Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Brian Costello: Time for Jets to deal Mark, hand reins to Geno.

There are many qbs never given a chance. Kurt Warner was undrafted and was stocking groceries before making the hof. Tom Brady was a 6th rd pick and on the verge of never getting a chance. Sanchez has been given every opportunity over 4 years and failed at every step. Dozens or hundreds of qbs are hoping for a chance. While Sanchez has proven to be a failure beyond a shadow of a doubt, Kurt Warner's are out there to be discovered. Maybe its Geno, maybe not, but the jets cants just throw in the towel because of a 1st rd bust in 2009.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Reporting is a copycat league:

Preparation and looking good at practice was never Mark's problem.

It's on Sundays that he falls asleep at the wheel.

I hope Geno's an uncontrollable lunatic that antagonizes coaches, calls his own plays, and annihilates opponents.

Forget about Garrard starting. He was signed to replace Tebow who replaced Brunell. That's his role. Besides, he's the smallest QB in our entire inventory.

Garrard struggled to beat out Leftwich, got dumped for Gabbert, and was penciled in as the starter for Miami based on experience alone.

Tannehill would've won the job no matter what.
    Not sure I agree. Other than his rookie year in camp he has been a pretty consistent suckfest, pre and regular season. Not so sure about his preparation either.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    If? I'll bet the f**king house right now that if Sanchez and Revis play in that game, Revis takes the Boy Blunder's first pass for a score. Put it in the book.
    Or scoops one of his fumbles off the ground. Or both.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    The point is for Marty to make Sanchez look good in pre season. Then a team's QB goes down, and we get a 4th for him, and save some cash at the same time. That's what this article is about. The headline is completely misleading.
    Doesn't matter how well he plays in preseason. No one is giving us a fourth for Mark under any circumstances.

Jets Insider VIP
    Marty's job is to develop decent QB play this season and excellent QB play for the long term.

Buttfumble6 doesn't help with either of those missions.

Garrard and then Smith the only answer.

The Turnover Machine is done as early as June. No need to have him around screwing things up for the third season in a row.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Not sure I agree. Other than his rookie year in camp he has been a pretty consistent suckfest, pre and regular season. Not so sure about his preparation either.
    Sorry, I guess all those camp updates from reporters who were actually there were all wrong then.

I was referring to practice and knowing the playbook, learning the gameplan, instructing players in the huddle, executing drills, knowing the answers to questions at meetings, etc ... things you get from preparation.

Not to mention Jets West, which will be interesting to see what happens this summer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Doesn't matter how well he plays in preseason. No one is giving us a fourth for Mark under any circumstances.
    How about a quarter pounder??

All Pro
    Sorry, I guess all those camp updates from reporters who were actually there were all wrong then.

I was referring to practice and knowing the playbook, learning the gameplan, instructing players in the huddle, executing drills, knowing the answers to questions at meetings, etc ... things you get from preparation.

Not to mention Jets West, which will be interesting to see what happens this summer.
    I can remember one positive camp report from several years ago. For the most part, completing more than half of his passes was cause for celebration (like in the regular season). Last year's camp reports, whcih are most freshly in my mind, were cringeworthy, for the most part, between Sanchez and Tebow's inaccurate throwing and interceptions. But it could be that I have forgotten about the ones where he did well. And Jets West was a publicity stunt/glorified catch. I'm not saying that the guy didn't prepare but I can't get that excited about it if it doesn't translate to the field.

Jets west is a joke. Sanchez was pretty consistent in his 50% stats in camp every year. He barely ever put up good numbers in a practice report.

Veteran
    I can remember one positive camp report from several years ago. For the most part, completing more than half of his passes was cause for celebration (like in the regular season). Last year's camp reports, whcih are most freshly in my mind, were cringeworthy, for the most part, between Sanchez and Tebow's inaccurate throwing and interceptions. But it could be that I have forgotten about the ones where he did well. And Jets West was a publicity stunt/glorified catch. I'm not saying that the guy didn't prepare but I can't get that excited about it if it doesn't translate to the field.
    That was my whole point:

Originally Posted by jetrider:

Preparation and looking good at practice was never Mark's problem.

It's on Sundays that he falls asleep at the wheel.
    The idea behind Jets West was to bond with teammates - especially the newbs - and get in sync without Jets staff around to micromanage everything. Plus to get away and chill in SoCal.

Only an east coast raghole would ridicule it and call it a publicity stunt.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Jets west is a joke. Sanchez was pretty consistent in his 50% stats in camp every year. He barely ever put up good numbers in a practice report.
    LOL. Your sole purpose in life is to bash Mark Sanchez, has been from day one.

When he leaves are you going too?

You'll be bored out of your mind here.

Jets Insider VIP

Jets west in my mind is bull$hit. It hasnt amounted to crap and is , IMO, Marks handlers telling Mark to do this.

I think he doesn't give a $hit. I hate to say that but it looks that way.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Jets west in my mind is bull$hit. It hasnt amounted to crap and is , IMO, Marks handlers telling Mark to do this.
    I disagree. Mark ran the show and it helped the players get to know one another.

I think he doesn't give a $hit. I hate to say that but it looks that way.
    I agree.

Seems he was motivated his first two years until one day he looked at his bank account and said, "Wow, I don't need to work another day in my life."

All Pro
    Thanks for your insight. There have been much worse trades than that every year for lousy QBs, but you would know best.

Jets Insider VIP
    I disagree. Mark ran the show and it helped the players get to know one another.

I agree.

Seems he was motivated his first two years until one day he looked at his bank account and said, "Wow, I don't need to work another day in my life."
    Seriously..imagine going to the ATM and seeing $15 million or whatever.

I dont think I would work either.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Seriously..imagine going to the ATM and seeing $15 million or whatever.

I dont think I would work either.
    With the time you spend on the board you rarely work now..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    With the time you spend on the board you rarely work now..
    If you only knew......

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'd consider us lucky to get a sixth