Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheldon Richardson and Quinton Coples at olb ? any thoughts

Does this look like a OLB to you?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    holy f****n crap learn some English would you?

lose
    plds?

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    on paper it doesn't sound that crazy... richardson is huge but he's probably faster than calvin pace. that said you don't want to get too cute with the defensive alignment and richardson is clearly better off developing at the 3 & 5 tech
    IF you really think that defense alignment could work than you don't know anything about football. I have to believe you're joking with that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    IF you really think that defense alignment could work than you don't know anything about football. I have to believe you're joking with that comment.
    okay mr. explosive offense... I know you read at a 5th grade level but if you go back and actually read my comment please try and focus on the part where I said that defensive alignment makes no sense. I was just commenting on the OP's point that it's an interesting out of the box idea since on paper richardson may have the superior physical tools to old and slow OLB's like calvin pace and BT. we all know sheldon richardson should not be a 3-4 OLB

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Again you would be pretty good stopping the run but why would anyone even try when they can just throw all day on that defense. I asked this say question a million times already what Lb do you have that is going to be effective in coverage.
    Offenses by throwing all over that defense would force the Jets to change the personnel real quick. So I don't believe it practical to even talk about that defensive lineup as it wouldn't be that effective.
    we had the number 2 defense last year without revis ...more pressure on the qb .. with milliner cro wilson maybe even signing woodson for a one year we be up there sick run defense and enough pressure to make plays in the secondary daivis is quick and harris plays ok in coverage...we ok on the pass defense

okay mr. explosive offense... I know you read at a 5th grade level but if you go back and actually read my comment please try and focus on the part where I said that defensive alignment makes no sense. I was just commenting on the OP's point that it's an interesting out of the box idea since on paper richardson may have the superior physical tools to old and slow OLB's like calvin pace and BT. we all know sheldon richardson should not be a 3-4 OLB
    on paper it doesn't sound that crazy... richardson is huge but he's probably faster than calvin pace. that said you don't want to get too cute with the defensive alignment and richardson is clearly better off developing at the 3 & 5 tech
    Now who take on what you said was more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Does this look like a OLB to you?

isnt quinton 6-6 295 or something ...this guy is at least the same and atletic and fast for a big guy he could line up outside inside and dl.. on d schems rex will play ......loose 10 15 pounds he be on it... will have like when the saints have sam mills, rickey jackson , pat swilling, or the steelers.. big lb the could hit intimedate and cause turnovers...

Quote Originally Posted by alsjets78 View Post
    isnt quinton 6-6 295 or something ...this guy is at least the same and atletic and fast for a big guy he could line up outside inside and dl.. on d schems rex will play ......loose 10 15 pounds he be on it... will have like when the saints have sam mills, rickey jackson , pat swilling, or the steelers.. big lb the could hit intimedate and cause turnovers...
    they should bring kerry rhodes at safety back again too

we had the number 2 defense last year without revis ...more pressure on the qb .. with milliner cro wilson maybe even signing woodson for a one year we be up there sick run defense and enough pressure to make plays in the secondary daivis is quick and harris plays ok in coverage...we ok on the pass defense
    With Coples playing Olb and the LB you have on the roster you aren't going to be fine in coverage.

You had the number two pass defense . Now was that because Jets defense couldn't stop the run. 26th team against the run. Why would a team throw it when they could just run the football down your throat.

The Jets again with Coples playing Olb will be much better team against the run, but teams will throw all over that Jets defense.

Coples is 6'6 280-285... And key is that hes 6'6... Richardson is 6'2 and 295.

Coples ran a 4.7 while Richardson runs a 5.04 40-time

Just look at the different builds, Coples is longer and slender than Richardson.

Just look at the different builds, Coples is longer and slender than Richardson.
    so 6-2 and if he looses 15 that would be 280 or 278 ... i think that is good enough look at this 2 olb getting to the qb with power and atletism and size the secondary is going to be ok harris and davis could cover....milliner and cro could cover wilson at nickel if you bring in a safety to with landry we could cause intimidation and turnovers..hard hitters look at the steelers with harrison and woodley now jones.. they know how to pick their linebackers..harrison is not there no more but i take a slim down richarson on the olb anytime over pace whos old and bryan thomas that is average.. im pretty sure if he slims down to 280 or 275 with rex to encourage him he would be explosive olb ... and hes 40 wouldnt be 5.04 no more but under 5.0 for sure ...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Jason Taylor was 6'6 and played both DE and LB of course he was a lot lighter then Q..

ok, you convinced me. Go switch him to OLB on your madden franchise.

Hall Of Fame
    Richardson is an even bigger stretch at OLB than Coples is. They lined him up all over the place at Mizz and we might see him come off the edge a couple of times but I think he will be inside and have his hand in the ground 99% of the time.

I know we are desperate for OLB but lets not try to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Jets Fans know how to run Defenses! I remember when some Jets fans were convinced that Brett Ratliff was ABSOLUTELY a #1 QB, and David Clowney was Absolutely a #1 WR!

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    >loose
    I think this guy has a few screws loose.

Barnes and Coples are the OLBs. Moving Richardson to OLB is trying to look clever just for the sake of it with little practical benefits as the OP's suggesting that this be a substantive move rather than a part time thing. Rex and co know what they're doing.

Keeping him at DL makes the best use of his strengths (explosiveness, burst and agility) where he's kept close to the action. It's the best use of his skillset. He's versatile enough to be used in various roles but he's best at DL.

Also alsjets78, don't be lazy to use spellcheckers and also proper English please.

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    I think this guy has a few screws loose.

Barnes and Coples are the OLBs. Moving Richardson to OLB is trying to look clever just for the sake of it with little practical benefits as the OP's suggesting that this be a substantive move rather than a part time thing. Rex and co know what they're doing.

Keeping him at DL makes the best use of his strengths (explosiveness, burst and agility) where he's kept close to the action. It's the best use of his skillset. He's versatile enough to be used in various roles but he's best at DL.

Also alsjets78, don't be lazy to use spellcheckers and also proper English please.
    very cool didnt know they had that good looking out

Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Jets Fans know how to run Defenses! I remember when some Jets fans were convinced that Brett Ratliff was ABSOLUTELY a #1 QB, and David Clowney was Absolutely a #1 WR!
    There are a lot of fans that are pretty clueless about the sport. A lot still don't realize that it doesn't matter if we are called a 3-4 or 4-3, that we run multiple fronts and the actual percentage that we have been in a 3-4 the past few years was actually very small.

THOUGHTS?? you didn't spell either of their names correctly. And you want THEM to perform with a little song and dance to entertain YOU every Sunday afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    THOUGHTS?? you didn't spell either of their names correctly. And you want THEM to perform with a little song and dance to entertain YOU every Sunday afternoon?
    sorry on the spelling im a little tipsy today.. yeah thoughts?