I'm calling for 6 wins - with splits with Buffalo, Miami and wins vs Tampa, Cleveland and Oakland. Lots of moving parts on the team this year: QBs, new offense, lots of young blood around the defense - that usually means inconsistency and I have a hard time seeing this young team getting on a roll.
I'd guess 7. I think we'll be more than one game improved from last year but it's a tougher schedule and I think we'll have some rookie growing pains (despite an improved performance) from the QB position.
I'd love to pick us to be 10-6 and a surprise Wild Card team but the Cctober schedule is just brutal and I think we drop 3-4 games in a row and don't fully recover (despite a stronger second half...)
Figuring the D will be top 10 and possibly higher. While the offense will be upgraded at just about every area...
1. OC. Probably the most drastic change here. From crap to proven quality.
2. QB play has to be better. Right?
3. Receiving corps should be much better with Holmes back and Hill n Kerley gaining experience. Not to mention hopefully bringjng back Braylon. Most of last year Kerley was the 1 threat out there. Now maybe he'll be 3rd or 4th.
4. Some good Oline depth.
5. Definite upgrades at RB. I woulda been fine with Powell as the starter and now he may be our 3rd.
6. TE is still a question but since Keller was hurt all last year anyway, it hasn't declined.
7. The big one... TEBOW IS GONE!
Oh and considering Espn and other "pros" saying we're gonna suck, should fly under the radar for a while.
I think we will be better than those that think we are a lock to get hte 1st pick. Idzik has done a really nice job this offseason. I think we had a worse team last season. We have actual options at QB now, so we aren't stuck with Sanchez. Our Rbs are more explosive. Our OL has much more depth. On defense we may finally have a pass rush. We are still good and deep at CB. Our run defense should be better for the fact our LBs are not as slow.
We made a big upgrade at OC, Marty Mornhinweg has coached 8 top 10 offenses in 13 years as a OC. That is much better than OL coach Tony Sparano.
I think we'll finish like 7-9 or 8-8 which will be good as a rebuilding year, we'll have lots of optimism for 2014 when we have tons of cap space and some young emerging talent on the roster.