Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sheldon Richardson and Quinton Coples at olb ? any thoughts

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    With Coples playing Olb and the LB you have on the roster you aren't going to be fine in coverage.

You had the number two pass defense . Now was that because Jets defense couldn't stop the run. 26th team against the run. Why would a team throw it when they could just run the football down your throat.

The Jets again with Coples playing Olb will be much better team against the run, but teams will throw all over that Jets defense.
    Excellent analysis

So let me get this straight.

2012 defense had 3 of the slowest LBs in the game, 2 of whom are not currently in football.

There best pass rushers were 2nd and 1st year players.

Their overall defense, which schematically plays 5 DBs more then any other defense in the league, had Eric Smith forced to play the "slot corner" role. Not only is he also not currently on an NFL roster, but he was one of the slowest DBs in the entire league.

Now the 2013 defense will add a more seasoned coples and wilkerson along with a rookie whose best skill is shooting gaps (pass rush).

They added a speed rushing OLB in Barnes who has one of the best "per snap sack rates" in the league.

Their new ILB is markedly faster then the player he replaced and better at both blitzing and coverage.

Lastly, replacing the atrocious eric smith, will be a first round CB who ran 4.4, is a sound tackler, and has proven he can do well covering bigger TEs (see national championship game vs eifert.)

Does that sound like a team who improved off their 2012 when they were a top 10 pass defense (I wont use the #2 ranking as yes, a lot of that had to do with their poor run defense)?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Richardson shouldn't be playing OLB on a regular basis. Maybe for a down or two here and there to give the offense a different look.

I would like to see how he plays as LDE in a 4 man front.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Just wondering do you also question BB's defensive moves??
    No. He's obsessed with trolling the jets and throwing water on any parade.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Excellent analysis

So let me get this straight.

2012 defense had 3 of the slowest LBs in the game, 2 of whom are not currently in football.

There best pass rushers were 2nd and 1st year players.

Their overall defense, which schematically plays 5 DBs more then any other defense in the league, had Eric Smith forced to play the "slot corner" role. Not only is he also not currently on an NFL roster, but he was one of the slowest DBs in the entire league.

Now the 2013 defense will add a more seasoned coples and wilkerson along with a rookie whose best skill is shooting gaps (pass rush).

They added a speed rushing OLB in Barnes who has one of the best "per snap sack rates" in the league.

Their new ILB is markedly faster then the player he replaced and better at both blitzing and coverage.

Lastly, replacing the atrocious eric smith, will be a first round CB who ran 4.4, is a sound tackler, and has proven he can do well covering bigger TEs (see national championship game vs eifert.)

Does that sound like a team who improved off their 2012 when they were a top 10 pass defense (I wont use the #2 ranking as yes, a lot of that had to do with their poor run defense)?
    Want to put your money where your mouth is. Jets pass defense will struggle all year despite that bogus number 2 pass defense last year. You don't have a single lB that is good in coverage. Not Demarco davis .( big deal coverage doesn't have any thing to do with how fast you can run in a straight line. How many passes did he defend in 2012. Barnes and Coples aren't covering anyone. Harris isn't the fastest Lb around.( back get match up on harris that is big mismatch in there favor.

The Jets will be very good against the run in that defense alignment but who is going to be dumb to try when they can throw all over that defense. Hey I'm wrong on this one and I will admit it.

JMO I think at some point Jets will be a 4-3 defense as Coples at outside LB isn't going to be very effective.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 05-12-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Want to put your money where your mouth is. Jets pass defense will struggle all year despite that bogus number 2 pass defense last year.

Another pompous macho bet from the Raider troll who makes an ass out of himself every year, over homering his team, guaranteeing and predicting greatness only to eat crow and disappear for the 2nd half of the season, and the first month of the off-season, returning, pretending to forget about the complete joke he was last year, to start the cycle all over again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Want to put your money where your mouth is. Jets pass defense will struggle all year despite that bogus number 2 pass defense last year. You don't have a single lB that is good in coverage. Not Demarco davis .( big deal coverage doesn't have any thing to do with how fast you can run in a straight line. How many passes did he defend in 2012. Barnes and Coples aren't covering anyone. Harris isn't the fastest Lb around.( back get match up on harris that is big mismatch in there favor.

The Jets will be very good against the run in that defense alignment but who is going to be dumb to try when they can throw all over that defense. Hey I'm wrong I this one and I will admit it.

JMO I think at some point Jets will be a 4-3 defense
    Do I want to bet an anonymous stranger on a message board, um no jackass.

Again with your "whose gonna cover macfadden or the numnut FB on the raiders" you mentioned in a previous thread.

What backs or receivers does JPP or Terrell Suggs cover? We run a variation of the 3-4, with all your posts on a rival teams board, at least do your homework. Coples wont cover anyone, probably will drop 5% of the time simply to mix things up.

Guess the upgrade from eric smith to millner doesn't matter as you conveniently left that out of your intelligent post. I guess getting a better pass rush doesnt help your pass defense either.

Way to contribute intelligently to the board.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    With Coples playing Olb and the LB you have on the roster you aren't going to be fine in coverage.

You had the number two pass defense . Now was that because Jets defense couldn't stop the run. 26th team against the run. Why would a team throw it when they could just run the football down your throat.

The Jets again with Coples playing Olb will be much better team against the run, but teams will throw all over that Jets defense.
    How the hell do you know this? You need to talk about football, not dreams that you have. NO one has seen him play OLB, no one can say what he will be one way or another at this point.

You know, other than to troll a Jet board and tell people that you know more than those who are making personnel decisions.

Why not stick to making predictions and promises about your team. Like you do, wrongly, every year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Another pompous macho bet from the Raider troll who makes an ass out of himself every year, over homering his team, guaranteeing and predicting greatness only to eat crow and disappear for the 2nd half of the season, and the first month of the off-season, returning, pretending to forget about the complete joke he was last year, to start the cycle all over again.
    Happens the same exact way every single year. Hilarious.

I hope nobody bets him the JI membership because he WILL lose. Dude is a mush. I actually look forward to him making an ass out of himself on a regular basis.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 05-12-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Do I want to bet an anonymous stranger on a message board, um no jackass.

Again with your "whose gonna cover macfadden or the numnut FB on the raiders" you mentioned in a previous thread.

What backs or receivers does JPP or Terrell Suggs cover? We run a variation of the 3-4, with all your posts on a rival teams board, at least do your homework. Coples wont cover anyone, probably will drop 5% of the time simply to mix things up.

Guess the upgrade from eric smith to millner doesn't matter as you conveniently left that out of your intelligent post. I guess getting a better pass rush doesnt help your pass defense either.

Way to contribute intelligently to the board.
    Are you kidding me. YOU DON"T HAVE A SINGLE LB THAT CAN COVER. It's not rocket science. Again you can't tell me Demarco davis is that lB when he doesn't have one pass defense in 2012 and despite his speed coming out of college there were legitimate question about how he would handle coverage. ( there is more to coverage than straight line speed- hey TE or RB your only allow to run as fast as you can in straight line because that all that davis can handle. So keep talking about Coples or barnes OR Demarco davis or David Harris that they are all going to be rushing the Qb.(heck send 11 guys after the QB as you don't need anyone in coverage.

So now your telling me Milliner going to be playing safety( a rookie CB right) Whose going to be the nickel CB. ( maybe Coples will play there too).
    Whose giving Kyle wilson Help. Or the Cb that playing Nickel when Milliner playing FS. A Cromartie had the best year of his career and your delusional if you think he plays anywhere close to last year level.( see san Diego his sophmore year after monster rookie year)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 05-12-2013 at 09:08 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Another pompous macho bet from the Raider troll who makes an ass out of himself every year, over homering his team, guaranteeing and predicting greatness only to eat crow and disappear for the 2nd half of the season, and the first month of the off-season, returning, pretending to forget about the complete joke he (edit: and his team) were last year, to start the cycle all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Happens the same exact way every single year. Hilarious.

I hope nobody bets him the JI membership because he WILL lose. Dude is a mush. I actually look forward to him making an ass out of himself on a regular basis.
    THIS. Although I don't find it hilarious. Sad and pathetic definitely.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Who....the F*CK....is Quoples?
    bump

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you kidding me. YOU DON"T HAVE A SINGLE LB THAT CAN COVER. It's not rocket science. Again you can't tell me Demarco davis is that lB when he doesn't have one pass defense in 2012 and despite his speed coming out of college there were legitimate question about how he would handle coverage. ( there is more to coverage than straight line speed- hey TE or RB your only allow to run as fast as you can in straight line because that all that davis can handle. So keep talking about Coples or barnes OR Demarco davis or David Harris that they are all going to be rushing the Qb.(heck send 11 guys after the QB as you don't need anyone in coverage.

So now your telling me Milliner going to be playing safety( a rookie CB right) Whose going to be the nickel CB. ( maybe Coples will play there too).
    Whose giving Kyle wilson Help. Or the Cb that playing Nickel when Milliner playing FS. A Cromartie had the best year of his career and your delusional if you think he plays anywhere close to last year level.( see san Diego his sophmore year after monster rookie year)

i play this game now. Its listening / reading what people say. And trying to figure out if there a liar or just stupid...

I think that in your case its stupid.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The Jets will be very good against the run in that defense alignment but who is going to be dumb to try when they can throw all over that defense. Hey I'm wrong on this one and I will admit it.

JMO I think at some point Jets will be a 4-3 defense as Coples at outside LB isn't going to be very effective.
    I'd like to bet that you have no idea what you're talking about. The rush LB in Rex' "3-4" doesn't need to cover anyone. If you don't even know how our defense works then why on earth do you keep talking? We're in the nickel over 50% of the time anyway. You are even worse at predicting what the Jets will do than you are at the Raiders, and that is ridiculously bad. You used to slightly amusing. Now you're getting a little to big for your britches. Go learn something about football, then come back and try again.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    How the hell do you know this? You need to talk about football, not dreams that you have. NO one has seen him play OLB, no one can say what he will be one way or another at this point.

You know, other than to troll a Jet board and tell people that you know more than those who are making personnel decisions.

Why not stick to making predictions and promises about your team. Like you do, wrongly, every year.
    Again no 280 lB is going to hold up in coverage. Yes you can take that responsibility away from Coples( mostly rush the passer) but someone has to pick up the slack in that area- COVERAGE. ( Barnes, Davis or D harris )

Tell me which lb that is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again no 280 lB is going to hold up in coverage. Yes you can take that responsibility away from Coples( mostly rush the passer) but someone has to pick up the slack in that area- COVERAGE. ( Barnes, Davis or D harris )

You're right. We can't have 4 people rushing the passer. We can't be in a nickel 50% of the time either. Oh wait. You don't know what you're talking about.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    i play this game now. Its listening / reading what people say. And trying to figure out if there a liar or just stupid...

I think that in your case its stupid.
    Again which poster is going to take me up on a bet. 100 bucks donated to this site. This way it can be confirm if the bet was paid off. I'm confident in what I say. Jets will have trouble matching up in coverage. (if Coples stays at OLB-eventhough he can just rush the passer ) Now since posters say I don't know what i'm talking about. Which poster going to step up to the plate. Since it an easy bet.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude you come on a rival team board and have no clue whatsoever.

Does terrell suggs cover people? Coples will NOT BE IN COVERAGE THAT WOULD BE RIDICULOUS. The only people calling him an OLB are the idiot media.

Rex runs a "3-4 defense" in name only....the position Coples will play will almost always be in a 3 point stance.

We also play 5 DBs more then any team in the league, and NO millner will not play safety, he will play slot corner who has run responsibility when a LB comes off the field. A position he should be great at as he is strong in run support and strong enough to cover TEs.

Answer this - what ILB does "cover" a RB? As I have pointed out many times that you refuse to answer/refute the only time there needs to be "coverage" on a RB is on a wheel route. Screen passes are "covered" via team defense and penetration by the Dline - which we will have a ton of, so in that scenario demario (not demarco btw) davis' straight line speed will be a big asset.

As bad as you are as a regular poster, this particular un-educated nonsense you are throwing out in this thread is worse then usual.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You're right. We can't have 4 people rushing the passer. We can't be in a nickel 50% of the time either. Oh wait. You don't know what you're talking about.
    Yes you can have four people rushing the Qb. (where did I say you can't- post where I said that go ahead) Yes you can play in the nickel 50% of the time but how did that work for you in the running game last year. (maybe that's why you were 26th defending the run) . Just because you playing in the nickel some Lb still is going to be asked to cover. Again you can say Demarco davis but he hasn't shown any ability to do anything like that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you can have four people rushing the Qb. (where did I say you can't- post where I said that go ahead) Yes you can play in the nickel 50% of the time but how did that work for you in the running game last year. (maybe that's why you were 26th defending the run) . Just because you playing in the nickel some Lb still is going to be asked to cover. Again you can say Demarco davis but he hasn't shown any ability to do anything like that.
    hey jackass, stop calling him Demarco.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb 90210 get a clue

You are contradicting yourself here. According to your previous posts all that matters is how EXPLOSIVE you are at every position. Davis' strength is his speed so on that alone he would excel in any D.

Teams will have more success throwing all day on Hayden than on Milliner who is already far more EXPLOSIVE.