View Poll Results: How many wins for the 2013 NY Jets?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3 or less

2 2.08%

5 5.21%

8 8.33%

15 15.63%

22 22.92%

15 15.63%

14 14.58%

7 7.29%

0 0%
  • 12 or more

8 8.33%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It's mid-May, so why not predict the Jets total wins in 2013?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    6-10.

Back-to-back, y'all.
    Hey, there's something to be said for consistency!

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    "Rebuilding" is an overused term in my opinion. We will either be talented and well coached or we won't. The Jets were "rebuilding" in 2009 when they drafted a rookie QB and hired a new Head Coach who brought in a new system on defense. We went to the AFC Championship Game that year.
    No the jets did not rebuild in 2009, they added players like Scott and the safety from Balt. They did not lose 1/2 the team to FA. they broke in a new qb and got a boost from a new coach. And the team won the same number of games in the 2009 season as they won in the 2008 season.

7-9 if Garrard is the qb for the majority of the season and holmes can play the whole year.

6- 10 with mark

5-11 with starting a rookie.

The jets will be improved at rb, the oline should be better so that will help both the qb and the rb's performance. Besides qb, Holmes needs to at least bounce back to a 70 catch season for the jets to be more competitive against good teams.

Defensively, it is a whole new team with only 3 starters from last years opening day roster, I think the pass rush will be improved but the run d may even take a step back.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

how did you do bump

So a majority of JI though this team would be a 7-8 win team, but now are using the pre ranking from the likes of ESPN as a crutch to save Rex.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden 2.0 View Post
    So a majority of JI though this team would be a 7-8 win team, but now are using the pre ranking from the likes of ESPN as a crutch to save Rex.
    valid point, however I just wish we had more votes in this quiz...I probably would have said 9 wins (I didn't vote) but I'm always optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    valid point, however I just wish we had more votes in this quiz...I probably would have said 9 wins (I didn't vote) but I'm always optimistic.
    Rasmussen uses a 500 person sample for their daily tracking poll during presidential elections, so about 100 isn't bad for JI

Veteran
    Or he just did what was supposed to be possible with this team...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    how did you do bump
    I said 8-8. 1 more W to be right. C'mon Jets !!

Hall Of Fame
    I said 10. Thought I had 9.

Hell it looked like 10 was a def possibility mid-season tho!

Great job by Rex Ryan, how can anyone possibly argue that? However, I still believe Idzik deserves to select his own coach if he opts to do so.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Great job by Rex Ryan, how can anyone possibly argue that? However, I still believe Idzik deserves to select his own coach if he opts to do so.
    I understand what you are saying, but why didn't he do this last year? I think there was a better argument to can rex last year as opposed to this year.

I agree with your premise that the GM should pick his own coach. However, that being said, Rex did a great job this season with a raw rookie QB and no playmakers on offense. Rex did not coach himself out of the job, the ONLY reason his return is in question is because the Jets have a new GM.

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but why didn't he do this last year? I think there was a better argument to can rex last year as opposed to this year.
    The condition on accepting the Jets GM job was that you must keep Rex for one season.

If you've read this board over the past few weeks people are arguing the point that the lack of talent is his fault - therefor he should be fired.

While I don't agree, it is the the point the vast majority of the "fire Rex" crowd are making.

Hall Of Fame
    The condition on accepting the Jets GM job was that you must keep Rex for one season.
    Stop talking out of your ass, kid.

And you know what? Since you are a robot with 3 phases in your bank... FVCK Idzik. He hasn't earned SHlT. He can fvck right off if he's thinking of bringing a loser like Shanahan in.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    If you've read this board over the past few weeks people are arguing the point that the lack of talent is his fault - therefor he should be fired.

While I don't agree, it is the the point the vast majority of the "fire Rex" crowd are making.
    I agree to an extent it's his fault, as he did have personnel say with Tanny. If Rex is being fired make no mistake, it's not based off this season. It will be based solely on the fact that Idzik wishes to bring in his own coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Stop talking out of your ass, kid.

And you know what? Since you are a robot with 3 phases in your bank... FVCK Idzik. He hasn't earned SHlT. He can fvck right off if he's thinking of bringing a loser like Shanahan in.
    How am I speaking out of my ass? Woody Johnson himself stated that keeping Rex was a prerequisite to receiving the GM position. Furthermore, this entire Shanahan rumor was formulated by a poster, not one beat writer has even mentioned his name, not once. Please do not respond to my posts without crosschecking your facts first.

Hall Of Fame
    How am I speaking out of my ass? Woody Johnson himself stated that keeping Rex was a prerequisite to receiving the GM position. Furthermore, this entire Shanahan rumor was formulated by a poster, not one beat writer has even mentioned his name, not once. Please do not respond to my posts without crosschecking your facts first.
    I'll show you a crosscheck, Ivy League boy.
    Learn the difference between fact and opinion before you act like a douchebag.
    It will take VERY hard work and plenty of dedication, but you GOT IT!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

I think it IS his fault to a large extent.

Ryan's fingerprints are all over the "talent" on this team if, for no other reason, he has exerted his will to draft on the defensive side of the ball.