Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Steve Tisch: Jets may have cost Tebow his career

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Ironically this is probably coming from a black man...
    What if it is? Would you prefer I be a nice Christian white boy?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Actually, dumb asses like you are the most pathetic fans.
    Ironically this is probably coming from a black man...
    LOL....you guys are perfect for each other.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

**** tebow up his allegedly virgin ass.

What do you mean "share his faith"?
    Are you being consciously obtuse? The term "share his faith" is pretty clear as to its meaning.

I don't care what his faith is.
    Obviously you do.

He could be a Jew with a star of David on his uniform and I wouldn't care, UNTIL someone tried to oust him from the league over it!
    Except the NFL is full of Christians, some very open about it, and yet none of them have been pushed out of the league, thus nullifying your ill informed argument.

And that's exactly what you morons are trying to do with this kid.
    We JETS Fans don't care about Tebow or his faith now. He's gone.

It's only you Tebowites, worshiping your false idol, that seem to be holding on.

Again, perhaps you need to move along to whatever team or league forum Tebow will be playing for next year.

I hear "OmahaBeefInsider" is looking for posters.

Tim Tebow's career passer rating is 75.3

Mark Sanchez is 71.7

Andrew Luck's what 76.5 last year.

Tebow's completion percentage was only 46.7 in 2011 but he stepped into the job when the Broncos were 1-4 and got sacked 33 times in 11 games, which I think was the highest sack percentage in the NFL that year.

Time to grow up and get de-brainwashed already. The kid could be a good player if he's actually given a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Are you being consciously obtuse? The term "share his faith" is pretty clear as to its meaning.

Obviously you do.

Except the NFL is full of Christians, some very open about it, and yet none of them have been pushed out of the league, thus nullifying your ill informed argument.

We JETS Fans don't care about Tebow or his faith now. He's gone.

It's only you Tebowites, worshiping your false idol, that seem to be holding on.

Again, perhaps you need to move along to whatever team or league forum Tebow will be playing for next year.

I hear "OmahaBeefInsider" is looking for posters.

Uh, clown... I've probably been a Jets fan at least as long as you and probably longer. I realize you have nothing against Tebow, he's just the latest player to be torn to shreds by impatient Jets fans (remember Pennington and the cheers when he went down? Remember Clemens getting thrown to the lions in the arena? Sure you do, you were there).

All I'm waiting for is Geno Smith to have a bad game or two and you'll turn on him like wolves and rip him to shreds too. No patience and no class, the hallmarks of Jets fans since time in memoriam.

Hall Of Fame
    Tim Tebow's career passer rating is 75.3

Mark Sanchez is 71.7

Andrew Luck's what 76.5 last year.

Tebow's completion percentage was only 46.7 in 2011 but he stepped into the job when the Broncos were 1-4 and got sacked 33 times in 11 games, which I think was the highest sack percentage in the NFL that year.

Time to grow up and get de-brainwashed already. The kid could be a good player if he's actually given a chance.
    You are right, how could we not see the Andrew Luck comparisons. Shame on us.....LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    What if it is? Would you prefer I be a nice Christian white boy?
    I prefer you not put on your white KKK sheet and act like your father did in 1927...

Is that too much to ask?

I prefer you not put on your white KKK sheet and act like your father did in 1927...

Is that too much to ask?
    Can somebody translate this for me? Either this guy is extremely stupid or there's some reference here that I'm not getting

Can somebody translate this for me? Either this guy is extremely stupid or there's some reference here that I'm not getting
    I think you've been referred to as a black man and a KKK descendant in a matter of 30 minutes.

Only in a Tebow thread...

Hall Of Fame
    Clearly you are a black man whos father was in the KKK.

If Tebow's career is over he has only himself to blame for it. He's a great athlete, he just isn't a QB and likely never will be. If he had been willing to just play what the CS wanted him to play, he'd be a fixture on an NFL roster already. He just has this unhealthy insistence of wanting to be a QB.

Uh, clown... I've probably been a Jets fan at least as long as you and probably longer. I realize you have nothing against Tebow, he's just the latest player to be torn to shreds by impatient Jets fans (remember Pennington and the cheers when he went down? Remember Clemens getting thrown to the lions in the arena? Sure you do, you were there).

All I'm waiting for is Geno Smith to have a bad game or two and you'll turn on him like wolves and rip him to shreds too. No patience and no class, the hallmarks of Jets fans since time in memoriam.
    The problem is you clearly cannot seperate your own personal religious-based biases from objective football facts.

1. Tebow is a non-Traditional QB with minimal passing skills and a poor throwing motion.

2. Tebow, to potentially thrive, would require an entire offense to be built around his specific skillset.

3. Tim Tebow comes with a massive fan and media hype-machine that is a distraction to the team.

4. No NFL GM is going to risk his career aquiring a QB that to have ANY chance of winning requires the replacement and aquisition of 10 other players suited specificly to supporting Tebow, a Coach and O-Co willing to suffer through that transition, and the media and fan yammering that goes along with it.

5. His faith, the same faith shared by a majority of players in NFL right now, is a non-issue. It's the obsessive compulsive borderline insane "fans" that share his faith and see Tebow not as a human being and player, but as some kind of Religious-Political totem or idol to be worshiped and pushed forward to represent all the downtrodden and descriminated Christians in America today.

6. Your posts thus far only serve to reinforce the sterotype most of us have about Tebow Fans.

This has nothing to do with typical fan lack of patience. There was nothing to have patience with, Tebow was never the QB of the New York Jets and was never going to be. He had a chance to impress the staff, and he did not, a point made clear when Rex choose to start McEljoke over Tebow. Thats not on fans, not on Rex, that is on Tim Tebow and Tim Tebow alone. He is simply not good enough to win a QB job in this league, because he is not a typical QB.

It is very easy to say "take a risk" oN tebow when it's not your money, job or team on the line, and you enjoy the emdia/fan frenxy over Tebow rather than see it as the team-killing distraction it is.

Any team who brings Tebow on would oso as a flier, and as a backup. Any any team that does that is signing up for the crush of fans we got when Tebow was signed, all demnding Tebow, Tebow, Tebow.

I liek Tim Tebow, I think he's an excellent role model. I'd be proud to have him represent the NY Jets, even if I disagree whole heartedly with his faith. I wish he wasn't such an odd duck QB, but he is. And I wish he didn't come with the massive baggage of ido worship and expectation, but he does.

Proclaiming every GM in the NFL to be a bigoted hateful coward does not serve Tim tebow, it serves his detractors. It shows, clearly, that many of his fans see this as about more than football, more than on-field play, but as a Religious Crusade.

And again, given who and what Tebow is and can do, no NFL GM is going to risk their job on that hand. Rightfully so.
    Last edited by Churchill; 05-14-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    His dad is Clayton Bigsby, lol.

Hall Of Fame
    WTF?! WHY are you Tebowites still here?!

And NOBODY HATES HIM BECAUSE HE IS A "CHRISTIAN" (which I personally do not consider him to be)

NOBODY LIKES HIM BECAUSE HE FVCKING SUCKS AND WAS A COMPLETE WASTE OF A ROSTER SPOT!

Fvcking psycho stalkers! That's what you Tebow fans are like!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    His dad is Clayton Bigsby, lol.
    Haha... GOLD!

Tebow's religion is what made him a celebrity and millions of dollars... Stop with the whining and acting like he is some sort of victim. If he could actually THROW THE BALL we wouldn't even be having this discussion
    Tebow setting multiple SEC records and being 2nd all time in NCAA career passer efficiency and winning the Heisman, and being a finalist a second time, are what made him his money, along with I don't know, say taking a team to the playoffs and setting the Denver Broncos franchise record for quarterback rating in a playoff game.

Look, you hire Tebow and what you gonna get? Massive scrutiny across the NFL landscape, tv cameras everywhere, questions everyday about Tebow, people questioning your move because they've been brainwashed by radio and tv sports talk jocks. That's why Tebow hasn't found a team yet. His past record warrants a job in the NFL, why isn't he signed somewhere? QB's were signed in the 6th and 7th round this year. There will be walk-on QB's who will be signed. Tebow is worse than all of them?

Time to WAKE UP from your brainwashing sir...
    Here's why he wasn't signed this year, plain and simple. He is a terrible thrower. Terrible. People are quick to say RG3, Newton, Kaepernick, etc are all similar in style, I counter that all of them can throw the ball. Quite well actually.

So if an NFL team wants to go with Tebow, they need to do so with the commitment that they will need to completely overhaul their philosophy on offense to one that has shown in the past to not be effective. You can not run an option offense in the NFL with the legitimate threat off a pass. You can not without it. Tebow does not pose that threat. This is why 58 minutes of most games he played he looked out an out horrible. You can not sustain that kind of football. All sorts of anomolys happen in the NFL over short periods of time, but there is not one coach or GM that is going to put THEIR job on the line completely overhauling their team and philosophy to accomodate Tim's style. Either Tim starts truly learning to throw the ball in some form that nearly resembles an NFL QB or he will not be playing in the NFL. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Tebow setting multiple SEC records and being 2nd all time in NCAA career passer efficiency and winning the Heisman, and being a finalist a second time, are what made him his money, along with I don't know, say taking a team to the playoffs and setting the Denver Broncos franchise record for quarterback rating in a playoff game.
    Collin Klein was a heisman finalist last year and went undrafted. Tebow should have been a 4th round pick... His commercial appeal is what made him a first rounder. Hell he could probably be the governor of Florida. Doesn't mean his game translates to the NFL

Collin Klein was a heisman finalist last year and went undrafted. Tebow should have been a 4th round pick... His commercial appeal is what made him a first rounder. Hell he could probably be the governor of Florida. Doesn't mean his game translates to the NFL
    Denver Broncos franchise record playoff passer rating.