Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 177

Thread: Steve Tisch: Jets may have cost Tebow his career

  1. #81
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Except that I used to be very much in Christianity myself and used to say the same things that you did. Then, I woke up and started using critical thought and realized that it was an excuse.

    Christians have held the majority in this Country for a long time, and that certainly crosses over into the NFL. You're literally saying the majority is somehow being hunted. They're not. Tim just isn't very good.
    Its beyond ridiculous to think that Tebow is not on an NFL team right now for any other reason besides he sucks as a QB. Teams want to win first and foremost, if some GM thought Tebow had any kind of potential he would be signed. Until Tim decides he will play another position, he will stay unemployed.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Tebow's religion is what made him a celebrity and millions of dollars... Stop with the whining and acting like he is some sort of victim. If he could actually THROW THE BALL we wouldn't even be having this discussion
    I don't understand this crap about him not being able to throw the ball either, there's video of this kid throwing the deep ball right on the money to his recievers. Where did this nonsense about "mechanics" and "throwing motion" come from? He's a LEFTY, they're all awkward to me. Boomer Esiason was a lefty and always seemed kind of awkward to me too but he was a great QB.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    You're precisely right, it's more than just football, it's religious hatred that keeping this kid from having a job right now and it's disgusting. The kid did well for the Broncos, helped save their season, had their fans up on their feet cheering, gave them a playoff win over the Steelers, and what did that feckless coward Elway do for him in the end? NOTHING... Not a damned thing...


    John Elway goes down as one of the lowest people on planet Earth in my book.
    Yes Elway went with Peyton Manning instead of Tim Tebow.

    The guy is Satan.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    So you're admitting bias here. Exactly as I suspected. Fact is we don't know if Tebow is any good because the Jets never gave him even an entire game to play in what turned out to be a lost season. All we know is that he motivated a Broncos team that probably should have finished 3-13 that year.

    I'm not a particularly religious person myself, I don't go to church at all, most of it is hypocrisy to me, but this kid doesn't deserve to have his career altered for his beliefs... What's right is RIGHT, and this isn't right.
    Uh, no. I'm saying that I've lived both sides and this is my experience. Tebow isn't being persecuted, mate. He's just not that good and so no one wants him, nor do they want the unneeded attention he brings. Sorry, but that's reality.

  5. #85
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Yes Elway went with Peyton Manning instead of Tim Tebow.

    The guy is Satan.
    LOL...plus he didnt want a divided locker room between Manning and Tebow.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Where did this nonsense about "mechanics" and "throwing motion" come from?
    Watching?

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Its beyond ridiculous to think that Tebow is not on an NFL team right now for any other reason besides he sucks as a QB. Teams want to win first and foremost, if some GM thought Tebow had any kind of potential he would be signed. Until Tim decides he will play another position, he will stay unemployed.
    They're not signing him because they don't want to be ridiculed for signing him...

    Can't you see that? There's a mob down in the street chanting hateful slogans about this kid and you're gonna sign him? Sure, go ahead and sign him, and see if the crowd turns on you too? You see the outright cowardice here? And some of that cowardice came from our own headcoach last season. I like Rex Ryan, I was one of the first who wanted him here, but the way he treated Tebow caused me to lose quite a bit of respect for him as a coach last season. He should have shown more guts than he did, but he didn't.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Its beyond ridiculous to think that Tebow is not on an NFL team right now for any other reason besides he sucks as a QB. Teams want to win first and foremost, if some GM thought Tebow had any kind of potential he would be signed. Until Tim decides he will play another position, he will stay unemployed.
    His fanbase is delusional. Nothing you can do but send them a get well soon card and hope for the best.

    The beautiful part is that we don't have to care anymore. He's completely unrelated to us now and we're busy with watching our franchise being rebuilt. Amen,.

  9. #89
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    They're not signing him because they don't want to be ridiculed for signing him...

    Can't you see that? There's a mob down in the street chanting hateful slogans about this kid and you're gonna sign him? Sure, go ahead and sign him, and see if the crowd turns on you too? You see the outright cowardice here? And some of that cowardice came from our own headcoach last season. I like Rex Ryan, I was one of the first who wanted him here, but the way he treated Tebow caused me to lose quite a bit of respect for him as a coach last season. He should have shown more guts than he did, but he didn't.
    LOL....really?? The mob surrounding Tebow are fans like YOURSELF...LOL.. YOU guys are the reason some GMs want nothing to do with your boy. YOU asshats are the ones that cause the distractions, not the opposition to Tebow. Its this kind of delusion from the Tebow fan base that turns people against Tebow.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Watching?
    Yeah, ever watch Boomer Esiason? Ken Stabler? Mark Brunell? All exceptionally gifted quarterbacks who were awkward as hell because they were all lefty's.

    Tebow is a lefty. They all look awkward. Get off the kids back. This is stupid and wrong.

  11. #91
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    His fanbase is delusional. Nothing you can do but send them a get well soon card and hope for the best.

    The beautiful part is that we don't have to care anymore. He's completely unrelated to us now and we're busy with watching our franchise being rebuilt. Amen,.
    Its just one of the most odd dynamics I have ever seen in sports.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL....really?? The mob surrounding Tebow are fans like YOURSELF...LOL.. YOU guys are the reason some GMs want nothing to do with your boy. YOU asshats are the ones that cause the distractions, not the opposition to Tebow. Its this kind of delusion from the Tebow fan base that turns people against Tebow.
    Tebow died for our sins bro

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL....really?? The mob surrounding Tebow are fans like YOURSELF...LOL.. YOU guys are the reason some GMs want nothing to do with your boy. YOU asshats are the ones that cause the distractions, not the opposition to Tebow. Its this kind of delusion from the Tebow fan base that turns people against Tebow.
    I'm not a Tebowite, J-off...

    Follow my posts, I'm not a Tebow fanboy. I just don't think he sucks like you say he does. I think he could be a damn good quarterback with a winning record if the hysteria could be toned down a bit. You're like one of these racist white guys in the stands when Jackie Robinson first came into the league, hurling your hateful insults regardless of what the mans talent was. Stop with the hysteria and give the kid a chance, that's all I'm saying.

  14. #94
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,185
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    YOU guys are the reason some GMs want nothing to do with your boy. YOU asshats are the ones
    How can anyone not understand this?

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Tebow died for our sins bro
    Okay here we go. It always devolves to this...

  16. #96
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    I'm not a Tebowite, J-off...

    Follow my posts, I'm not a Tebow fanboy. I just don't think he sucks like you say he does. I think he could be a damn good quarterback with a winning record if the hysteria could be toned down a bit. You're like one of these racist white guys in the stands when Jackie Robinson first came into the league, hurling your hateful insults regardless of what the mans talent was. Stop with the hysteria and give the kid a chance, that's all I'm saying.
    You sure sound like a Tebowite....LOL.

  17. #97
    Michael Vick drowns and electrocutes dogs to death but he's okay. Tebow loves God and that's something he should be thrown out of the NFL for...


    You CANNOT make this stuff up, but then why would you?

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Tebow's religion is what made him a celebrity and millions of dollars... Stop with the whining and acting like he is some sort of victim. If he could actually THROW THE BALL we wouldn't even be having this discussion
    Damn, and here I was thinking that it might have something to do with 2 NCAA Championships, being the first underclassman to win a Heisman, being a three time Heisman finalist (iirc), and having been one of the greatest college QBs to ever play the game.

  19. #99
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Michael Vick drowns and electrocutes dogs to death but he's okay. Tebow loves God and that's something he should be thrown out of the NFL for...


    You CANNOT make this stuff up, but then why would you?
    Exactly, proves our point. If Vick didnt have a shred of ability he wouldnt be in the league. But since he still has some ability, teams are willing to overlook his past. Again, Tebow is unemployed because he simply isnt a good QB, not because he is Christian.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    None of those guys bring cult like fanbases with them wherever they go, either. Lindley and company certainly shouldn't be in the league, but that doesn't automatically mean Tebow should. The guy is overrated and has lived off the success of Denver's defense and Matt Prater. I'm not going to argue.this again for the same reason that I'm not going to argue fire being hot: we already know.

    You may not agree, but HCs and GMs with jobs on the line do. Deal with it.

    YEah, Denver's D marched 90+ yards down the field against the Jets for a game winning TD. Guess that was Champ Bailey who threw for 316 against Steelers?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us