View Poll Results: How many wins for the 2013 NY Jets?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3 or less

2 2.08%

5 5.21%

8 8.33%

15 15.63%

22 22.92%

15 15.63%

14 14.58%

7 7.29%

0 0%
  • 12 or more

8 8.33%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: It's mid-May, so why not predict the Jets total wins in 2013?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    How am I speaking out of my ass? Woody Johnson himself stated that keeping Rex was a prerequisite to receiving the GM position. Furthermore, this entire Shanahan rumor was formulated by a poster, not one beat writer has even mentioned his name, not once. Please do not respond to my posts without crosschecking your facts first.
    The same poster who assured us that Braylon Edwards would never be a Jet again. That was before he was a Jet again...twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I'll show you a crosscheck, Ivy League boy.
    Learn the difference between fact and opinion before you act like a douchebag.
    It will take VERY hard work and plenty of dedication, but you GOT IT!
    Well your response confirms two integral things. First, I was undeniably accurate with my aforementioned assertion. Second, and more importantly, a mutated canine's paw contains more intelligence than yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden 2.0 View Post
    So a majority of JI though this team would be a 7-8 win team, but now are using the pre ranking from the likes of ESPN as a crutch to save Rex.
    Truth.. I voted 7 and am not surprised. Still want Rex out.

Didn't vote but I thought the Jets were going to be at most a 6 win team and Geno was going to be a bust since I attributed a lot of his success to his receivers. So wrong on both accounts.

Geno was better than I thought he was going to be for a long time, I'm kinda even a fan - as much as you can be of a hated division rival's QB - and the Jets had 2 really great wins that I would have never picked against the Pats and the Saints. I think Geno should be starting for you guys next year no matter what has happened that has caused him to fall back to earth. For a while there I thought he was going to be vying for ROTY.

Personally I think the worst case scenario for the Jets is an 8 win, no playoffs season. If you're going to miss the playoffs might as well do so with a better draft ranking. In the draft I think they should look at corner, receiver and tight end.

All Pro
    I wish there was a way I could check what I voted for.....I think it was 7 or 8.....maybe 9

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    Didn't vote but I thought the Jets were going to be at most a 6 win team and Geno was going to be a bust since I attributed a lot of his success to his receivers. So wrong on both accounts.

Geno was better than I thought he was going to be for a long time, I'm kinda even a fan - as much as you can be of a hated division rival's QB - and the Jets had 2 really great wins that I would have never picked against the Pats and the Saints. I think Geno should be starting for you guys next year no matter what has happened that has caused him to fall back to earth. For a while there I thought he was going to be vying for ROTY.

Personally I think the worst case scenario for the Jets is an 8 win, no playoffs season. If you're going to miss the playoffs might as well do so with a better draft ranking. In the draft I think they should look at corner, receiver and tight end.
    If we draft another corner anywhere in rounds 1-3 I'm gonna throw my Jets mug through my Flat screen....

Damn, we got some good predictions in this joint.

All Pro
    The condition on accepting the Jets GM job was that you must keep Rex for one season.
    Link?

Question: For those of you who predicted 7 wins, what did you base your prediction on?

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The Jets don't beat teams with winning records.

There are 10 such games on the schedule.

The Jets go .600 against the scrubs.

There are 6 such games on the schedule.

4-12

SAR I
    What a scrub.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Link?
    I think that was the general consensus of most people. It was and is widely assumed that woody is enamored with Rex and wanted the new GM to give him a shot. To ask for a link to a statement that would never be publicly made should not be asked as if you you were questioning his veracity.

Quote Originally Posted by kerleyandholmes1 View Post
    Question: For those of you who predicted 7 wins, what did you base your prediction on?
    As my post said, 7 wins if Garrard starts and Holmes plays or 5 with a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    What a scrub.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    He wasn't that far off, unfortunately.

Well your response confirms two integral things. First, I was undeniably accurate with my aforementioned assertion. Second, and more importantly, a mutated canine's paw contains more intelligence than yourself.
    I think that's being a bit unfair to mutated canine's paws.

Hall Of Fame
    So basically JI hit the nail on the head. And that includes two gifts. So much for Rex exceeding everyone's expectations.

What I find interesting is that the Rex supporters are constantly saying its amazing he did such a job with the talent we had. Well its obvious that that lack of talent is on O and these same supporters are always saying its not Rex's job to coach the O. So shouldn't we be saying what a great job MM and Lee did with the talent they were given while Rex underachieved on D with the boatload of #1 picks he had.

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    What I find interesting is that the Rex supporters are constantly saying its amazing he did such a job with the talent we had. Well its obvious that that lack of talent is on O and these same supporters are always saying its not Rex's job to coach the O. So shouldn't we be saying what a great job MM and Lee did with the talent they were given while Rex underachieved on D with the boatload of #1 picks he had.
    No

The condition on accepting the Jets GM job was that you must keep Rex for one season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Stop talking out of your ass, kid.

And you know what? Since you are a robot with 3 phases in your bank... FVCK Idzik. He hasn't earned SHlT. He can fvck right off if he's thinking of bringing a loser like Shanahan in.
    We don't know for sure, but I think it's a solid guess that Idzik was forced to keep Rex (for financial reasons possibly)

And also why are people losing their minds over Shanahan with zero evidence Idzik wants him?
    Last edited by Tyler Durden 2.0; 12-23-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden 2.0 View Post
    We don't know for sure, but I think it's a solid guess that Idzik was forced to keep Rex (for financial reasons possibly)

And also why are people losing their minds over Shanahan with zero evidence Idzik wants him?
    Yeah, I don't buy this Shanahan crap for a second.

He's most likely done with coaching after Washington lets him go.

Don't see anyone offering him a head coaching position and as a two-time Super Bowl winning HC, I can't see him swallowing his pride and accepting an OC position either.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    So basically JI hit the nail on the head. And that includes two gifts. So much for Rex exceeding everyone's expectations.
    Unfortunately JI is not the majority.