Thread: BOYD - most complete QB next year?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

BOYD - most complete QB next year?

Whitfield: Most complete QB in NCAA is Boyd
    QB guru George Whitfield believes Clemson senior Tajh Boyd is the most complete QB in college football today.
    "I think he brings the most to the table in terms of tools and intangibles," Whitfield said. "I think he is the most capable of hurting a defensive coordinator's gameplan... I am not saying he is this man, but in a lot of ways it is like watching Aaron Rodgers play." Whitfield went on to discuss how defenses have to "pick their poison" in regards to pressuring Boyd, since he can beat them with his feet, or sit back and be picked apart with his arm.
    Thoughts?

Shaping up to be an interesting CFB year. Looking foward to watching the Boyd vs Bridgewater and this David Fales guy from SJ State who's suddenly sparkling in everyone's eyes.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Thoughts?

Shaping up to be an interesting CFB year. Looking foward to watching the Boyd vs Bridgewater and this David Fales guy from SJ State who's suddenly sparkling in everyone's eyes.
    I watched his game against LSU and he looks like the real deal.

Although ive heard from others that have watched him more closely that hes inconsistant.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was hoping he would come out this year, given where the Jets were picking I thought they would have a good shot at getting him.

That LSU game was so impressive. Obviously, it was his best game and he has had some bad ones too. But I think he is going to be a good pro. This year, without Hopkins and Ellington, should tell us a little more about him.

Teddy still gets the edge right now though I wouldn't be surprised to see Boyd leap him in 2013.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think we have our QB

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    David Fales (pronounced Fails)?! What could possibly go wrong.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boyd is no where near a complete QB. He is not a technical QB like Wilson was or a physical dynamo like Collin. I want nothing to do with him at all. He is good when the pocket breaks down but outside of that has very little to offer. He is small, not a technician, and not a physical dynomo. He make some tight passes but lacks the field vision and quick release to play the kind of ball he'd have to at the next level. At best he is a Dennis Dixon IMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    BOYD is going to be a very good Qb in the nfl wen he comes out next yr's draft... I've been sayin that Boyd is goin to be a Baller for awhile now..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Boyd is no where near a complete QB. He is not a technical QB like Wilson was or a physical dynamo like Collin. I want nothing to do with him at all. He is good when the pocket breaks down but outside of that has very little to offer. He is small, not a technician, and not a physical dynomo. He make some tight passes but lacks the field vision and quick release to play the kind of ball he'd have to at the next level. At best he is a Dennis Dixon IMO.
    agreed, I like Geno Smith more than him.