Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Buddy Nix steps down

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Buddy Nix steps down

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/buddy-n...9151--nfl.html

    He made sure to reach for Manuel first though, promising owner Ralph Wilson at least 3 years of still being awful.

    Gannon was saying he was going to collaborate with Mike Tannenbaum on a new book called GMing for dummies.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/buddy-n...9151--nfl.html

    He made sure to reach for Manuel first though, promising owner Ralph Wilson at least 3 years of still being awful.

    Gannon was saying he was going to collaborate with Mike Tannenbaum on a new book called GMing for dummies.
    Oh snap, did i miss the start of the season already?

    Manuel = Suck because he was drafted by the Bills.

    Geno = unharnessed franchise talent because Idzik drafted him 2nd round.


  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Oh snap, did i miss the start of the season already?

    Manuel = Suck because he was drafted by the Bills.

    Geno = unharnessed franchise talent because Idzik drafted him 2nd round.

    Bills took Manuel at 16, Jets took Smith at 39 thus the reach comment I would assume.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manuel was projected to be the second or third quarterback taken behind the unanimous first - Smith and some combination of him, Barkley or Nassib.


    taking him in the first round, especially after picking up a veteran to replace Fitzpatrick (who he handed a 51 million dollar contract to) is YES

    a huge reach

    shouldn't have resigned -- should have been Tannenbaumed

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Bills took Manuel at 16, Jets took Smith at 39 thus the reach comment I would assume.
    Still, its like a crapshoot with 90% of players. There is nothing worse than paper football played in the offseason.

    All the could be's should be's, cant misses, projecting makes me frustraed. Sure, as fans i realize its impossible not to think of possibilities, and i get that, but how can there be any judgement regarding a pick before the season has played out?

    I get the "reach" part of it, and sure that may come to bite them later, but they needed a QB and took one.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Manuel was projected to be the second or third quarterback taken behind the unanimous first - Smith and some combination of him, Barkley or Nassib.


    taking him in the first round, especially after picking up a veteran to replace Fitzpatrick (who he handed a 51 million dollar contract to) is YES

    a huge reach

    shouldn't have resigned -- should have been Tannenbaumed
    Honestly III, do you think people will be analyzing the pick and labeling it a reach if Manuel pans out?

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    if he pans out is not really the point

    if mark sanchez had panned out, he wouldn't have been been a bad pick at number 5


    if ryan leaf had panned out, he wouldn't have been a colossal draft mistake at number 2

    that word if is actually the biggest word in the English language

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    13,056
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Still, its like a crapshoot with 90% of players. There is nothing worse than paper football played in the offseason.

    All the could be's should be's, cant misses, projecting makes me frustraed. Sure, as fans i realize its impossible not to think of possibilities, and i get that, but how can there be any judgement regarding a pick before the season has played out?

    I get the "reach" part of it, and sure that may come to bite them later, but they needed a QB and took one.
    So why are you even commenting?!

    People like you are big turds.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    So why are you even commenting?!

    People like you are big turds.
    Im commenting to show my disagreement with the OP.

    Why are you posting, other than to call me feces?
    Last edited by sdJETSetter; 05-13-2013 at 02:01 PM.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't disagree with you commenting

    only with the content of your comment

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    ****!!!

    i wanted him there another decade or so..

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I don't disagree with you commenting

    only with the content of your comment
    Thanks Stan. Sheesh, isnt disagreement what makes this fun?

  13. #13
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    So why are you even commenting?!

    People like you are big turds.
    Who is that in your signature?

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    4,302
    Post Thanks / Like
    EJ Manuel sucks. Saw a few FSU games last year and he didn't impress me at all. Bills have a better chance with Kolb.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,249
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Honestly III, do you think people will be analyzing the pick and labeling it a reach if Manuel pans out?
    Using that logic you could have defended the Bills if they had taken Tyler Bray in the first round. Any player CAN pan out, the question is whether they took the player too early. I like Manuel, but no way ahead of Geno and no way in the first round.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Using that logic you could have defended the Bills if they had taken Tyler Bray in the first round. Any player CAN pan out, the question is whether they took the player too early. I like Manuel, but no way ahead of Geno and no way in the first round.
    Im not defending the bills, but who cares where he was picked as long as he is a good player, and how can we know if he is good until he plays?

    I get the point that "they reached" for him forst round when all the analysts said that was too high, but how can any of this be judged until his worth is shown on the field.

    Is it merely, "he was picked to early, so the Bills are lame"?

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,683
    Post Thanks / Like
    List of his achievements from wikipedia
    He extended the contract of running back Fred Jackson[3] before Jackson was allowed to hit free agency. He also extended quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick's contract.[4] This cleared the way for him to work to re-sign wide receiver Stevie Johnson once he hit free agency and then work to improve his defense by adding Mario Williams.

    You just cannot make it up, people.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK well Nix was AWFUL. Behind only Tannenbaum he was the worst in the NFL. Now it looks like Jerruh is cemented in as worst in the league.

    At least Sanchez made the AFC Championship game twice before he was extended.

    Nix extended Fitzpatrick based on 4 good games 6 games into a season.

    He then went on and signed Mario Williams last year, and a team with Marcell Dareus, Williams, and Kyle Williams was absolutely awful against the run.

    While his first round picks were OK up until this year (although the jury is still largely out on Dareus and Gilmore,) Manuel is simply too large of a gamble for a team with so many holes.

    How would you have reacted if the Jets took Manuel with the 13th pick?

    Because Manuel is even more raw than Cam Newton is/was, and Newton hasn't really been that great since his first 8 games in the league.

    Furthermore, this is a team in a pretty awful area, in a bad stadium, with a dying and senile owner, that had to make an overrated Defensive End the highest paid player on defense in the league to have him even consider coming there.

    And I'm not saying Williams is bad, but it's mind-blowing that he is getting paid like that and couldn't help against the run at all?

    This team has been waitiing for next year, for YEARS.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    List of his achievements from wikipedia
    He extended the contract of running back Fred Jackson[3] before Jackson was allowed to hit free agency. He also extended quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick's contract.[4] This cleared the way for him to work to re-sign wide receiver Stevie Johnson once he hit free agency and then work to improve his defense by adding Mario Williams.

    You just cannot make it up, people.
    His hiring at all was essentially indication that Ralphie had finally lost it.

    You NEVER hire anybody who has ANYTHING to do with AJ Smith.

    AJ Smith built up then essentially destroyed a Super Bowl-caliber roster because of his own ego.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    13,056
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackJets View Post
    Who is that in your signature?
    Solid 1st post!

    Cristina Del Basso

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us