Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 177

Thread: Steve Tisch: Jets may have cost Tebow his career

  1. #101
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,815
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Michael Vick drowns and electrocutes dogs to death but he's okay. Tebow loves God and that's something he should be thrown out of the NFL for...


    You CANNOT make this stuff up, but then why would you?
    What are you taking about? Most people despise Vick.

    You are seriously delusional. Seek help.

  2. #102
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Damn, and here I was thinking that it might have something to do with 2 NCAA Championships, being the first underclassman to win a Heisman, being a three time Heisman finalist (iirc), and having been one of the greatest college QBs to ever play the game.
    Dude you are corresponding with a bunch of brainwashed degenerates who get their opinions straight from the sports talk shows, they have no opinion of their own. Somebody says something on tv or the radio and they repeat it. My sister is the same way with Oprah, she has only Oprah's opinion in her head, not her own. lol It's just the way it is.

  3. #103
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Yeah, ever watch Boomer Esiason? Ken Stabler? Mark Brunell? All exceptionally gifted quarterbacks who were awkward as hell because they were all lefty's.

    Tebow is a lefty. They all look awkward. Get off the kids back. This is stupid and wrong.
    LOL. Yes, Tebow is simply misunderstood because he's lefthanded.

    There are 32 general managers in the NFL. Professionals, people who have been around the game their entire lives. People who earn millions of dollars and spend every waking moment evaluating players. None of them want Tim Tebow. None of them.

    And you think they are all misjudging Tim Tebow because he's left handed, and "all" lefthanders look "awkward".

  4. #104
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    I'm not a Tebowite, J-off...

    Follow my posts, I'm not a Tebow fanboy. I just don't think he sucks like you say he does. I think he could be a damn good quarterback with a winning record if the hysteria could be toned down a bit. You're like one of these racist white guys in the stands when Jackie Robinson first came into the league, hurling your hateful insults regardless of what the mans talent was. Stop with the hysteria and give the kid a chance, that's all I'm saying.
    If you think Tebow can "be a damn good Quarterback" and you are lamenting his mistreatment as some form of hatred for Christians, and think the only reason he's not in the league is religious descrimination......then yes, you are a typical ill informed Tebowite.

    Going to go out on a limb here, and guessing you share Tebow's faith, right? You may try and deny it now, but I think we all know better.

    TLDR: Tebow is gone. Tebowites here only for Tebow need to go ahead and go with him.

    Best of luck at "ArenaFootballLeagueInsider.com" this coming season.

  5. #105
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,667
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Dude you are corresponding with a bunch of brainwashed degenerates who get their opinions straight from the sports talk shows, they have no opinion of their own. Somebody says something on tv or the radio and they repeat it. My sister is the same way with Oprah, she has only Oprah's opinion in her head, not her own. lol It's just the way it is.
    LOL...the delusion runs deep with you doesnt it???

  6. #106
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Express View Post


    LOL. Yes, Tebow is simply misunderstood because he's lefthanded.

    There are 32 general managers in the NFL. Professionals, people who have been around the game their entire lives. People who earn millions of dollars and spend every waking moment evaluating players. None of them want Tim Tebow. None of them.

    And you think they are all misjudging Tim Tebow because he's left handed, and "all" lefthanders look "awkward".
    No I think they're all cowards like John Elway. I think they're afraid of the backlash they would get in the media and from the fanbase. It has nothing to do with football, it has to do with public relations.

  7. #107
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...the delusion runs deep with you doesnt it???
    Yes, and also with you...



    Wow now it sounds like we're in church doesn't it?

  8. #108
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,815
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    YEah, Denver's D marched 90+ yards down the field against the Jets for a game winning TD. Guess that was Champ Bailey who threw for 316 against Steelers?
    No, but they did pick off Sanchez and return it for 6 to keep them in the game. Meanwhile, Tebow had a whole 1 good drive the entire.game. Whoa,.really got me there.

    I've always given Tim credit and props for the Pittsburgh game. However, that was not the norm. For Tim, the norm was completing less than half his passes, constantly going 3 & out, and being utterly ineffective.

    Again, you don't agree, but the league does. Cry to them about it, mate.

  9. #109
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL....really?? The mob surrounding Tebow are fans like YOURSELF...LOL.. YOU guys are the reason some GMs want nothing to do with your boy. YOU asshats are the ones that cause the distractions, not the opposition to Tebow. Its this kind of delusion from the Tebow fan base that turns people against Tebow.
    Actually, he's dead on point with this one. Go back and look at the history here in this forum. Guess what ? Their weren't any mobs of Tebow fans. There were maybe 5-7 of us. That was countered by a HUGE number of YOU ASSHATS.

  10. #110
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    If you think Tebow can "be a damn good Quarterback" and you are lamenting his mistreatment as some form of hatred for Christians, and think the only reason he's not in the league is religious descrimination......then yes, you are a typical ill informed Tebowite.

    Going to go out on a limb here, and guessing you share Tebow's faith, right? You may try and deny it now, but I think we all know better.

    TLDR: Tebow is gone. Tebowites here only for Tebow need to go ahead and go with him.

    Best of luck at "ArenaFootballLeagueInsider.com" this coming season.
    What do you mean "share his faith"? I don't care what his faith is. He could be a Jew with a star of David on his uniform and I wouldn't care, UNTIL someone tried to oust him from the league over it! And that's exactly what you morons are trying to do with this kid. It's best you just admit it now because you're posts clearly indicate it.

  11. #111
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    No I think they're all cowards like John Elway. I think they're afraid of the backlash they would get in the media and from the fanbase. It has nothing to do with football, it has to do with public relations.
    Yes. I'm sure you're right.

    Thirty two professional football general managers are all more concerned about public relations than winning championships.

    So much so that they'd pass on Tim Tebow - who'd obviously put them over the top if only they weren't so scared of the media.

    LOL...you're even more of a joke than Tebow.

  12. #112
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,883
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Actually, he's dead on point with this one. Go back and look at the history here in this forum. Guess what ? Their weren't any mobs of Tebow fans. There were maybe 5-7 of us. That was countered by a HUGE number of YOU ASSHATS.
    Adult males that become fans of a certain team because of a singular player are hands down the most pathetic fans in all of sports. We don't take kindly to your type

  13. #113
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    The irony runs deep in this thread.

    Over 100 posts about a player who hasn't done anything relevant in 17 months. And people wonder why GMs want nothing to do with the guy.

    Unlike Vick, Tebow is a polarizing figure who's on-the-field performance doesn't even justify his status as polarizing.

  14. #114
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    No, but they did pick off Sanchez and return it for 6 to keep them in the game. Meanwhile, Tebow had a whole 1 good drive the entire.game. Whoa,.really got me there.

    I've always given Tim credit and props for the Pittsburgh game. However, that was not the norm. For Tim, the norm was completing less than half his passes, constantly going 3 & out, and being utterly ineffective.

    Again, you don't agree, but the league does. Cry to them about it, mate.

    And many other NFL QBs have had defenses keep them in games. IF we were talking about a 3rd or 4th year QB with 50+ games under his belt, I might agree with you. But we are talking about a kid who has only had 16 starts and he won 9 of them.

    As for being ineffective, go back and look at the Bronco's last year. See how they did early in the season running McCoy and Fox's offense. Anyone who has a clue about football noticed when they changed to running the offense Manning ran with the Colts.

    That's the funniest damned thing here. People will give all these reasons that Mark Sanchez was hampered, and some of them are actually valid. BUT, they can't or won't realize that Tebow ran into some of the same things.

    Look at Sanchez's stats his first year. Most would say "well, he was a rookie, so it's understandable that his stats weren't the greatest". Guess what? They would be correct. Mark had what would be considered a "good rookie year". Tebow's stats through his first 16 starts were BETTER than Sanchez's (save for comp %). But of course, they'll say that Tebow sucks.

    The double standard is amazing.

  15. #115
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Express View Post
    Yes. I'm sure you're right.

    Thirty two professional football general managers are all more concerned about public relations than winning championships.

    So much so that they'd pass on Tim Tebow - who'd obviously put them over the top if only they weren't so scared of the media.

    LOL...you're even more of a joke than Tebow.
    Look, you hire Tebow and what you gonna get? Massive scrutiny across the NFL landscape, tv cameras everywhere, questions everyday about Tebow, people questioning your move because they've been brainwashed by radio and tv sports talk jocks. That's why Tebow hasn't found a team yet. His past record warrants a job in the NFL, why isn't he signed somewhere? QB's were signed in the 6th and 7th round this year. There will be walk-on QB's who will be signed. Tebow is worse than all of them?


    Time to WAKE UP from your brainwashing sir...

  16. #116
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Adult males that become fans of a certain team because of a singular player are hands down the most pathetic fans in all of sports. We don't take kindly to your type
    Actually, dumb asses like you are the most pathetic fans.

  17. #117
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Adult males that become fans of a certain team because of a singular player are hands down the most pathetic fans in all of sports. We don't take kindly to your type

    Ironically this is probably coming from a black man...

  18. #118
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,883
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    And many other NFL QBs have had defenses keep them in games. IF we were talking about a 3rd or 4th year QB with 50+ games under his belt, I might agree with you. But we are talking about a kid who has only had 16 starts and he won 9 of them.

    As for being ineffective, go back and look at the Bronco's last year. See how they did early in the season running McCoy and Fox's offense. Anyone who has a clue about football noticed when they changed to running the offense Manning ran with the Colts.

    That's the funniest damned thing here. People will give all these reasons that Mark Sanchez was hampered, and some of them are actually valid. BUT, they can't or won't realize that Tebow ran into some of the same things.

    Look at Sanchez's stats his first year. Most would say "well, he was a rookie, so it's understandable that his stats weren't the greatest". Guess what? They would be correct. Mark had what would be considered a "good rookie year". Tebow's stats through his first 16 starts were BETTER than Sanchez's (save for comp %). But of course, they'll say that Tebow sucks.

    The double standard is amazing.
    This isn't college. I like how you dismiss completion % conveniently because of how horribly inaccurate he is. Completion percentage matters. It's a passing league. That's why Sanchez is on his way out of the league and he's a significantly more accurate passer than tebow

  19. #119
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,815
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regardless, Tebow is now out of the league (likely for good). The league has spoken, and they aren't interested in the kid. Good luck to him in all his future endeavors.

  20. #120
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Look, you hire Tebow and what you gonna get? Massive scrutiny across the NFL landscape, tv cameras everywhere, questions everyday about Tebow, people questioning your move because they've been brainwashed by radio and tv sports talk jocks. That's why Tebow hasn't found a team yet. His past record warrants a job in the NFL, why isn't he signed somewhere? QB's were signed in the 6th and 7th round this year. There will be walk-on QB's who will be signed. Tebow is worse than all of them?


    Time to WAKE UP from your brainwashing sir...
    What's funny is that this is 100% accurate. What's not accurate is your contention that his lack of signing has anything to do with his religious beliefs.

    Most people here believe Tim Tebow will not be signed because his level of skill does NOT outweigh the "negative" attention (or distraction) that he would create with any team he signs with.

    What you're seeing right now (and will likely continue to see) is that most NFL GMs agree with that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us