Thread: On second thought

On second thought

I hope we kick Miamis azz on Sunday.
    I was in the just lose & get a better draft pick boat, but I just remembered how I felt in 1982, walking into my buddys apartment, beer in hand & he had this look of disbelief on his face.
    I was like, "what's up" and he's like, look at the f*cking field!
    So I look at the TV & their showing grounds crews literally squeegeing the field off!
    You could see the water was so deep & I immediately cursed Don Shula out! The Jets were an awesome collection of speed & cutting ability.
    This was a Super Bowl team robbed of their advantage by a unscrupulous coach.
    The NFL would never allow this to happen in this day & age with the type of scrutiny the NFL is under.
    The Fins went on to lose to a mediocre Redskins team that would not have had a chance against the type of speed & balance that Jet team had on both offense & defense.
    My hate for the Pats has grown over the last 10 years as they have owned our division & we continue to chase them to no avail.
    But I always had even more hatred for that sh*tty fish & all of their white trash redneck fans.
    The thought of knocking them off with an arena league offense while they spent like a drunken sailor this offseason would be sweet as hell!
    Especially with their toothless fans knowing the Jets have one of the best & youngest Dlines in the NFL, maybe 10-12 draft picks & possibly 40 million to spend, a young QB making strides & their stadium is always filled with Jet fans.
    OMG I forgot how much I hate this team because they have been an afterthought for so long with their continuous suckage over the last 15 years.
    Go Jets!
    Last edited by jetster; 12-24-2013 at 08:40 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I would have said "unscrupulous" otherwise great post!

And a happy holiday to you too!

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I would have said "unscrupulous" otherwise great post!

Changed my post. Thank you for noticing.
    Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all of my Jets brethren!
    Even though I have been very vocal about wanting Rex out, if Idzik decides to keep him, I'll be here cheering him on, my blood is green the whole way through. Jets fans are truly the most loyal & non bandwagon of any fans in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I hope we kick Miamis azz on Sunday.
    I was in the just lose & get a better draft pick boat, but I just remembered how I felt in 1982, walking into my buddys apartment, beer in hand & he had this look of disbelief on his face.
    I was like, "what's up" and he's like, look at the f*cking field!
    So I look at the TV & their showing grounds crews literally squeegeing the field off!
    You could see the water was so deep & I immediately cursed Don Shula out! The Jets were an awesome collection of speed & cutting ability.
    This was a Super Bowl team robbed of their advantage by a unscrupulous coach.
    The NFL would never allow this to happen in this day & age with the type of scrutiny the NFL is under.
    The Fins went on to lose to a mediocre Redskins team that would not have had a chance against the type of speed & balance that Jet team had on both offense & defense.
    My hate for the Pats has grown over the last 10 years as they have owned our division & we continue to chase them to no avail.
    But I always had even more hatred for that sh*tty fish & all of their white trash redneck fans.
    The thought of knocking them off with an arena league offense while they spent like a drunken sailor this offseason would be sweet as hell!
    Especially with their toothless fans knowing the Jets have one of the best & youngest Dlines in the NFL, maybe 10-12 draft picks & possibly 40 million to spend, a young QB making strides & their stadium is always filled with Jet fans.
    OMG I forgot how much I hate this team because they have been an afterthought for so long with their continuous suckage over the last 15 years.
    Go Jets!
    Why is that unscrupulous?

That was a brilliant move by Shula to gain a legal advantage.

Back in the day, home teams made any decision regarding the playing field.

Because of that game, the NFL now makes all playing field decisions 48 hours prior to kickoff.

Quote Originally Posted by AugustWest View Post

Because of that game, the NFL now makes all playing field decisions 48 hours prior to kickoff.
    That was sickening what Shula did.

What a waste, sending a QB named David Woodley to the SB, who had to get bailed out by Don Strock almost every game that season, and then Miami goes to a SB they weren't even competitive in.

Shula in my mind always had the refs intimidated, I think he headed the "competition committee", his teams always seemed to get every advantage as far as penalties were concerned.

He should have covered that field just for the purpose of league integrity alone.

Hasn't been a more stacked Jet team since. Terrible feeling when the game ended still remember all those AJ Duhe INTs like it was yesterday, and feeling Miami didn't win..the Jets lost.

Maybe Karma came to Shula though. Given one of the best QBs in history in Marino...hand failed to win even 1 SB with him.

Quote Originally Posted by AugustWest View Post

Considering he was the head of the competition committee it was an absolutely lowdown dirty azz move to not have the orange bowl field covered.
    There is a reason Walt Micheals tried to get into the Dolphins locker & it wasn't for a congratulatory handshake.
    I think if Walt could have gotten to Shula it would have been the 1st time in NFL history that a coach was arrested for assault on another coach. Word was that Micheals was so pissed that he got drunk on the plane & spoke of what he would do to Shula if he ever ran into him again!
    Walt Micheals was fired by the NY Jets.
    In my mind Micheals was a great coach that would have won the Superbowl had it not been for Shula.
    If that happened today, the opposing coach would not even take the field & the Dolphins would have been fined a 1st round draft pick!
    Last edited by jetster; 12-24-2013 at 09:21 AM.