. There are no expectations this year. Let Geno dive right in, learn this offense, & let's see if he's got the goods.
    The NFL is so different now, a smart QB with athleticism can use the rules to their favor!
    You can't hit the QB low. You can't drive the QB into the ground, you can't touch him when he slides, you can't hit a defenseless receiver opening up the middle of the field, Olineman can basically hold all day long as long as they don't extend their arms or crossbar the Dlineman, I mean seriously! Nick Foles had some success playing behind the worst Oline in football without getting many reps in camp!
    Sanchez didn't have nearly the amount of experience that Smith has coming in!
    16 games to a 3 year starter. When guys like Steve Young look at Sanchez, they see a guy who has bad footwork, makes bad decisions, doesn't protect the ball & for the most part a kid not as dedicated as people think.
    Sure Young believes the Jets staff failed him, but the other points he has mentioned in the past are all on Sanchez.
    I believe the guys on the defensive side of the ball have seen enough. Mark kills team spirit with his TOs & his moping loner on the sideline act.
    He is not a leader of men!

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    let the best man win....we shall see...I am not optimistic about sanchez winning but he will get his far shot...Garrard may stay healthy and win the job...Gino may shine through camp and get the nod....a win win for the jets......sanchez has never had anything resembling a competition in camp...in 2013 he has more than competition.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    We know what Marks ceiling is.
    Can Mark Sanchez have an occasional good game, even in the playoffs?
    Yes, we have seen it with our own eyes.
    Here's the problem
    For the most part, Mark has played horribly in the 1st half of most games, that is fact. He constantly puts too much pressure on the defense by either going 3 & out or turning the ball over.
    In 2010, most of Marks last minute heroics were needed to overcome his bad play in the 1st 3 quarters!
    Listen, we all wish the Mark would miraculously turn into an above average QB, but so far in his career he has been one of the lowest rated QB in this entire league.
    He's Trent Dilfer with 3 times the TOs. Geno will smoke him in camp. Idzik will play no favorites & the Jets financial commitment to Sanchez has a one year time frame. Rookie QBs can play in this league now with a good Oline & a running game & a supporting defense.
    Looks like we may have those 3 ingredients again. There are no expectations this year. Let Geno dive right in, learn this offense, & let's see if he's got the goods.
    The NFL is so different now, a smart QB with athleticism can use the rules to their favor!
    You can't hit the QB low. You can't drive the QB into the ground, you can't touch him when he slides, you can't hit a defenseless receiver opening up the middle of the field, Olineman can basically hold all day long as long as they don't extend their arms or crossbar the Dlineman, I mean seriously! Nick Foles had some success playing behind the worst Oline in football without getting many reps in camp!
    Sanchez didn't have nearly the amount of experience that Smith has coming in!
    16 games to a 3 year starter. When guys like Steve Young look at Sanchez, they see a guy who has bad footwork, makes bad decisions, doesn't protect the ball & for the most part a kid not as dedicated as people think.
    Sure Young believes the Jets staff failed him, but the other points he has mentioned in the past are all on Sanchez.
    I believe the guys on the defensive side of the ball have seen enough. Mark kills team spirit with his TOs & his moping loner on the sideline act.
    He is not a leader of men!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    The point is that some of us have accepted what Sanchez is and aren't looking forward to it, and others like my buddy Rah Rah are still holding out some false hope that buttfumble can turn into Eli.

I certainly am not like Scott or his band of SOJFs, trust me. I'm definitely optimistic about the TEAM, but I'm nowhere near excited to watch Sanchez turn the ball over some more. Guys like Rah Rah, on the other hand, are.

I'm more in line with realistic expectations and going off of what we've seen from guys before to judge what they are. Sanchez is nothing but an accident waiting to happen. The rest of the team, while having holes to fill, has a chance to be a pretty solid team and might even have a chance at the wildcard of we get some competent QB play (from Garrard or Smith, Sanchez doesn't have it in him).

edit: "you show optimism about your team and its "drinking koolaid". The opposite is also true, however. Take guys like Rah Rah for example: If you're not totally super hyped and have the slightest bit of concern about an aspect of the franchise, you can expect an immediate "OMG YOU STUPID SOJF! BOW YOUR HEAD! I SAID BOW YOUR ****ING HEAD!". So, we should also keep that in mind as well.
    You are a clueless toolbag, don't pretend you know anything about me, because you don't. Don't waste your time with your diatribes, because they are crap.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    You are a clueless toolbag, don't pretend you know anything about me, because you don't. Don't waste your time with your diatribes, because they are crap.
    Hey now, brown cow! It almost sounds like you're a bit mad. Are you ok? Do you need to cry on my shoulder? I'm here for you. <3

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    A "real fan" could indeed have decided that Mark Sanchez absolutely sucks and they might hope and pray that the team goes in another direction.

Out of curiosity, if you were a Jaguar fan, would you be rallying behind Blaine Gabbert right now ? IF you were a Cardinals fan last year, would you have thrown your full support behind Kolb and Skelton ?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with questioning who the QB will be or complaining about the possibility that it might be Mark Sanchez yet again.

The very reason for complaining is that a person SUPPORTS the damned team and they want it to be successful.

For those into politics at all, this is like the Primaries. You pull for the person you think best for the party (team) and you argue strongly against anyone else. In the end, when the primaries conclude, you rally around whomever it was that was chosen, regardless of whom it is.
    Questioning is one thing, I have no issue with fans being skeptical or even doubting. But rooting against the player and writing him off with a clear agenda and blindly having no such concerns about Smith or any other QB is beyond ignorant and just makes that person look like an a-hole.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey now, brown cow! It almost sounds like you're a bit mad. Are you ok? Do you need to cry on my shoulder? I'm here for you. <3
    Shut it, kid. Get off your PS3 and and get a clue!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shut it, kid. Get off your PS3 and and get a clue!
    Whoa, you're borderline mega-rustled!

RAH RAH DROPS BACK

LOOKS TO SOOTH

LOOKS TO SG3

SCRAMBLES OUT OF THE POCKET

GETS SACKED BY HIS OWN RUSTLED JIMMIES!

MAH GOODNESS!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa, you're borderline mega-rustled!

RAH RAH DROPS BACK

LOOKS TO SOOTH

LOOKS TO SG3

SCRAMBLES OUT OF THE POCKET

GETS SACKED BY HIS OWN RUSTLED JIMMIES!

MAH GOODNESS!
    Your are an Internet clown legend in your own mind.

It's 7 am, you haven't even slept yet, the kids are getting tired, time to give the game controller a break...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your are an Internet clown legend in your own mind.

It's 7 am, you haven't even slept yet, the kids are getting tired, time to give the game controller a break...
    I would, but you kept declining my invite to play Madden. COME ON! JUST ONE GAME, RAHNOLD! Now's not the time for fear...fear comes later!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would, but you kept declining my invite to play Madden. COME ON! JUST ONE GAME, RAHNOLD! Now's not the time for fear...fear comes later!
    My 16 yr old might be interested. Move along son.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm on board as well.

When we drafted Geno I was upset, but my friend who lives in WV and has season tickets to the Mountaineers calmly reminded me that back in October I sad to him that Geno was the real deal - after his fantastic performance against the Texas Longhorns. THAT Geno Smith - my lord was he something else that fall evening. Then watching him against Texas Tech, Syracuse and someone else - those games just stuck with me as a huge warning sign, but the guy does have talent, I've seen it, and a heck of a lot more talent in him than Sensitive6 ever had. And as others have said in here, I've never heard a negative thing about the guy before all the over analyzing draft pundits got their reports into the media and people began running with it.

I hope Geno lights it the F up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My 16 yr old might be interested. Move along son.
    Ok, tell him to add me. My Xbox Live tag is RahRahsBFF5evar.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with jetsfreak

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL at everyone here who "know" Sanchez is done, but conveniently forget that Geno had close to 40 fumbles in his college career and his hands won't be getting any bigger in the next few months.

Moral of the story? No matter who our QB is, he'll have a history to erase. There's no reason either one "can't", it's a matter of who steps up and does it. And as long as one of them does, the Jets will be in a better place because of it . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't forget David Garrard who will be the starting QB in 2013 and a fine mentor to Smith after the Jets wisely boot Turnover#6 out the door and onto the Teblow trail after June 1

After David leads the Jets to an efficient season it will be Geno Time in 2014

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ADemas View Post
    u guys are wasted. Throwing in Geno this year is beyond stupid, even for a drunk jet fan. He has no idea how the O is even run, nevermind perfomring at a high level.

Geno-THE METAL HORSE 1930 AND 1990

The Metal Horse loves to roam. He is self-sufficient and treasures his freedom and liberation. Any type of committed situation is sure to send this Horse running for the hills, so a stable relationship is certainly not his idea of a priority. Horses change jobs and partners frequently because of their need for adventure and their desire to tap into the unknown. This vigor and untamed spirit draws people to the Horse. The Metal Horse will make a better friend than partner because a friendship doesnít tie him down the way a relationship does.

Mark-Eccentric and dramatic, Fire Tigers are aglow with passion and verve. They are outgoing, expressive and look on the bright side of things. They have the Tigerís natural ability to lead others and are able to excite others simply with their own gift of enthusiasm. They can be funny and have great senses of humor. Tigers are powerful speakers and have the ability to command and persuade crowds through speech. Their own seemingly endless supply of energy can make them appear a bit dramatic, and it may make them more sensitive to cautious or down-to-earth approaches in others.
    Errr wut

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    SG3, my dude, are you ok? I swear, every recent post I've seen from you has had something to do with getting rid of Mark, lol.

Sanchez is obviously a problem, but he's not going to be the biggest problem in the world if he's on the bench. We're pretty much tied to him right now and I doubt his jersey number becomes available before 2014.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Geno & the Jets is the future if #6 Sux it up this yr.!!!
    err Geno is the future of the Jets PERIOD! I see your wishful thinking and backhand slap at Geno, but its time to wake up! I think Garrard and Geno can shine at QB in camp! June 1 and Sanchez will be done!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    When Wayne Chrebet uttered Geno Smith's name on the podium that fateful evening, I literally turned off the TV I was so angry. I, like I think a lot of people, was going by the Pro Football Weekly scouting report in thinking this guy was bad news.

Since that time, I've seen him interviewed on TV, watched the Gruden camp video, read up on him beyond that one scouting report, watched videos of how he played and handled the press during college, and he has done nothing but impress me. He seems like a composed, mature, focused individual who really has a hunger to be a great quarterback. So what if he was tying himself up into knots when he went undrafted in the first round -- that just showed me how much he really wants it.

Now I'm looking forward to seeing what we have here as a quarterback.