Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith Throwing/Interview Video

Geno Smith Throwing/Interview Video

Some good stuff here of Geno throwing the ball and his interview with the media after what I believe was day 1 of rookie camp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY0fqljAe9Y

Listening to the tripe being asked by the pathetic New York sports media chuckleheads just reminds me that New York is, hands down, the worst sports media town in America.

How you locals live with this trash daily is beyone me.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Listening to the tripe being asked by the pathetic New York sports media chuckleheads just reminds me that New York is, hands down, the worst sports media town in America.

How you locals live with this trash daily is beyone me.
    It's awful. I was fuming while watching that video that it took 2:45 for them to ask anything football related.

Some woman who sounded like Kim "I know nothing about sports" Jones asked him like three separate versions of the same question about anonymous sources, trying to rub it in or get some type of response or who knows what.

Honestly if you know nothing about the NFL, the Jets, or football, and you only knew there was a group entity called the "New York Jets", it would be very difficult from the NY media coverage to figure out exactly their profession. The media coverage doesn't reflect that of a football team; there's almost never anything written about strategy, coaching, specific skillsets, etc. It's always gossip, rumors, "how did that feel", pure unadulterated oxen crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    It's awful. I was fuming while watching that video that it took 2:45 for them to ask anything football related.

Some woman who sounded like Kim "I know nothing about sports" Jones asked him like three separate versions of the same question about anonymous sources, trying to rub it in or get some type of response or who knows what.

Honestly if you know nothing about the NFL, the Jets, or football, and you only knew there was a group entity called the "New York Jets", it would be very difficult from the NY media coverage to figure out exactly their profession. The media coverage doesn't reflect that of a football team; there's almost never anything written about strategy, coaching, specific skillsets, etc. It's always gossip, rumors, "how did that feel", pure unadulterated oxen crap.

It was Kim Jones and shes absolutely awful. How she got a job with NFL network after working for the yankees on YES I have no idea.

At least Geno handles it well so far obviously this isnt much compared to what he possibly will face, but he seems to handle himself well.

Rookie
    Man i hate the media!Bunch of know nothing a$$hole idiots!

The questions in the interview were actually beneficial. Geno's answers were spot on and he came across as sincere and well grounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    The questions in the interview were actually beneficial. Geno's answers were spot on and he came across as sincere and well grounded.
    They were beneficial in the way that we get to see Geno come off as sincere which is refreshing to see.

However the questions themselves were idiotic.

Undrafted Free Agent
    In his 4 years at WVU I don't recall a single interview. He seems to be learning. However we wasn't drafted for oratory....he can THROW

Hall Of Fame
    Look we all know there are plenty of trolls that cover the NYJ but I took no issue with the questions in the beginning of the interview. They were all relevant and fair. Kim Jones is one of the classiest and professional reporters out there. The one guy who asked about resentment was trying a little too hard.

I liked how Geno handled himself. Handling the media is part of the job in NY. He needs to have thick skin.

Veteran
    Eff the media and their bs questions. I love how the ball comes out of this kids hand.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

If you don't like what she's about, and I don't......then get on her twitter page or other social media and let her know she is pathetic in her job..

Paraphrasing.

Geno -"I really don't listen to the media or plan on listening to the media."

Reporter -" So what has bothered you the most about what was said in the papers about you?"

Geno - "I'm just going to focus on football, the Jets and what I can do best."

Reporter "What was your feelings about the article in the NY Post saying that...?"

Geno - "*****! You listening to me?"

Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    Paraphrasing.

Geno -"I really don't listen to the media or plan on listening to the media."

Reporter -" So what has bothered you the most about what was said in the papers about you?"

Geno - "I'm just going to focus on football, the Jets and what I can do best."

Reporter "What was your feelings about the article in the NY Post saying that...?"

Geno - "*****! You listening to me?"
    Spot on, lol.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Look we all know there are plenty of trolls that cover the NYJ but I took no issue with the questions in the beginning of the interview. They were all relevant and fair. Kim Jones is one of the classiest and professional reporters out there. The one guy who asked about resentment was trying a little too hard.

I liked how Geno handled himself. Handling the media is part of the job in NY. He needs to have thick skin.
    She said "these reports may have come from someone that you know. Maybe someone very close to you, or maybe someone you don't know at all. How does it feel that someone that may be very close to you has these terrible things to say about you?" Yes that's very professional, and classy. It was almost absurd enough that it makes it easier to not take them seriously. I like the way he handles things too though. It proves that all that talk was complete BS. I like the way the ball jumps out of his hand too.

The kid has an aura about him. I like what I see and think we struck gold !!

Also, I'm glad to here him use ask and not the ebonic ax..

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    The kid has an aura about him. I like what I see and think we struck gold !!

Also, I'm glad to here him use ask and not the ebonic ax..
    Not even trying to go racial, but "ax" is one of the most annoying things in the world. I mean, is it too much to ASK that somebody learn proper English? I mean, come the hell on.

I love guys like RG3 and EJ Manuel. Why? Because I can actually understand what the hell they're saying. In the words of Rob Parker, "THAT'S SOME STRAIGHT CORNBALL BROTHER ****!".

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Not even trying to go racial, but "ax" is one of the most annoying things in the world. I mean, is it too much to ASK that somebody learn proper English? I mean, come the hell on.

I love guys like RG3 and EJ Manuel. Why? Because I can actually understand what the hell they're saying. In the words of Rob Parker, "THAT'S SOME STRAIGHT CORNBALL BROTHER ****!".
    I hate ax too, but I think they do it on purpose to be "cool".

That's why I was happy with Geno's "ask". Forget about being cool, just play football..

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    I hate ax too, but I think they do it on purpose to be "cool".

That's why I was happy with Geno's "ask". Forget about being cool, just play football..
    I think it's more of a learned trait. Grinds my gears.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

You know Geno's father, and grand father are both named Eugene. That would make him Geno the third, or GS3. I know it doesn't fit here, but I wasn't going to start a new thread for this information.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You know Geno's father, and grand father are both named Eugene. That would make him Geno the third, or GS3. I know it doesn't fit here, but I wasn't going to start a new thread for this information.
    Geno Smith III, eh? Or, in Military speak, Smith Geno III.

You know what this means, right?