Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: #firecimini

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I'm in the minority here. Cimini has never bothered me and I have been reading him since he came on the beat. That being said he used to be very negative. He has improved his reports in the last year.

It seems as if he is at least on some type of time out since his last tweet was yesterday. Lots of Jet news today and nothing from him.
    +1

People here have no clue how the media works....it's about the editor and editorial direction and not the individual reporter...and I actually find he's often the best reporter at getting the analysis correct and provides some great info...I also find his Sunday notes section essential reading

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    I do think he mainly tells it like it is and when you haven't won a Super Bowl in 40+ years, there's going to be plenty of negativity. Again, so what? Is that really worse than Mehta's circus perpetuating stories premised on quotes from anonymous sources from the past two years? I think not. Are fluff pieces really a better alternative? No way -- and if you disagree try reading some of the work of Miami's homer, inferiority complex driven beat writers.

And for those of you who think he's easily replaceable, you can't simply replace his historical knowledge of the team and contacts within the organization. Maybe Cannizarro could step in for him, but I can't think of many others.

Look, I'm by no means a Cimini apologist, but I do think his detractors have gotten seriously carried away with all this bashing. If you want to read fluff pieces, follow Steiny; if you want to be angry at someone in the media, direct it at Mehta.
    Good post

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    +1

People here have no clue how the media works....it's about the editor and editorial direction and not the individual reporter...and I actually find he's often the best reporter at getting the analysis correct and provides some great info...I also find his Sunday notes section essential reading
    Great post as well. I, too, really enjoy his Sunday Notes articles. Glad I'm not the only one tired of these complaints. It's not like he's the TV analyst covering the games that you're forced to listen to -- if a journalist's writing style offends you, don't read it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm betting Cimini is currently serving some sort of suspension. Going on 48 hours of radio silence.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    Great post as well. I, too, really enjoy his Sunday Notes articles. Glad I'm not the only one tired of these complaints. It's not like he's the TV analyst covering the games that you're forced to listen to -- if a journalist's writing style offends you, don't read it.
    Exactly...it's the same with the Francessa guy,people don't understand that the very fact you are watching/listening/reading/discussing them means they're doing a good job.

They're not employed to do a job for us.

And thanks

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously, f uck this guy...he's still using Tebow in a headline after he's been released. Who gives a #$@%! who is wearing 15

Hey, rook, here's Tebow's number
    May, 12, 2013
    MAY 12
    11:43
    AM ET
    By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

When former Tennessee wide receiver Zach Rogers reported to the Jets' rookie minicamp, he was assigned one of the most popular numbers in the NFL -- 15. It took him, oh, about a nanosecond to make the connection.

Tim Tebow's number.

Brad Penner/USA TODAY Sports
    Zach Rogers is the new No. 15.
    "Yeah, I remember him wearing it," Rogers said, alluding to Tebow's ill-fated season with the Jets.

Funny part is, Rogers got a chance to meet Tebow during the offseason. He actually caught passes from him one weekend in Nashville, where Tebow, on one of his many workout stops across America, trained with a quarterback coach.

"He threw to us," Rogers said. "He's a great guy. I wish him the best."

You might say Rogers is a Tiny Tim. After 6-foot, 172 pounds, he's 78 pounds lighter than Tebow's 2012 playing weight.

"He's a big dude," Rogers said, "but I'm going to try to fill [the uniform] as best as I can."

Rogers, an undrafted free agent, received a first-day shout out from Rex Ryan, who lauded his ability as a slot receiver. He caught a lot of balls over the first two days of the rookie camp, doing what slot receivers do -- finding ways to get open over the middle.

Rogers was a fine receiver at Tennessee, making 32 receptions for 491 yards and seven touchdowns last season. Those numbers don't jump off the page, but you have to consider he was part of a receiving corps that include Cordarrelle Patterson (first-round pick, Vikings) and Justin Hunter (second round, Titans). Obviously, he was overshadowed -- and didn't mind.

"I like flying under the radar," he said. "That's been my motto since coming out of high school. I'll stick with that."
    Tags:New York Jets, Tim Tebow, Tebow Time, Zach Rogers

:retch:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to see him and Mehta both fired. They write sensationalist articles without much fact or based on anonymous sources. I am good with honest articled that might not be positive but these guys seem to write for the headline not based on facts. We have the worst beat writers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastsidejetsfan View Post
    I would like to see him and Mehta both fired. They write sensationalist articles without much fact or based on anonymous sources. I am good with honest articled that might not be positive but these guys seem to write for the headline not based on facts. We have the worst beat writers.
    Mehta's journalism personality changed dramatically (for the worse) when he took over Cimini's role at the Daily News. Before that he was great, writing for the Star-Ledger. One of the best, in fact. Once he moved to the bloody rag also known as the Daily News, he assumed Cimini's flaming style. It's a Daily News thing apparently. Although Cimini is still a piece of sht, he was worse when writing for the Daily News. And Mehta just followed in his footsteps. I lost every ounce of respect I had for Manish while he worked the Star-Ledger.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I called the offices of espn ny and asked them if Rich Cimini had been fired yet for his slur against a fellow reporter. The person I was connected to said that they were aware of the situation and were reviewing it

Hopefully, his next spot will be beat writer for the East Orange Pennysaver

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only reporter I take seriously is Connor Orr. Dude doesn't spend his time inserting his opinion into the news and instead just reports it.

#bromance

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Straight from the hip implies that the person "tells it like it is" with little regard for sensationalism or sensibilities. Might want to re-think your opinion of Cimini with that in mind, especially with regards to the sensationalism part. The guy is a figurative walking thesaurus of negativity when it comes to the Jets.

Think about what you said. The guy has been covering the Jets for around 20 years. If he wasn't overly negative, you'd have to question his credibility.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Costello and Orr put Cimini and Mehta to shame.

As to what some of you are saying, I don't doubt that part of it has to do with the editorial staff, but a lot of it has to do with the writer as well. To think otherwise means that any old chimp with a degree in writing/journalism can be plugged in at any time. We all know that's not the case.

Really not sure what knowing the historical part of the team has to do with anything. When Mehta first showed up on the scene writing quality stuff, he didn't know jack about the Jets. Same for Costello. The only time Cimini seems to lean on his "knowledge" of the team's past is so he can utilize it in another snarky comment or to make a strawman argument about some decision the team should or should not make.

If you like that sort of "reporting", bully for you. Personally, I like to read stuff that is as unbiased as possible. Currently, that is Orr and Costello. Cannizzaro was pretty good as well, but he only writes about the Jets intermittently now, focusing more on golf if I'm not mistaken.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Looks like he replied to twitter instead of someone who texted him. What a maroon.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Looks like he replied to twitter instead of someone who texted him. What a maroon.
    He actually meant to direct message the person through twitter but instead sent it out to all of his followers.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Costello and Orr put Cimini and Mehta to shame.

As to what some of you are saying, I don't doubt that part of it has to do with the editorial staff, but a lot of it has to do with the writer as well. To think otherwise means that any old chimp with a degree in writing/journalism can be plugged in at any time. We all know that's not the case.

Really not sure what knowing the historical part of the team has to do with anything. When Mehta first showed up on the scene writing quality stuff, he didn't know jack about the Jets. Same for Costello. The only time Cimini seems to lean on his "knowledge" of the team's past is so he can utilize it in another snarky comment or to make a strawman argument about some decision the team should or should not make.

If you like that sort of "reporting", bully for you. Personally, I like to read stuff that is as unbiased as possible. Currently, that is Orr and Costello. Cannizzaro was pretty good as well, but he only writes about the Jets intermittently now, focusing more on golf if I'm not mistaken.
    +1.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This isn't even the first time... He was outed making a fake twitter to mock Manish and Steiny. He called introduced Kenrick Ellis as a druggie when we drafted him. And many more occasions of unprofessionalism. Hes a joke and should be fired.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He actually meant to direct message the person through twitter but instead sent it out to all of his followers.
    Anthony Weiner's wang is laughing at Cimini.

Twitter: bringing down idiots since 2008.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    This isn't even the first time... He was outed making a fake twitter to mock Manish and Steiny. He called introduced Kenrick Ellis as a druggie when we drafted him. And many more occasions of unprofessionalism. Hes a joke and should be fired.
    He should have been fired for the fake twitter.

He definelty should be fired for this recent tweet.

The Ellis tweet was classless.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    something seriously wrong at espn. they hire losers both male and female and wonder why they put out garbage like this.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cimini and Mehta are awful journalists. Cimini tries to spin everything into a "same old Jets" routine and Mehta is trying to stir the pot and turn the players against each other in order to get a headline for his editors.

The other beat writers aren't nearly as bad as these two idiots. (EDIT: I take that back. Dan Leberfeld too.)
    Last edited by JetsCrazey; 05-13-2013 at 11:31 PM.