Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pure Beauty

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    where is that stone building in your av? very cool.
    Thats Coopers cabin on Killington, it's an AMC hut on the LT. Good spot to go when it's too windy for your lighter/joint/etc

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    The concrete contractor who built the job is one of my clients (collavino)...he brought me up to 104. Pretty amazing walking on the steps with only a netting between you and death lol. I have some pics that I will upload later.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    WOW. Great pics man. Scary heights

Hall Of Fame
    I work in 3 world financial facing the building site and we have been here for around 2 years now. I got to watch them add floors literally yards from where I sit and had a birds eye view of how the bones of one of these buildings are constructed.

There have been two cranes on top of the building the whole way up and I think they were lowering some parts of one of them today. I am really curious about how the last crane is going to be removed from the top of the building.

Veteran
    http://mobile.slate.com/articles/lif...scrapers_.html

Pretty good summary for how they get up and what they do at the end of project.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    http://mobile.slate.com/articles/lif...scrapers_.html

Pretty good summary for how they get up and what they do at the end of project.

In addition to the two internal climbing method cranes atop the building there was also and external climber for much of the construction. Amazing stuff. Large pieces of the cranes were being lowered and trucked away today.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    In addition to the two internal climbing method cranes atop the building there was also and external climber for much of the construction. Amazing stuff. Large pieces of the cranes were being lowered and trucked away today.
    Yea my buddys uncle is running the exterior crane. Pretty amazing stuff. Funny thing is that there iss a job being built on 432 park ave where the top of concrete will be higher than top of concrete on tower 1. The hi rise construction market is starting to fly again

Hall Of Fame
    And sometimes the cranes come down on their own.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    And sometimes the cranes come down on their own.
    Yea that hasn't happened in a few years now....other that. The one that was destroyed during sandy.