Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Tisch: Jets may have cost Tebow his career

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    By your logic, I guess that means that 32 NFL GMs/Teams all think Dwight Freeny and Brian Urlacher suck or have no value?

We are at a time in Free Agency where there is normally a lull. Teams want to see what their younger guys can do along with the guys they picked up in the draft.
    Difference being that those guys are old and are at the end of their careers. Lot of times, teams are more interested in getting younger instead.of paying a guy past his prime for a year or two. Tim, otoh, is 25 with only 3 years in the league. He's in his prime and nobody wants him.

"While Goodell has no ability to compel teams to sign certain players, he surely can make recommendations or pose innocuous questions that reveal his preferences.

He doesn’t have to do that. Via his comments to the league-owned media conglomerate, the 32 teams know where the boss stands: Tebow is good for the broader business interests of the league.

So is there’s anyone looking to score points with the Commish (or, in the case of the Saints, to continue to work their way out of the doghouse), giving Tebow a chance could help in that regard."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ow-in-the-nfl/

In reality, the Jets didn't ruin his future because the only other team that wanted him before we traded for him was Jacksonville. Tim ruined his own career by not being a good QB.

But, hey, it's not over for him. He's gotten offers from the AFl, A11FL, and whatever an "Omaha Beef" is.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    In reality, the Jets didn't ruin his future because the only other team that wanted him before we traded for him was Jacksonville. Tim ruined his own career by not being a good QB.

But, hey, it's not over for him. He's gotten offers from the AFl, A11FL, and whatever an "Omaha Beef" is.
    He was offered a job by the Philadelphia Soul as well, so he has that going for him.

Tebow can be a pretty good quarterback but he's been blacklisted because of his outward religious beliefs. I've never seen anyone so attacked because of thier beliefs before. Can't imagine a muslim or a Jew being attacked this way. Tim Tebow isn't in the NFL for his football playing, he isn't in the NFL because people hate evangelical type Christians in this country, that is the bottom line...

He'll get another shot, but he'll have to wait for a QB to go down somewhere this season. The ridicule and hatred of this guy because of his beliefs is disgusting. You would think muslims and Jews would come to his defense having suffered this same kind of persecution themselves, but so far none of them has said a word in his defense. Pretty damned disgusting if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He was offered a job by the Philadelphia Soul as well, so he has that going for him.
    See? HEAPS of offers.

At the end of the day, the guy just isn't that good. And that's ok, because most aren't. Not everyone is NFL material. But, crying injustice and blaming everyone but the guy who should be blamed, Tebow, isn't right. Disagree with me if you want, but the proof is a chant from teams all across the league: "No, we are not interested in Tim Tebow".

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Tebow can be a pretty good quarterback but he's been blacklisted because of his outward religious beliefs. I've never seen anyone so attacked because of thier beliefs before. Can't imagine a muslim or a Jew being attacked this way. Tim Tebow isn't in the NFL for his football playing, he isn't in the NFL because people hate evangelical type Christians in this country, that is the bottom line...

He'll get another shot, but he'll have to wait for a QB to go down somewhere this season. The ridicule and hatred of this guy because of his beliefs is disgusting. You would think muslims and Jews would come to his defense having suffered this same kind of persecution themselves, but so far none of them has said a word in his defense. Pretty damned disgusting if you ask me.
    Wrong. Nobody cares about his religion. There are plenty of Christians in the league who aren't blackballed. RG3, Ray Lewis, etc. The difference is that, unlike Tim, those players are good at their positions.

Using a martyr complex is just pathetic.

Difference being that those guys are old and are at the end of their careers. Lot of times, teams are more interested in getting younger instead.of paying a guy past his prime for a year or two. Tim, otoh, is 25 with only 3 years in the league. He's in his prime and nobody wants him.
    Those guys are "older" but still have several very good seasons left in them. Both will end up with another team before the season starts.

As I said, it's a lull in the FA season, one that happens every year.

Hall Of Fame
    Wrong. Nobody cares about his religion. There are plenty of Christians in the league who aren't blackballed. RG3, Ray Lewis, etc. The difference is that, unlike Tim, those players are good at their positions.

But, but, but it HAS to be because of his religious beleifs, it couldnt possibly be because of his long, clunky, inaccurate throwing motion.

No one can blame you for saying that. You're safe right now. You haven't deviated one bit from the party line. You're safe, no need to take a stand. You're in with the mob, here's your pitchfork and your torch. No one will point you out and say you were the one who defended him. You're safe in the crowd, no one sees you, and no one will blame you. You won't have to stand on your own here. You're safe.

Those guys are "older" but still have several very good seasons left in them. Both will end up with another team before the season starts.

As I said, it's a lull in the FA season, one that happens every year.
    Perhaps. Tebow, however, most likely won't. That's too bad for him and I wish him the best, but he's got no one to blame but himself.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Clearly teams don't think he's very talented.... the idea that the Jets, the Broncos, or anyone else "ruined his career" is silly. Even if he was in a bad situation, it's not like a player with talent would lose his ability to have value, if teams thought he had a lot of value, he'd be signed already. Some team may take a chance on him at some point, after all there are a lot of players still out there in free agency. Clearly if teams thought he was very good, he'd be signed already.
    It's simply a question of perception. Tebow beat the Steelers in the playoffs and had some pretty extraordinary moments. Agree that talent will allow you to rise to a certain level, but at the same time Elway did not help his cause or advocate for him. I think it was more than football talent - I believe Elway didn't like him or his public profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberjet View Post
    It's simply a question of perception. Tebow beat the Steelers in the playoffs and had some pretty extraordinary moments. Agree that talent will allow you to rise to a certain level, but at the same time Elway did not help his cause or advocate for him. I think it was more than football talent - I believe Elway didn't like him or his public profile.
    While Elway was a great quarterback I just don't like him. He's a coward and a two-faced lowlife. He gave this kid no credit for what he did for him that year and discarded him like he was nothing. He could have done more for him, advocated for him, done something, but instead he showed that he's a feckless coward and a user. I have no use for the guy.

Food for thought, but Brady Quinn, Charlie Whitehurst and Colt McCoy all have jobs as NFL QBs. None of them have a winning record for any team that they've played for, while Tebow has a 9-7 record and a playoff victory.

Now, you want to say that he shouldn't be a starter, that's fine. But there's no way in hell you can sit there and honestly say that he's worse than all the 2nd and 3rd string QBs in the NFL.

Let's add some more names to that list. Ryan Lindley, John Skelton and Pat White.
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 05-14-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    But, but, but it HAS to be because of his religious beleifs, it couldnt possibly be because of his long, clunky, inaccurate throwing motion.
    The one that Vinnie Testaverde says isn't a problem ?

“He throws with what we call ‘effortless power.’ He doesn’t have that elongated motion anymore and his head isn’t moving 2 1/2 feet when he throws it.”

Food for thought, but Brady Quinn, Charlie Whitehurst and Colt McCoy all have jobs as NFL QBs. None of them have a winning record for any team that they've played for, while Tebow has a 9-7 record and a playoff victory.

Now, you want to say that he shouldn't be a starter, that's fine. But there's no way in hell you can sit there and honestly say that he's worse than all the 2nd and 3rd string QBs in the NFL.
    You're precisely right, it's more than just football, it's religious hatred that keeping this kid from having a job right now and it's disgusting. The kid did well for the Broncos, helped save their season, had their fans up on their feet cheering, gave them a playoff win over the Steelers, and what did that feckless coward Elway do for him in the end? NOTHING... Not a damned thing...

John Elway goes down as one of the lowest people on planet Earth in my book.

No one can blame you for saying that. You're safe right now. You haven't deviated one bit from the party line. You're safe, no need to take a stand. You're in with the mob, here's your pitchfork and your torch. No one will point you out and say you were the one who defended him. You're safe in the crowd, no one sees you, and no one will blame you. You won't have to stand on your own here. You're safe.
    Except that I used to be very much in Christianity myself and used to say the same things that you did. Then, I woke up and started using critical thought and realized that it was an excuse.

Christians have held the majority in this Country for a long time, and that certainly crosses over into the NFL. You're literally saying the majority is somehow being hunted. They're not. Tim just isn't very good.

Except that I used to be very much in Christianity myself and used to say the same things that you did. Then, I woke up and started using critical thought and realized that it was an excuse.

Christians have held the majority in this Country for a long time, and that certainly crosses over into the NFL. You're literally saying the majority is somehow being hunted. They're not. Tim just isn't very good.
    So you're admitting bias here. Exactly as I suspected. Fact is we don't know if Tebow is any good because the Jets never gave him even an entire game to play in what turned out to be a lost season. All we know is that he motivated a Broncos team that probably should have finished 3-13 that year.

I'm not a particularly religious person myself, I don't go to church at all, most of it is hypocrisy to me, but this kid doesn't deserve to have his career altered for his beliefs... What's right is RIGHT, and this isn't right.

You're precisely right, it's more than just football, it's religious hatred that keeping this kid from having a job right now and it's disgusting. The kid did well for the Broncos, helped save their season, had their fans up on their feet cheering, gave them a playoff win over the Steelers, and what did that feckless coward Elway do for him in the end? NOTHING... Not a damned thing...

John Elway goes down as one of the lowest people on planet Earth in my book.
    Tebow's religion is what made him a celebrity and millions of dollars... Stop with the whining and acting like he is some sort of victim. If he could actually THROW THE BALL we wouldn't even be having this discussion

Let's add some more names to that list. Ryan Lindley, John Skelton and Pat White.
    None of those guys bring cult like fanbases with them wherever they go, either. Lindley and company certainly shouldn't be in the league, but that doesn't automatically mean Tebow should. The guy is overrated and has lived off the success of Denver's defense and Matt Prater. I'm not going to argue.this again for the same reason that I'm not going to argue fire being hot: we already know.

You may not agree, but HCs and GMs with jobs on the line do. Deal with it.