Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Re-watching Jets HK on NFLN, Rex deserves better from the fan base...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by XingDaorong View Post
    Remember how bad our defense was in 2008 and how much everyone here *****ed about Mangini's vanilla playcalling? Rex gave us a top 3 defense two years in a row with the same crop of players, without a pass rusher who could get him more than 8 sacks. I know people like to talk about how the Jets "ruined" Sanchez by giving him a league leading rushing game and the best offensive line in football for those two seasons without somehow also giving him Calvin Johnson, '98 Randy Moss, and Jerry Rice to throw to but the fact remains that he's a bust. He played as ****ty last season as he did his rookie year, he's regressed and the defense couldn't continue to cover for his mistakes every time he fumbled the ball or threw an ugly INT.

Doesn't mean he didn't or doesn't have the potential to be good, or that he didn't play well at times in big games, but he brings no consistency and can't elevate the play of anyone around him. And sure Rex has his flaws but as a number of other posters here have said, give Rex a competent QB in either of those seasons and this team may have had an SB ring.

Idzik's plan looks good so far: retool the defense with some elite young talent to get the unit back into the top 3, provide Smith (he's going to start Week 1, mark it down) with an OC who has had success in this league, and bring in some younger offensive linemen to push the starters. Our LBs and D-linemen are more athletic, our GM got us a replacement for Revis, and we may have a franchise QB on our hands. Give Rex some time and he'll have this team back in the playoffs.
    Also:

Preach patience and deal with Smith being bad. If he's not ready, start Garrard and put Smith in later.

Either way, the dearth of talent on offense should yield a top 5 pick next year and Marquise Lee, Brandon Coleman, or TJ Yeldon.

Do not go QB again.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Hey Rah Rah, since you are rewatcing HK, what about his almost giddy like adoration of the Terminator? Where is the Terminator" today?
    You mean when he loved and showed a few monster blocks?

Because after he was hurt and released, those blocks didn't actually happen? So he shouldn't have gotten a kick out of those hits.

And of course, Rex should pay a price for all of this. He injured Conner.

The Pats just cut a 7th round pick, is anyone in their fanbase calling out the HC for this?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Re-watching Jets HK on NFLN, Rex deserves better from the fan base...

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    So you have supported Belichick being fired after his first 6 seasons coaching? Where his record was a disaster compared to Rex
    I am not a Browns fan so I do not know how BB handled himself. But if his failures mirrored Rex's failures over the past two years (losing the locker room, losing his staff, not growing as a HC, etc) then the answer would be yes. For me it goes beyond the wins and losses and stats and rankings.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    The offense, defense and special teams all looked like **** last year. Unmotivated, unprepared, countless mistakes. The year prior Rex, by his own admission, lost control of the team. These past two seasons have wiped out the "capital" Rex built up from the 2009 and 2010 seasons IMO.

Anything less than a 8-8 record in the coming season, with quality wins against teams with winning records, and Rex should be fired.
    We played GREAT against the PATS and the TEXANS. 2 best teams in the AFC at the time. Both games got away from us with poor play by Mark, Hill, etc.

THOSE games deflated us. I thought REX had the shell of a team well prepared.

I'm serious....he did a great job and the team was behind him. How much of that crap of Mark can a team take though?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Hey Rah Rah, since you are rewatcing HK, what about his almost giddy like adoration of the Terminator? Where is the Terminator" today?
    What's your point? How does any of your garbage conflict with the OP in this thread acknowledging some Rex's faults, or did you just get back from Douchebags R Us and wanted to give one a ride?

Shut it
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 05-13-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    We played GREAT against the PATS and the TEXANS. 2 best teams in the AFC at the time. Both games got away from us with poor play by Mark, Hill, etc.

I'm serious....he did a great job and the team was behind him. How much of that crap of Mark can a team take though?
    Not for nothing but I seem to remember the Defense sh*tting the bed in the Pats game. We had a lead and Rex coached "not to lose". Sure, Mark fumbled in OT but IMO that game should have never went to OT.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Sarjr0.....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

Yeah well we rarely beat teams with winning records, that's one of the reasons why I've soured on Rex. Last two years, 32 games, we only beat Indianapolis, that's awful.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You mean when he loved and showed a few monster blocks?

Because after he was hurt and released, those blocks didn't actually happen? So he shouldn't have gotten a kick out of those hits.

And of course, Rex should pay a price for all of this. He injured Conner.

The Pats just cut a 7th round pick, is anyone in their fanbase calling out the HC for this?
    Connor sucked well before he was injured.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not for nothing but I seem to remember the Defense sh*tting the bed in the Pats game. We had a lead and Rex coached "not to lose". Sure, Mark fumbled in OT but IMO that game should have never went to OT.
    I forgot that...I was more overwhelmed with Hills drop and when we were on the 3 1stbdown and couldn't punch it in. BUT...yeah, I see your point.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin45 View Post
    The history I listed is all accurate. The team Mangini built may have been very good if it had a viable QB & was completely healthy. But instead the team that Rex inherited had a rookie QB with 12 TD's & 28 Turnovers and no Jenkins (who was at one point a Defensive player of the year candidate in 2008). Rex deserves a lot of credit for overcoming all of that and winning the playoff games which Mangini never did.

Now Rex does deserve some of the blame for sticking with Sanchez as long as he did last year. IMO he should have been pulled at half time of the Seatle game. But it wasn't Rex who gave him that ridiculous contract. I guess we'll never know for sure if Rex would have pulled him sooner without that.
    Stop with the Sanchez fetish, Kev. It's not our only problem.

Dig deeper and you know that the Rex Ryan Jets of 2011-2013 were built to win on a dominant defense and a power rushing attack and we've had neither of those for years. Sanchez suck? You bet. But the defense and the RB suck worse but no one wants to talk about that. Nope. Can't do that. Because that bit of truth condemns Rex Ryan, can't have that, everyone loves the fat clown.

If we were built to win this on Air Sanchez, we'd have a good reason to blame the kid. We weren't. We're supposed to have this fabulous defense. Nope. We're supposed to have this fabulous running back. Nope. Asking Mark Sanchez to throw 50 times a game is a suicide mission. That's what Rex Ryan asked him to do. Time and time again, his D and his RB had us fall behind big and early and the only way to overcome the typical 13-0 second quarter deficit was to throw-throw-throw to a bunch of WR's that didn't even belong in the arena league let alone the NFL. Chaz Schilens, Mardy Gilyard, Glyde Gates, and Konrad Reuland. What? Who?

Blame the right guy. It's a pity your blinded by the entertainment factor. Lots of fans are.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    I wish more people realized what a douche we have for a head coach
    Would you like to go to his house and tell him yourself in person?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, this fanbase come game day in the stadium has no clue what a fanbase is or is supposed to provide, most of the people there think they are at an event. When we received game balls against the Patriots, that was an average day in Philly.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Yeah well we rarely beat teams with winning records, that's one of the reasons why I've soured on Rex. Last two years, 32 games, we only beat Indianapolis, that's awful.
    when your talent erodes and your qb sucks you don't beat the better teams. at this point i'm still blaming tanny the most, he drafted the players even if rex had influence. if rex were the hc of baltimore and was begging ozzie to draft john connor, i'd like to see ozzie's response.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Ah, this fanbase come game day in the stadium has no clue what a fanbase is or is supposed to provide, most of the people there think they are at an event. When we received game balls against the Patriots, that was an average day in Philly.
    We cheer plenty loud when the team plays hard.

Problem is, they rarely do. Our best games are on the road, all the playoff surprises in particular. During our 16-4 stretch no one whined about crowd participation. It's only now that we suck that it's noticed.

And as a PSL owner and someone who has attended 7 games a year in the Ryan era I can tell you that the style of play leads to some incredibly boring football. Yes, we won a lot of games that way, but all the average fan can cheer for is a 3rd down stop. Over and over again.

There's no offense to cheer for. That's fun. Team entertains us, we cheer. Yay!

The defense to cheer for isn't fun. They never sack anyone or make a play. We cheer to distract the opponent. That's work. Boo.

The average fan is asked to cheer 30 times on defense and only 2 times on offense. Pay me if you want me to distract the Bills offense. I'm not there to do work. I'm there to be entertained.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    why is that so important to you? Because I feel our HC is horrible and acts like a douche? Please, I know I am way in the back of the line on this subject.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does Rex even lift?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Blame the right guy. It's a pity your blinded by the entertainment factor. Lots of fans are.

SAR I
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The average fan is asked to cheer 30 times on defense and only 2 times on offense. Pay me if you want me to distract the Bills offense. I'm not there to do work. I'm there to be entertained.

SAR I
    Huh?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly what coach is not a douche? They all need to be hard ons for the job that they have. Look at Parcells he was a prick, Bellicheck, look at the Saints (bounty gate), Ditka, Coughlin, geez even Lombardi. Coaches are brash, loud arrogant people. That is what they are supposed to be. They are coaching modern day gladiators.