Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Geno Smith Throwing/Interview Video

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Geno comes across great in that vid. Smart, well-spoken, handles all the baited questions very well.

The reporters generally came across as bottom-feeding jerks. And Cimini, lurking in the background looking totally disinterested, comes across as the king of the jerks.

He was disinterested because he discovered that Geno isn't Rex Ryan when he talks.

If Geno is going to be a boring interview-type, then that's all the more better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    He was disinterested because he discovered that Geno isn't Rex Ryan when he talks.

If Geno is going to be a boring interview-type, then that's all the more better.
    Disinterested usually means unbiased. He is definitely not disinterested. Uninterested, more like it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SRQman87 View Post
    Unfortunately, the jets wouldn't get these questions of they weren't a team of clowns. I mean c'mon, this team had mark Sanchez and tim Tebow on the same squad at the same position!
    So what? They're both QB's.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude looks skinny ! But his release looked ok.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    Although I know he wont due to RGIII already having it, i wish he would put Smith III on the back.

For some reason it grinds my gears when a player has a letter in front of their last name.
    I was surprised they let Griffin put RGIII on his jersey, but if they let him do it they would have to let anyone do it. I mean I don't see Winslow Jr. on a jersey. I guess with all the stupid uniform codes there really is no standard for names. The number is all that matters. Well as long as you don't go too far. Think "HE Hate Me"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    So what? They're both QB's.
    Yeah, but they were on the same squad...wait, no it still makes no sense. I'm pretty sure the circus was media driven. Fault Tanny for allowing it, and Rex for naively buying into it. Tanny was just happy to be invited to the cool kids party, and Rex is the guy that can't resist a double dare. They're not laughing with you Rex. I'm sure Idzik reminds him daily. I really think Rex is comfortable having the structure. I think he wants to stay focused on his goals, but finds it difficult to be the bad guy. Kind of like me with my kids, when Mom isn't around. It's early yet, but it sure seems like all of these personalities, from Idzik, to Rex, Marty, and even Geno seem to be very well balanced. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I was surprised they let Griffin put RGIII on his jersey, but if they let him do it they would have to let anyone do it. I mean I don't see Winslow Jr. on a jersey. I guess with all the stupid uniform codes there really is no standard for names. The number is all that matters. Well as long as you don't go too far. Think "HE Hate Me"
    He doesn't have RGIII on his jersey, he has Griffin III, nothing odd there, a different story.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    It was Kim Jones and shes absolutely awful. How she got a job with NFL network after working for the yankees on YES I have no idea.

At least Geno handles it well so far obviously this isnt much compared to what he possibly will face, but he seems to handle himself well.
    Kim Jones SUCKS.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    He doesn't have RGIII on his jersey, he has Griffin III, nothing odd there, a different story.
    Well as I said their are many 3rds out there and even more Jr.s. You don't see any of them on their jerseys.