Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: #firecimini

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Considering he humiliated Jane McManus, his ESPN co-worker, he should be suspended. Hostile workplace environment for women = ESPN.
    This 100%!!!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I agree, he shouldn't get fired. It does though seem like he's very insecure as this isn't the first allegation/incident he's had with colleagues.
    Lotta journalists are insecure....someone else getting the scoop or covering it better sends them spinning...they are a breed apart,some really cool ones though

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Leberfield is not a journalist or a "beat" reporter. He's a child in a man's body with a hobby of writing negative articles about the Jets. They are published in Jets Confidential, a rag that no one reads any more and no one has read since Al Gore invented the internet. He is the least credible of any of them.
    I tend to disagree with that. I still buy it. He has some excellent articles especially his WHISPERS column . I honestly do not see much negativity in it. I have read a lot of good feedback and insight into the draft. I also see articles about former Jets and I find it nice to keep up with them. I try to buy anything associated with the Jets or anything that can shed some light on the team. Its hard living in Florida to keep up with the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Lol, that was classic stuff. Only thing that could have been better was if it was written here on JI.

Dcat, I still read JC. It has pretty good insights and the Whispers section is good as well. As for Leberfeld, he has tempered his opinions the past couple of years and is not at all reticent to take fellow members of the Jets beat to task, Mehta and Cimini included. Not saying you should like him for it, just pointing out what you may not know since you no longer get JC.
    Good point. Leberfeld has gone after "journalists" that dump on the Jets in JC. He has done it several times.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dick C's twitter account has been dark since his apology tweet. I'd say he's suspended.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    This 100%!!!!!!
    Deadspin has catalogued the many different ways that ESPN has treated women poorly. Nice to know Rich C's true feelings about his co-worker. Her work is sh!t but apparently he thinks that his body of work is stellar.

What a joke. Fire this clown.
    Last edited by TheBlairThomasFumble; 05-17-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like he's back tweetin, was hoping this was this sewer rats last life, clearly not.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Looks like he's back tweetin, was hoping this was this sewer rats last life, clearly not.
    Seems to have been completely missed or ignored by the media.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    The man is a parasite. Would love to see him on the street. Fire him please
    +1

Rich Cimini is horrible.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was suspended for a week. But all he did was demean a female coworker so in the ESPN boardroom he's a stellar guy who will probably get a promotion in short order.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    I do think he mainly tells it like it is and when you haven't won a Super Bowl in 40+ years, there's going to be plenty of negativity. Again, so what? Is that really worse than Mehta's circus perpetuating stories premised on quotes from anonymous sources from the past two years? I think not. Are fluff pieces really a better alternative? No way -- and if you disagree try reading some of the work of Miami's homer, inferiority complex driven beat writers.

And for those of you who think he's easily replaceable, you can't simply replace his historical knowledge of the team and contacts within the organization. Maybe Cannizarro could step in for him, but I can't think of many others.

Look, I'm by no means a Cimini apologist, but I do think his detractors have gotten seriously carried away with all this bashing. If you want to read fluff pieces, follow Steiny; if you want to be angry at someone in the media, direct it at Mehta.
    So there must be a ton of negativity around the Eagles,Bills,Chargers,Bengals,Oilers/Titans,Cards,Lions yet there isn't compared to Jet fans who seem to love negative articles. Or maybe the other cities have better sports writers covering those teams??

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we start a Fire Cimini petition or something this guys has to go!