Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: Comeback Achieved, Sanford Takes Spotlight

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Sanford has never lost because he disappeared during his Presidential run. He got caught cheating on the taxpayers dime, yea he's awesome!!!!!


    Sanford was running for president? Really? When was that? I missed the whole thing and I am aware of politics here.

    By the way, last time I checked, Jin Clyburn, a black person was elected 11 times to the House of Reps in SC. He got his daughter installed as a member of the FCC.
    Until recently Ernest Hollings was a long time Dem senator.
    Joe Riley, a Dem, has been mayor of Charleston for 38 years and counting.

    NY last had a Rep senator? NJ? Cal?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    From what I've heard he introduced his son to his soon to be step-mom on stage at a public political event.

    Classy move


    Uninformed as usual. It was, as I stated, the VICTORY party after the primary. They were there. They chose to come. They did not have to.
    It's called polite to introduce people. We tend to be polite here. Even transplants. Something perhaps more metro NYers could (should) learn.

    Ignoring someone is not classy on the other hand.

  3. #23
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Uninformed as usual. It was, as I stated, the VICTORY party after the primary. They were there. They chose to come. They did not have to.
    It's called polite to introduce people. We tend to be polite here. Even transplants. Something perhaps more metro NYers could (should) learn.

    Ignoring someone is not classy on the other hand.
    It's polite to introduce your sopne to your Mistress?

    palmetto....where can I get your etiquette book?

    surprised you are OK with this behavior frankly based on your past posts.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    It's polite to introduce your sopne to your Mistress?

    palmetto....where can I get your etiquette book?

    surprised you are OK with this behavior frankly based on your past posts.


    Charleston has been voted the most polite city in the US for many years running. Though from the NE, I have adopted a more genteel demeanor.
    Maria Belen Chapur has been Sanford's fiancé for quite awhile actually.

    People get divorced. They usually introduce members of the family to new members.

    I do not endorse marital infidelity, which I stated. I understand WHY he went another direction in his marriage. His ex wife was/is an amazingly nasty person as has been well documented in the local media over the years.

    Despite very negative Dem ads during this election, Sanford ran a super clean campaign highlighting his performance. The only ad against Colbert Busch was of her speaking in person saying she would aggressively support unions - a major no no in SC, especially with Obama's efforts to shut down Boeing here. 6000 direct jobs already at the plant. Another 5000 within two years and at least 10000 in outside local support.

  5. #25
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Posts
    4,784
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post


    Maria Belen Chapur has been Sanford's fiancé for quite awhile actually.
    That is the point.

    He waited and waited and waited to introduce HIS CHILDREN to HIS FIANCE then he did it at a public event.

    Politics is ugly

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    That is the point.

    He waited and waited and waited to introduce HIS CHILDREN to HIS FIANCE then he did it at a public event.

    Politics is ugly


    She still lives in Argentina. She came to the U.S. for the primary and special election. And his swearing in at the Capitol. Two of his sons CHOSE to sit with her at the swearing in BTW.
    People seem to like her a lot more than his ex wife who puts on "physical" displays in public with men. Documented and photographed.

  7. #27
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    She still lives in Argentina. She came to the U.S. for the primary and special election. And his swearing in at the Capitol. Two of his sons CHOSE to sit with her at the swearing in BTW.
    People seem to like her a lot more than his ex wife who puts on "physical" displays in public with men. Documented and photographed.
    Well if people seem to like her better...by all means, lie to your staff and constituents.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Well if people seem to like her better...by all means, lie to your staff and constituents.

    Obviously nobody had met her 4 years ago when he was governor and seeing her in Argentina.
    A long time has passed.
    His ex wife since then (actually before as well) has shown to be a most unlikable person. Even recent interviews on tv have been revealing as to her being rude. She, of course, does not come from SC. A typical Illinois style politics rude person. BTW, she is related to the Skakells (of Kennedy Fame). The ones noted for killing young girls and raping other ones.

  9. #29
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Obviously nobody had met her 4 years ago when he was governor and seeing her in Argentina.
    A long time has passed.
    His ex wife since then (actually before as well) has shown to be a most unlikable person. Even recent interviews on tv have been revealing as to her being rude. She, of course, does not come from SC. A typical Illinois style politics rude person. BTW, she is related to the Skakells (of Kennedy Fame). The ones noted for killing young girls and raping other ones.
    She is rude and related to the Kennedys? And NOT from SC? Why didn't you say so!

    This new info makes Sanford's sex romps in South America, while telling his wife, constituents and staff he was hiking in the Appalachians, COMPLETELY appropriate.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    She is rude and related to the Kennedys? And NOT from SC? Why didn't you say so!

    This new info makes Sanford's sex romps in South America, while telling his wife, constituents and staff he was hiking in the Appalachians, COMPLETELY appropriate.

    Actually his ex wife KNEW all about the situation with the lady in Argentina long before it was made public. He asked for her counsel on how to deal with the situation. In other words, "I like her and not you".

    Rude, from Illinois and a Kennedy link is pretty damning here. LOL.

    Actually we have a Yankees minor league affiliate here and twice yearly they sponsor a "Go back to Ohio" night with a one way ticket for a person who originally came from there. Not to crazy about Michigan either.

  11. #31
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post

    Actually we have a Yankees minor league affiliate here and twice yearly they sponsor a "Go back to Ohio" night with a one way ticket for a person who originally came from there. Not to crazy about Michigan either.
    Thats does't seem very polite.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Thats does't seem very polite.


    It's called humor. Regrettably, a trait I find much more here than in the NY Metro area.
    This is a very libertarian free expression area.

  13. #33
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Posts
    4,784
    You need to post some of these "She's rude" articles.

  14. #34
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    You need to post some of these "She's rude" articles.
    Its coming out now that Elizabeth Edwards was a real *****...so he gets a pass too.

  15. #35

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Actually his ex wife KNEW all about the situation with the lady in Argentina long before it was made public. He asked for her counsel on how to deal with the situation. In other words, "I like her and not you".

    Rude, from Illinois and a Kennedy link is pretty damning here. LOL.

    Actually we have a Yankees minor league affiliate here and twice yearly they sponsor a "Go back to Ohio" night with a one way ticket for a person who originally came from there. Not to crazy about Michigan either.
    I'm sure if Barack Obama did this exact same thing, you'd be totally fine with it, right?

    The hypocrisy on display here is stunning, though considering the source I'm not surprised.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    I'm sure if Barack Obama did this exact same thing, you'd be totally fine with it, right?

    The hypocrisy on display here is stunning, though considering the source I'm not surprised.
    While i can't speak for Palmetto, please rest assured that many of us would love it if President Obama would spend more time sleeping around, and less time implementing his agenda.

  17. #37

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    While i can't speak for Palmetto, please rest assured that many of us would love it if President Obama would spend more time sleeping around, and less time implementing his agenda.
    His agenda seems to be working so far. Deficit shrinking, Bin Laden dead, healthcare for almost everyone. Seems fine to me.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Deficit shrinking.
    The Deficit has not shrunk one penny under Obama. It has grown by an enormous amount. Same as it did under Bush

    As far as the other things. I applaud getting Bin Laden. I wish the body hadn't been disposed of so quickly, but all in all, good for Obama. I think the healthcare law is horrendous.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    You need to post some of these "She's rude" articles.

    Pick up a copy of HER book. I'm sure there's one in your library.
    Her attitude is legendary. Her TV interviews are bad. Makes Hillary look like Laura Bush.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    I'm sure if Barack Obama did this exact same thing, you'd be totally fine with it, right?

    The hypocrisy on display here is stunning, though considering the source I'm not surprised.
    Barack and Michelle were ready to get a divorce.
    I give him a pass on his well documented ILLEGAL drug usage and abuse. Was there any distribution in there? Possibly.
    I am on him based on his policies.
    BTW, the Obamas seem to spend a lot of time apart? Sort of like the Clintons. Convenience?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us