Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 177

Thread: Steve Tisch: Jets may have cost Tebow his career

  1. #141
    And Tebow was a Heisman winner, not a just a finalist. Klein had no chance of winning it.

  2. #142
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,453
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Denver Broncos franchise record playoff passer rating.
    Delusion.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Denver Broncos franchise record playoff passer rating.
    talking points
    tim tebow is 19/47 in the postseason. are you really trying to tell us that he was a better passer for the broncos than elway? are you delusional or do you think we're stupid? take your agenda somewhere else

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    And Tebow was a Heisman winner, not a just a finalist. Klein had no chance of winning it.
    klein got signed by an NFL team. what's tebow doing?

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Yeah, ever watch Boomer Esiason? Ken Stabler? Mark Brunell? All exceptionally gifted quarterbacks who were awkward as hell because they were all lefty's.

    Tebow is a lefty. They all look awkward.
    Those guys actually threw it to the receivers.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Tebow can be a pretty good quarterback but he's been blacklisted because of his outward religious beliefs. I've never seen anyone so attacked because of thier beliefs before. Can't imagine a muslim or a Jew being attacked this way. Tim Tebow isn't in the NFL for his football playing, he isn't in the NFL because people hate evangelical type Christians in this country, that is the bottom line...


    He'll get another shot, but he'll have to wait for a QB to go down somewhere this season. The ridicule and hatred of this guy because of his beliefs is disgusting. You would think muslims and Jews would come to his defense having suffered this same kind of persecution themselves, but so far none of them has said a word in his defense. Pretty damned disgusting if you ask me.
    I don't care about his beliefs. I just hate listening to his irrational fans. He plays like **** and the broncos win despite his poor play and his fans misinterpret it as "he just wins." He gets dumped and winds up on the jets and can't beat out Sanchez or McElroy and he's talked about more than people who actually contribute.

    Nothing against Tebow. He's like any other marginal player not good enough for the nfl. It's just his annoyingly irrational fans talking incessantly about a guy who can't play

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I don't care about his beliefs. I just hate listening to his irrational fans. He plays like **** and the broncos win despite his poor play and his fans misinterpret it as "he just wins." He gets dumped and winds up on the jets and can't beat out Sanchez or McElroy and he's talked about more than people who actually contribute.

    Nothing against Tebow. He's like any other marginal player not good enough for the nfl. It's just his annoyingly irrational fans talking incessantly about a guy who can't play
    Reading some of the other posts...I do wonder if his irrational fan base hurts his chances of being picked up. It was great when he was on Denver and we could laugh at the Denver fans chanting for him. There were some outstanding NYT articles that year describing some of their wins and his uncanny ability to hand off.

    Then he came to the jets and it SUCKED being a fan and having to listen to incessant talk of a backup not good enough to beat out freaking Sanchez or McElroy.

    I am sorry for the fans of any team he goes to, but I do wonder if gms are also cognizant of his effect and if that hurts his chances. If Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady came with that irrational following and press, you'd deal with it since they are elite talents. But Tebow is a marginal backup, so it probably hurts his chances

  8. #148
    But again, this is just one of many Tebow aftershocks. I hope his does well in whatever he does next. Jets are stupid broncos are dumb blah blah blah. All great - good luck, Tim! I'm sure his elite talent will show us all how foolish we are. As long as he's not here and we can stop obsessing about a backup, it's all good

  9. #149
    I pray the Bills or Dollfins pick him up to be their starting QB... I don't think New England would be that stupid.
    But I'd love nothing more than for that assclown to be starting Turd In Shotgun for Miami or Buffalo.

  10. #150
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Michael Vick drowns and electrocutes dogs to death but he's okay. Tebow loves God and that's something he should be thrown out of the NFL for...


    You CANNOT make this stuff up, but then why would you?
    Stop with the delusional persecution complex already.

  11. #151
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,937
    Many people to blame for Tebow's lack of a career.

    1. The media. They follow him around and make it very difficult for anyone to take a chance on him. Make it difficult for the owners, coaches, starting QB, and the 2nd string QB to justify what little good he could do.

    2. The Tebow fans. You cause all this hype, and create this uproar, and you guys are actually responsible for no one wanting the guy around. Blame yourselves.

    3. Tebow himself. He could have been traded if he was willing to switch positions, or he could have learned to throw sometime during the 15+ years he's been playing football. He also has carefully cultivated, and marketed his image. If he was a regular guy he would be a backup QB somewhere, with a chance to develop someday.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Delusion.
    what part of a fact is delusion? do you honestly believe that Tebow is not one of the 96 best QBs in the NFL?

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I don't care about his beliefs. I just hate listening to his irrational fans. He plays like **** and the broncos win despite his poor play and his fans misinterpret it as "he just wins." He gets dumped and winds up on the jets and can't beat out Sanchez or McElroy and he's talked about more than people who actually contribute.

    Nothing against Tebow. He's like any other marginal player not good enough for the nfl. It's just his annoyingly irrational fans talking incessantly about a guy who can't play
    NOBODY was going to beat out Sanchez last season because they had no intention of paying him the kind of money they owed him and then benching him. Didn't matter how Sanchez played, he was the starter and that was that. When they finally started McElroy they did it because they were afraid Tebow might actually look pretty good and then they'd have an actual quarterback controversy on their hands heading into this offseason where they again owed Sanchez a bunch of money.

    The fact that Tebow got no starts last season has nothing to do with Tebow himself, it has to do with MONEY and the refusal of the Jets front office and headcoach to admit that they made a big mistake drafting Sanchez.



    And with that, I will now buttwipe this entire irrational conversation from my memory... Carry on!

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    NOBODY was going to beat out Sanchez last season because they had no intention of paying him the kind of money they owed him and then benching him. Didn't matter how Sanchez played, he was the starter and that was that. When they finally started McElroy they did it because they were afraid Tebow might actually look pretty good and then they'd have an actual quarterback controversy on their hands heading into this offseason where they again owed Sanchez a bunch of money.

    The fact that Tebow got no starts last season has nothing to do with Tebow himself, it has to do with MONEY and the refusal of the Jets front office and headcoach to admit that they made a big mistake drafting Sanchez.



    And with that, I will now buttwipe this entire irrational conversation from my memory... Carry on!
    We are being irrational? GTFO here are tim tebow's stats from his miracle denver season:

    In 12 games, he accounted for 18TDs and 13TOs. He passed for 1729 yards (144yds a game) and completed 46.5% of his passes.

    What about any of that is good? People scream about how bad Sanchez is, look how terrible Tebow's stats were from the season that everyone of his adoring fans seems to reference. If you want to cherry pick his playoff game against Pitt, I could do the same with Sanchez and tell you how awesome he is. Truth is that he's a TERRIBLE QB and the only reason he is even relevant is BECAUSE of his outward religious beliefs. So please... don't act like his religion is hurting him, it's the only reason there is a conversation about him in the first place.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    NOBODY was going to beat out Sanchez last season because they had no intention of paying him the kind of money they owed him and then benching him. Didn't matter how Sanchez played, he was the starter and that was that. When they finally started McElroy they did it because they were afraid Tebow might actually look pretty good and then they'd have an actual quarterback controversy on their hands heading into this offseason where they again owed Sanchez a bunch of money.

    The fact that Tebow got no starts last season has nothing to do with Tebow himself, it has to do with MONEY and the refusal of the Jets front office and headcoach to admit that they made a big mistake drafting Sanchez.



    And with that, I will now buttwipe this entire irrational conversation from my memory... Carry on!
    I thought it was Tebow's religion?

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    what part of a fact is delusion? do you honestly believe that Tebow is not one of the 96 best QBs in the NFL?
    Apparently, 32 GMs at the moment feel that way.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    We are being irrational? GTFO here are tim tebow's stats from his miracle denver season:

    In 12 games, he accounted for 18TDs and 13TOs. He passed for 1729 yards (144yds a game) and completed 46.5% of his passes.

    What about any of that is good? People scream about how bad Sanchez is, look how terrible Tebow's stats were from the season that everyone of his adoring fans seems to reference. If you want to cherry pick his playoff game against Pitt, I could do the same with Sanchez and tell you how awesome he is. Truth is that he's a TERRIBLE QB and the only reason he is even relevant is BECAUSE of his outward religious beliefs. So please... don't act like his religion is hurting him, it's the only reason there is a conversation about him in the first place.
    Tebow's overall stats from his first 16 starts were better than Sanchez's in almost every meaningful statistical category. People correctly viewed Sanchez as a young QB with limited starting experience who wouldn't be expected to put up stellar numbers. It's the same way Eli was judged as well as most other young starting QBs.

    The thought is that it takes time to become accustomed to the NFL. Young QBs tend to need time to actually develop when they haven't had the benefit of riding the bench for 3 years.

    This is why most young starters are given a fairly long leash.

    What most Tebow supporters that I know say is that Tebow's stats were on par with those of most other QBs over their first 16 starts. Yes, he had problems and some major things that needed to be improved upon, but so do/did most other young starting QBs.

  18. #158
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Tebow's overall stats from his first 16 starts were better than Sanchez's in almost every meaningful statistical category. People correctly viewed Sanchez as a young QB with limited starting experience who wouldn't be expected to put up stellar numbers. It's the same way Eli was judged as well as most other young starting QBs.

    The thought is that it takes time to become accustomed to the NFL. Young QBs tend to need time to actually develop when they haven't had the benefit of riding the bench for 3 years.

    This is why most young starters are given a fairly long leash.

    What most Tebow supporters that I know say is that Tebow's stats were on par with those of most other QBs over their first 16 starts. Yes, he had problems and some major things that needed to be improved upon, but so do/did most other young starting QBs.
    why are all NFL teams unwilling to sign Teblow??

    not because of his religion


    not because he sucks as a quarterback

    primarily because of the expected infestion of Teblow fans such as this into their fan base

  19. #159
    Tebow is an almost bottom of the barrel qb with a hof schtick while Sanchez is the bottom of the barrell qb with no schtick other than banging hot women. Only the hardest of trolls can support either of these guys. I love when Tebow fans point at Sanchez to say Tebow is NFL quality and when Sanchize fans point at Tebow to show his quality. Sanchez will be 4th string in KC while Tebow sits in the booth next year. Sanchez humiliated himself, his team mates, his coaches and the organization over and over again in the national spot light while Tebow couldnt even earn his way onto the field. What a joke the fan boys are of these two.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasemuir View Post
    Tebow is an almost bottom of the barrel qb with a hof schtick while Sanchez is the bottom of the barrell qb with no schtick other than banging hot women. Only the hardest of trolls can support either of these guys. I love when Tebow fans point at Sanchez to say Tebow is NFL quality and when Sanchize fans point at Tebow to show his quality. Sanchez will be 4th string in KC while Tebow sits in the booth next year. Sanchez humiliated himself, his team mates, his coaches and the organization over and over again in the national spot light while Tebow couldnt even earn his way onto the field. What a joke the fan boys are of these two.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us