Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yankees are in 1st

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yankees are in 1st

LOL... Mets suck.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Girardi and Cashman have done a masterful job thus far. I don't know of any other team that could withstand this amount of injuries and maintain a high level of competitiveness let alone contend for a division crown.

Still not June yet. I usually wait till June before I start panicking about a slow start. Looks like they are going to be in a decent position when the cavalry finally comes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Girardi and Cashman have done a masterful job thus far. I don't know of any other team that could withstand this amount of injuries and maintain a high level of competitiveness let alone contend for a division crown.

Still not June yet. I usually wait till June before I start panicking about a slow start. Looks like they are going to be in a decent position when the cavalry finally comes.
    I have not been a Girardi fan at all. I thought he sucked, and they won a WS in spite of him. This year, he has done a great job so far of keeping the team together and playing hard.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j3ts83 View Post
    LOL... Mets suck.
    You're bringing nothing to the table here. Go away.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL... Mets suck.
    When you are the Yankees there is no need to mention any other team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL... Mets suck.
    not as hard as ur mom does...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    I have not been a Girardi fan at all. I thought he sucked, and they won a WS in spite of him. This year, he has done a great job so far of keeping the team together and playing hard.
    Why? That BS about the book? His book works. Nobody manages a bullpen better.

They won that WS b.c Arod got them there and Marte pwned the Phillies lefty bats.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    not as hard as ur mom does...
    And only for the price of a PBR

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    4 Words:

Sports

Media

Knows

Nothing

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yankees have some fascinating decisions to make with players who have more than earned a permanent role on this team. Wells, Overbay, and either Nunez or Nix.

Overbay in particular will be very interesting, there simply isn't a spot to keep him over players like Nix and Nunez if Youk is healthy, and when Tex returns.

As for Nunez, I suppose he has options and would likely be sent down to play everyday once Youk and Jeter come back.

The OF too will be interesting once Granderson comes back, and we'll know soon enough. I would think Francisco would be waived once Granderson returns, but what does Girardi do with 4 players who can all start, Gardner, Ichiro, Wells, and Granderson?

It's a nice problem to have, or is it?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL... Mets suck.
    Stop trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Yankees have some fascinating decisions to make with players who have more than earned a permanent role on this team. Wells, Overbay, and either Nunez or Nix.

Overbay in particular will be very interesting, there simply isn't a spot to keep him over players like Nix and Nunez if Youk is healthy, and when Tex returns.

As for Nunez, I suppose he has options and would likely be sent down to play everyday once Youk and Jeter come back.

The OF too will be interesting once Granderson comes back, and we'll know soon enough. I would think Francisco would be waived once Granderson returns, but what does Girardi do with 4 players who can all start, Gardner, Ichiro, Wells, and Granderson?

It's a nice problem to have, or is it?
    Someone will get hurt, but it is a nice problem to have. Overbay might be the odd man out.

Francisco will be waived and guessing that Hafner and Wells would split DH vs. righties and lefties.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    Stop trolling.

Someone will get hurt, but it is a nice problem to have. Overbay might be the odd man out.

Francisco will be waived and guessing that Hafner and Wells would split DH vs. righties and lefties.
    I really don't see how Wells doesn't play a majority of the days with the way he's played. Ichiro is the guy that's going to lose the most PT.

Can't really release Francisco until Jeter or Youkilis or ARod comes back. Otherwise, who is your righty on the bench?
    Last edited by JetPotato; 05-14-2013 at 02:22 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What happened to Pettitte?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Yanks Are most impressive team in baseball this year- they've have lost so many players to injury, yet continue to win. Girardi/Cashman deserve Aton of credit

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Yanks Are most impressive team in baseball this year- they've have lost so many players to injury, yet continue to win. Girardi/Cashman deserve Aton of credit
    So does Obama. BTdubs you must have a crystal ball with these predictions you keep getting everything right.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Can't really release Francisco until Jeter or Youkilis or ARod comes back. Otherwise, who is your righty on the bench?
    Shouldn't matter the way he's hitting, probably better to throw a Lefty out there who can actually hit...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Girardi has always been a good manager. The knock on him was he would overmanage at times but that style is better suited when he doesn't have a very talented roster to work with like he does now. If a laid-back guy like Torre was managing right now the Yankees would be in last place he wouldn't have a clue.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Huge freakin win.

I've been saying all season this is a different kind of team than the past few years. No way the 2012 Yankees win games the way this one has been. Gonna be a shame if and when they return to the all-or-nothing, unclutch mess of ARod and Tex and co. At least Swisher is out for good.

This year's slogan should be "Overbay > Overpay"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Huge freakin win.

I've been saying all season this is a different kind of team than the past few years. No way the 2012 Yankees win games the way this one has been. Gonna be a shame if and when they return to the all-or-nothing, unclutch mess of ARod and Tex and co. At least Swisher is out for good.

This year's slogan should be "Overbay > Overpay"
    The production they've gotten from Hafner, Wells, Overbay etc has been absolutely amazing. The really must put something special in the water there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really like David Adams, I think this guy could have a good career ahead of him if he can stay healthy. That is his problem though, kept getting injured.