Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Hector ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Johnny Hector ~ ~ ~

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    actually, most if not all Jet fans would prefer to forget Johhny Hector's awful career with the team

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow....this was a terrific piece of investigative journalism. So in depth, so moving. I really felt I was in the living room with him, replete with bear skin rugs and moose head on the walls....

NOW

Now, Johnny Hector is giving back to others with a group he works for, known as the Peter Sports Management Mentor Program. This is a group of former athletes that help mentor and support individuals looking to embark on a career in sports.

Running back, turned mentor, #34 Johnny Hector
    A whole two sentences about our boy Johnny Hector.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4892592]actually, most if not all Jet fans would prefer to forget Johhny Hector's awful career with the team[/Q

I guess I must be in the minority...

5th leading rusher, 3rd in rushing TDs despite never really being the number 1 guy. Plus, he was just fun to watch.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    actually, most if not all Jet fans would prefer to forget Johhny Hector's awful career with the team
    What are you talking about? Hector was a solid partner for Freeman McNeil in the Jets backfield. He had some very productive games.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    What are you talking about? Hector was a solid partner for Freeman McNeil in the Jets backfield. He had some very productive games.
    +1

How quickly people forget. JH single handedly ran the ball all over Miami to get into the playoffs.

I always liked Hector.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    +1

How quickly people forget. JH single handedly ran the ball all over Miami to get into the playoffs.

I always liked Hector.
    He was a great compliment to Freeman.

SG3, you must be confusing Hector with Roger Vick?????

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    He was a great compliment to Freeman.

SG3, you must be confusing Hector with Roger Vick?????
    that's probably it. I've never met a long-term Jet fan that didn't like Johnny Hector.

Roger Vick was a first round bust and a wasted pick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    that's probably it. I've never met a long-term Jet fan that didn't like Johnny Hector.

Roger Vick was a first round bust and a wasted pick.

Agreed Hector was a great #2 back behind Freeman. Freeman got hurt because he always killed himself to gain that extra yard and Hector was the perfect #2 back at the time. Roger Vick I think scored a 5 on the Wonderlick exam and was a complete bust.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The thing I remember about Hector is how they would always bring him into goal-line situations. He had a talent for hurdling over the scrum like an Olympic high jumper. They could never stop him from scoring a TD.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would be proud to have had a career as "awful" as Johnny Hector

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1 Loved Johnny, and that was during one of our good periods.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would be very happy if the NY Jets could get 10 TD's from the back up RB this season. Johnny Hector was a Star at A&M and a decent RB for the NY Jets;

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Missed this thread earlier. Count me as a fan of Hector as well. Lots of fun watching him run.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    I would be very happy if the NY Jets could get 10 TD's from the back up RB this season. Johnny Hector was a Star at A&M and a decent RB for the NY Jets;
    98 thru 2004 our starting RB only had 2 double digit years with 3 times the carries Hector got as a backup.. Hector had 11 in 1987 and 10 in 88..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you confusing him with someone else? He was a great complimentary back to Freeman McNeil.

I'm curious, why do you remember his career as awful?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=green&white;4892623]
    actually, most if not all Jet fans would prefer to forget Johhny Hector's awful career with the team[/Q

I guess I must be in the minority...

5th leading rusher, 3rd in rushing TDs despite never really being the number 1 guy. Plus, he was just fun to watch.
    Me too, don't know which JH this guy was watching, but the one you and I saw was a real good RB, and a good guy as well. He and Freeman McNeil formed a fairly lethal backfield, was it Brad Baxter or Tom Newton who played FB with these guys, I can't remember?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

He was the best back up RB we ever had, there were times where he outplayed Freeman...always gave the team a lift when they needed it...You really are clueless

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What??? He was a solid rb!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are just not agreeing on anything today. Hector was a very good back who shared time with an all time Jet.