Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 178

Thread: Brian Costello: Time for Jets to deal Mark, hand reins to Geno.

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    What about "Not a Ginzo"?
    FauxGinzo?

  2. #22
    Sanchez can win games but not with the Jets?

    Why is that?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    FauxGinzo?
    LOL!! I love this.

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,765
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    And when the Jets get rid of Sanchez and Geno flops early and often the Jets will be criticized for not knowing how to bring a QB along and develop him properly. There is no reason to get rid of Sanchez right now...in fact there are plenty of reasons to hold on to him.
    I agree. Not that GS3 will flop, but that trading Sanchez before the season starts would be stupid. Idzik is not stupid. I believe if everything works out well we will have 4 QBs on the 53 man roster. We will give Sanchez every opportunity to look good in Marty's offense in the preseason. Then if he gets beat out for the starting job, we can hold onto Sanchez until some team has a desperate need. Then we can either get a high pick, or have another team take his entire salary. Let them write all the circus stories they want. They're already looking foolish when it's obvious the circus has left town. Reporters are already crossing the line, and reporting on the obvious bias against the Jets, and how much things have changed under Idzik.

  5. #25
    rewind to the summer of 2009 and this is Sanchez all over again. the Jets were "smitten" with Mark and that the QB "competition" with Kellen Clemens had all but been decided in favor of the rookie before it even started.

    for years, Jets fans have loudly voiced their displeasure with the way Sanchez was "coddled" and how everything was just handed to him, how he was never made to earn his standing. and now we're supposed to applaud when a beat writer suggests we do the SAME EXACT THING with Geno??

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,765
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Sanchez can win games but not with the Jets?

    Why is that?
    You are either ignorant, or just a troll. So which one of these guys do you want to be? Maybe he needs to be somewhere that hair clips, and Uggs are acceptable men's wear.

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    rewind to the summer of 2009 and this is Sanchez all over again. the Jets were "smitten" with Mark and that the QB "competition" with Kellen Clemens had all but been decided in favor of the rookie before it even started.

    for years, Jets fans have loudly voiced their displeasure with the way Sanchez was "coddled" and how everything was just handed to him, how he was never made to earn his standing. and now we're supposed to applaud when a beat writer suggests we do the SAME EXACT THING with Geno??
    Once again, that was the headline, not the story. When will people learn to ignore the headlines which are not written by the reporters? Cos said Garrard should start the year.

    That said. Sanchez was always timid, and sheepish. We were hoping it was because he was so young, and had only one year of experience, but while he is pretty good with no pressure, he folds under adversity. Watching his demeanor, on the field, and in interviews, Geno is the anti Sanchez.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You are either ignorant, or just a troll. So which one of these guys do you want to be? Maybe he needs to be somewhere that hair clips, and Uggs are acceptable men's wear.
    Either?

  9. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ithaca College by way of New Jersey
    Posts
    1,732
    Am I the only one who read this article and thought, "How is this a professional piece in a professional newspaper." Statements without evidence or sources, conclusions that begin with "I think." This is what people are reading and even worse agreeing with?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Sanchez can win games but not with the Jets?

    Why is that?
    Sanchez is the most turnover QB in the league. How do you expect to win like that? His last two seasons he had 52 turnovers and in his rookie year he had 20 interceptions. Greg f****ing Mclroy will beat him let alone Geno and Garrard. Do you expect him to stay on the team as the fourth QB?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You are either ignorant, or just a troll. So which one of these guys do you want to be? Maybe he needs to be somewhere that hair clips, and Uggs are acceptable men's wear.
    It's an honest question.

    The writer thinks Sanchez can win games in the NFL, just not with the Jets.

    I honestly have no idea what that means.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Once again, that was the headline, not the story. When will people learn to ignore the headlines which are not written by the reporters? Cos said Garrard should start the year.

    That said. Sanchez was always timid, and sheepish. We were hoping it was because he was so young, and had only one year of experience, but while he is pretty good with no pressure, he folds under adversity. Watching his demeanor, on the field, and in interviews, Geno is the anti Sanchez.
    again, rewind 2 years.

    all the rookie camp reports were how Sanchez took command of the offense, held extra meetings with his teammates, was a "natural leader," etc. I'm hoping that Geno is all those things and more, but reports this time of year are hardly worth anything and shouldn't be used as the basis on which to decide the fate of our QB situation.

    I read the article and Costello goes on to say that Sanchez should be traded because the fans hate him. OK. the fans also cheered when Pennington got hurt and the Kellen Clemens era started. hindsight will tell us how ridiculous that sounds now.

    all I'm saying is we have a legit QB competition for the first time in ages, let them compete and may best man win. if its Garrard or Smith, then yes, it's time to get rid of Sanchez. but that decision can only be made (rationally) in August. talking about it in May because the coaches are raving about Smith after rookie camp is a waste of time.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Why GS3?

    GS3 is just f-ing lame!!! Just because of RG3, we have to call our QB GS3?? WTF. It's just stupid!!!!

    Oh and to anawer your question, I guess both Geno's dad and grandfather were both named Eugene..

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    again, rewind 2 years.

    all the rookie camp reports were how Sanchez took command of the offense, held extra meetings with his teammates, was a "natural leader," etc. I'm hoping that Geno is all those things and more, but reports this time of year are hardly worth anything and shouldn't be used as the basis on which to decide the fate of our QB situation.

    I read the article and Costello goes on to say that Sanchez should be traded because the fans hate him. OK. the fans also cheered when Pennington got hurt and the Kellen Clemens era started. hindsight will tell us how ridiculous that sounds now.

    all I'm saying is we have a legit QB competition for the first time in ages, let them compete and may best man win. if its Garrard or Smith, then yes, it's time to get rid of Sanchez. but that decision can only be made (rationally) in August. talking about it in May because the coaches are raving about Smith after rookie camp is a waste of time.
    the only reason this piece was written was b/c there's not much else to write about now that minicamp is over.

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,533
    If you lose the trust and respect of your team, you can't be put back out there by a FO. Most know he's done here, needs to move on.

    If they gave the starting nod to Sanchez they lose the team.

    He needs to try and hold on to his career somewhere else. The point is he will never be named the starter here, no matter what he does this preseason. Winning the starting job isn't an option.

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,533
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    the only reason this piece was written was b/c there's not much else to write about now that minicamp is over.

    It was written because it's obvious to all that Geno didn't sh1t the bed. Thats all he'll need to put himself ahead of Sanchez on the depth chart.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    GS3 is just f-ing lame!!! Just because of RG3, we have to call our QB GS3?? WTF. It's just stupid!!!!

    Oh and to anawer your question, I guess both Geno's dad and grandfather were both named Eugene..
    Look at how upset this wack beta is over my boy GS3. Y u mirin' so hard, breh?

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    It was written because it's obvious to all that Geno didn't sh1t the bed. Thats all he'll need to put himself ahead of Sanchez on the depth chart.
    Pretty much. As long geno can throw a screen pass and not buttfumble, he is already better than suckchez. If in the pre-season games geno can avoid throwing boatloads of picks and not look like a scared girl out there then he will be the starter week one.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I agree with what he's saying the in the long term, but I disagree with any inference that would suggest we should just simply pass the torch over to Geno.

    Lets be consistent here. Sanchez NEVER had to compete for his job. He was just handed it, which is pure stupidity. Geno should NEVER be given the same kind of advantage. Make that kid work his A$$ off and earn the opportunity.

    So once again, I like the article. But lets sit back and watch the cream rise to the top. Lets watch Geno in an all-out, fair fight for the starting job. If he wins? EVERYONE will be excited about the potential for the team to win this season.
    I agree with the quoted section.

    1. No one gets cut at QB till mid-pre season.

    2. Everyone competes. Best man wins the #1 job.

    3. The 2nd and 3rd best get the #2 and #3 jobs. #4 and #5 get cut.

    4. IMO that means our QB's will be Sanchez, Gerrard and Smith, in that order, opening day. McElroy and Simms will both be cut.

    5. When Sanchez falters (and I believe he will) and Smith has had time to raise his game, the transition can/should be made.

    6. Sanchez is allowed to leave for 2014. Smith is the #1, and we look at the draft in 2014 to see whats available, and draft accordingly. No guarantee Smith gets the #1 job in 2014, and yes, we might draft a QB in the first if thats the value.

    My take.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Because he's named after his his father and grandpa. Eugene Smith III. GS3 nation, where you at?

    If that doesn't tickle you right, we could always go with Mint Chocolate, Mean Gene, and, of course, Clyde.
    I never realized that. I think his grandpa was an olympic sprinter.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us