Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cimini: Day 2: Three things we learned

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    I actually think Damon Harrison has potential to develop into something more. Really flashed at times last year.
    Dude is enormous! I wouldnt call anything he does a flash! =)

100% Agree he should see the field more this year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why reportedly Cooper was a strong consideration at 9, if there, and not Warmack...[/QUOTE]

I heard before and after the draft that Warmack did not fit the blocking schemes that the Jets want to run. Cooper fit perfectly. That's why he wasn't drafted. Don't know why a zillion people choose to ignore this fact. It was posted quite a bit and some people are still mad we didn't choose him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually think Damon Harrison has potential to develop into something more. Really flashed at times last year.
    Harrison was a piledriver at times last year. There were some moments where his power really showed.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    I think DDNY meant impact player. Other than Cumberland, don't think any of those guys fit the description.....nice players, but definitely JAG's at best.
    Getting solid contributors out of UDFAs IS striking gold. Not sure what DKNY expects. A system based "star" like foster? A once in a decade UDFA rusher like suggs? Saying we are "due" is really silly and very madden style myopic. We've had better UDFA success than most teams.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    Why reportedly Cooper was a strong consideration at 9, if there, and not Warmack...

I heard before and after the draft that Warmack did not fit the blocking schemes that the Jets want to run. Cooper fit perfectly. That's why he wasn't drafted. Don't know why a zillion people choose to ignore this fact. It was posted quite a bit and some people are still mad we didn't choose him.
    That's why I bolded it and then said that's why not Warmack.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanna pat myself on the back

Harrison has developed into something more, that something being the best run stopper in the NFL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanna pat myself on the back

Harrison has developed into something more, that something being the best run stopper in the NFL
    easy there buddy...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    easy there buddy...
    Have you seen our run D?

Also

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    dude ngata is like 10 times the player he is, dont be ridiculous now. he's not the best at anything, the same way ducasse is not the best o-lineman just because he's up there somewhere according to PFF ratings. harrison is splitting snaps with ellis, so far in 3 games he has been really good against the run. if he does that for 1-2 seasons he'll be mentioned with the likes of ngata, wilfork and company. not after 3 games when he's not even an established starter. ellis when healthy is easily better than him, especially against the pass. but thats just me

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't say he was better than Ngata, I just said he was the best at stopping the run currently, which anybody with eyes can see and stats also back it up. I'm not a guy who goes off name or what you have done in the past, i'm what have you done for me lately and Harrison has been incredible through these first 3 games.

Also he is not really splitting snaps with Ellis

Harrison snap count - 102

Ellis snap count - 26

and i'm an Ellis fan as well

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He has been great for sure. Also Ellis is not fully healthy yet. When healthy he is the better NT of the two. He's getting back slowly. He missed the entire preseason except for one game I think.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty easy to see why Pouha was easy to let walk.