Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 111

Thread: Geno impresses with smarts and accuracy today, Rex impressed

  1. #81
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    dude don't waste your breath....these people are making Judgement based on one game....they did not even see the man play college ball....I watch as must college ball as pro football and seen many of smiths games at WVU.....you apparently have watched a few WVU games so you also have more than a clue that the kid was a stud. Now all of a sudden they are questioning the defenses he played against. this is some of the most idiotic banter I have seen lol. it's MAY. I will make my assumption come pre season.
    Exactly. I watch more college than pro football (Big penn state fan) and while I am not 100 percent sold on Geno, he was a far better College QB than Nassib. Whether that translates to the Pros, you never really know (see Tom Brady etc..) but people should also realize that the Bills new HC, Marone, had a chance to grab Nassib and opted for Manuel.

    I could understand if Marone passed on Nassib to take Andrew Luck/RG3 who are clear cut studs. Instead Marone, having coached up Nassib for years decided "Meh, i'll take some other question mark at QB." That should tell you all you need to know about Nassib

  2. #82
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stony Brook
    Posts
    2,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets fans in the off season:
    Hope is our Dope.

    The truth is that we have to trust MM to evaluate all the factors (rookies and wolves and bears, OH MY!) and make a decision. Starting or not starting Geno could be the best decision.

    Right now, I'm betting MM needs more time observing all the QBs. Too bad he can't decide as quickly as us fans..

  3. #83
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,131
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hear these idiots on the radio like Cimini on NFL radio talking about how Mark Sanchez is clearly the best QB on the roster.

    I find that very hard to believe. Sanchez was so god awful. Meanwhile, we have David Garrard who is still hungry to please and stick with a team.

    We also have the young buck who seems to be impressing at least thus far.

    As far as I'm concerned, if Geno Smith is even close to being the real deal, he'll beat out Sanchez for the starter spot on opening day. I mean honestly, how hard a feat can it be beating out Sanchez? Sanchez is by far and away the worst starting QB in the NFL, and actually if the truth is being told, worse than most teams 2nd string products.

    So although I wouldn't get caught up thinking Geno Smith is the man, if he's worth his salt, he'll beat out Sanchez. It just isn't much for competition.

  4. #84
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,158
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGeek View Post
    Jets fans in the off season:
    Hope is our Dope.

    The truth is that we have to trust MM to evaluate all the factors (rookies and wolves and bears, OH MY!) and make a decision. Starting or not starting Geno could be the best decision.

    Right now, I'm betting MM needs more time observing all the QBs. Too bad he can't decide as quickly as us fans..
    Exactly. We will know more in late August

  5. #85
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,671
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    should I make it the opinion of the moment?
    Make it whatever you want.

  6. #86
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6,494
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGeek View Post
    Jets fans in the off season:
    Hope is our Dope.

    The truth is that we have to trust MM to evaluate all the factors (rookies and wolves and bears, OH MY!) and make a decision. Starting or not starting Geno could be the best decision.

    Right now, I'm betting MM needs more time observing all the QBs. Too bad he can't decide as quickly as us fans..
    As I see it, Geno has three things going for him that might make it likely that he could start this year:

    1) Among the three contenders, Smith's skill set is best suited to the west coast offense;

    2) Rex may be inclined to go with a rookie, as there will be zero tolerance for another Sanchez losing season; simply put, 7-9 with Sanchez will get him fired and 7-9 with Smith may not; and

    3) the stink of Sanchez's awe-inspiringly horrific year is still freshly singeing virtually everybody's nostrils.

  7. #87
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stony Brook
    Posts
    2,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    As I see it, Geno has three things going for him that might make it likely that he could start this year:

    1) Among the three contenders, Smith's skill set is best suited to the west coast offense;

    2) Rex may be inclined to go with a rookie, as there will be zero tolerance for another Sanchez losing season; simply put, 7-9 with Sanchez will get him fired and 7-9 with Smith may not; and

    3) the stink of Sanchez's awe-inspiringly horrific year is still freshly singeing virtually everybody's nostrils.
    Agreed about skillset and stench in my nostrels. However does MM have a fresh perspective and "clear sinuses"?

  8. #88
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,158
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGeek View Post
    Agreed about skillset and stench in my nostrels. However does MM have a fresh perspective and "clear sinuses"?
    Geek is a sharp dude!

    I think Rex is gonna rely heavily on MM to make this call. The point about being fired is an excellent one, but I think in the end it will be MM's call

  9. #89
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    nothing better than playing and I do not consider it throwing him to the wolves...we have a nice veteran o line...good backs and a top notch defense...q's don't have to really sit anymore....bottom line is the best man will get the job....I feel a lot better about our QB situation now than I did last year at this time.
    That's the one! Geno or whoever the qb will be, is in a good environment and position to do well.

  10. #90
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Exactly. I watch more college than pro football (Big penn state fan) and while I am not 100 percent sold on Geno, he was a far better College QB than Nassib. Whether that translates to the Pros, you never really know (see Tom Brady etc..) but people should also realize that the Bills new HC, Marone, had a chance to grab Nassib and opted for Manuel.

    I could understand if Marone passed on Nassib to take Andrew Luck/RG3 who are clear cut studs. Instead Marone, having coached up Nassib for years decided "Meh, i'll take some other question mark at QB." That should tell you all you need to know about Nassib
    Wow, the new Bills HC is Syracuse's old HC!? LOL, the Bills are going to suck for the next few years.

    During the past few years, Syracuse was mediocre at best in the weak a** Big East.

    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    As I see it, Geno has three things going for him that might make it likely that he could start this year:

    1) Among the three contenders, Smith's skill set is best suited to the west coast offense;

    2) Rex may be inclined to go with a rookie, as there will be zero tolerance for another Sanchez losing season; simply put, 7-9 with Sanchez will get him fired and 7-9 with Smith may not; and

    3) the stink of Sanchez's awe-inspiringly horrific year is still freshly singeing virtually everybody's nostrils.
    This season Sanchez will be the most expensive 3rd string QB ever. If it wasn't for his terrible contract he'd be long gone.

    My prediction: Garrard will start the season, Geno as backup. Sanchez as 3rd string.
    Last edited by houyx; 05-12-2013 at 11:30 PM.

  11. #91
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Btw, EJ Manuel went 13 for 26 with 2 INT's in practice.

    http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...a-da1d11e5e3d9

  12. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow

    Marrone, Donnie Henderson. ..the Bills are reassembling the champion Herm Kotite coaching staff.

    Look for Dick Curl.and his sun dial to show up soon as "clock management and when to call a timeout" coordinator in Buffoonalo any day now

  13. #93
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just heard Mike Sielski of the WSJ on NFLN share a telling tid bit. I'm paraphrasing, but it went something like this.

    "You know how we NY media are; we look for anything we can...about the Jets. With Geno and the media, it's at a feeling out stage right now. He just wouldn't give us anything."

  14. #94
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Fl
    Posts
    3,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post
    Why so he gets overwhelmed and absolutely crushed by the media so we can win 8 games next year? What the hell is all the urgency, next year is a rebuilding year, let him perfect the offense for a year on the bench, or at least half a year.
    Overwhelmed......The kid is a NFL QB, thats what he gets paid for and I am sure thats what he wanted to be all his life ..... now because he is in NY you think he is gonna be overwhelmed???..

  15. #95
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Just heard Mike Sielski of the WSJ on NFLN share a telling tid bit. I'm paraphrasing, but it went something like this.

    "You know how we NY media are; we look for anything we can...about the Jets. With Geno and the media, it's at a feeling out stage right now. He just wouldn't give us anything."
    I love that. The entire organization needs to take that stance.

    I would rather not know what GS3 thinks about anonymous media statements.

    I would like to know his thoughts on his play and beginning the process of an NFL offense.
    Last edited by fidelioion; 05-13-2013 at 09:26 AM.

  16. #96
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I love that. The entire organization needs to follow take that stance.

    I would rather not know what GS3 thinks about anonymous media statements.

    I would like to know his thoughts on his play and beginning the process of an NFL offense.
    Agreed. Sports media is basically just TMZ now, so no chance they ask game related questions.

  17. #97
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,466
    Post Thanks / Like
    superbowl here we come!!!!




    oh wait it was just a rookie mini camp. with a bunch of guys that will never play a down in the league. and no pass rush. great. he'll be a hall of famer for sure. mark sanchez would destroy him in practice. and i dont want to see mark on the field. EVER

  18. #98
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    superbowl here we come!!!!




    oh wait it was just a rookie mini camp. with a bunch of guys that will never play a down in the league. and no pass rush. great. he'll be a hall of famer for sure. mark sanchez would destroy him in practice. and i dont want to see mark on the field. EVER
    And you're saying this why?

    Because of the way he played at

    "a rookie mini camp. with a bunch of guys that will never play a down in the league."

  19. #99
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    DaTegoneHawk is just mad that his false hero is gone.

  20. #100
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    superbowl here we come!!!!




    oh wait it was just a rookie mini camp. with a bunch of guys that will never play a down in the league. and no pass rush. great. he'll be a hall of famer for sure. mark sanchez would destroy him in practice. and i dont want to see mark on the field. EVER
    Oh wait you're just a tebow fan. LOL

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us