Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What can we get for Sanchez?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Tebow.
    Ha! Could you imagine? At that point I think I'd convert and become a Tebowite. Especially if it somehow happened on the third day of something

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    I'm not going to change my position on this. I supported the trade than and still would make that trade today if the circumstances were the same. You can win a championship with Carson Palmer. (fact) He will do wonders for Arizona as there is still a lot of quality football left in that arm. ( he will show what I know to be the case and larry Fitzgerald will be one happy WR.)

Raiders just brought in a new GM and he elected to blow up the whole roster. (after radical changing the offense that wasn't the problem) So I don't have any anger toward C Palmer. He knows his time is now and he can't wait a couple years for the raiders to rebuild. Time isn't on his side.

So yes looking back on that trade it looks like one of the worse trades now (will always look that way) but it didn't have to be that way. IF Hue Jackson was retained there is no doubt C Palmer numbers would have been even better than last year numbers. ( another year in the same offense) That trade might have looked a lot different . Hue jackson wasn't retained and all I can say it turned out to be a bad trade.( I can't even paint a rosy picture there)

Maybe the Raiders luck out with Tyler Wilson selection and this could take away some of the sting of that trade and what went down. Will another Wilson destroy M flynn dream to QB a team.( still a long way to go for that to happen)

BTW Jets defense will have to face a bigger version of Dmac # 34 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKF_DIoCYAAU29F.jpg:large http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=RB versus Dmac http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2008&genpos=rb
    1. Palmers never won a thing, so it's not fact that you can win with him. No one will ever have won with him when he retires. Palmer was done when the Raiders took him off the Bengals hands.

2. We were joking that you would defend a trade for Sanchez, you're going in the complete wrong direction.

3. Bigger, whatever, is he a china doll like DMac?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I think your numbers are off a bit. If the Jets were to do that the rest of his bonus proration hits the cap this year and adds an additional 4.2 million to the cap. If all you are saving is the value of a vet min contract it is not worth it. His cap number would be in your scenario 17 million less the vet min salary.
    4 million additional cap hit is completely worth getting rid of the loser.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    Not that i agree or disagree with trading Sanchez and still paying most of his contract, i just havent seen any information on what anyone thinks his value is.

Im assuming we would have to eat around 75% his salary, but what draft pick can we get in return and what should we be happy with?

I think he will do fine as a back up or plug-in wherever he goes, and most teams around the league know that.

So maybe a 5th rounder?
    Not a chance. Aside from the fact that based on his play alone he isn't worth trading for, right now it seems his days are numbered. I have no doubt another team will take a shot with him if (when) he's eventually cut (hopefully next year) but I can't seems team bothering to trade for him.
    If he starts this season and shows significant improvement - like maybe hitting 60% completions or his TD numbers getting up as high as his turnovers, maybe they get a sniff at a 7th.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    I'm not going to change my position on this. I supported the trade than and still would make that trade today if the circumstances were the same. You can win a championship with Carson Palmer. (fact) He will do wonders for Arizona as there is still a lot of quality football left in that arm. ( he will show what I know to be the case and larry Fitzgerald will be one happy WR.)

Raiders just brought in a new GM and he elected to blow up the whole roster. (after radical changing the offense that wasn't the problem) So I don't have any anger toward C Palmer. He knows his time is now and he can't wait a couple years for the raiders to rebuild. Time isn't on his side.

So yes looking back on that trade it looks like one of the worse trades now (will always look that way) but it didn't have to be that way. IF Hue Jackson was retained there is no doubt C Palmer numbers would have been even better than last year numbers. ( another year in the same offense) That trade might have looked a lot different . Hue jackson wasn't retained and all I can say it turned out to be a bad trade.( I can't even paint a rosy picture there)

Maybe the Raiders luck out with Tyler Wilson selection and this could take away some of the sting of that trade and what went down. Will another Wilson destroy M flynn dream to QB a team.( still a long way to go for that to happen)

BTW Jets defense will have to face a bigger version of Dmac # 34 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKF_DIoCYAAU29F.jpg:large http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=RB versus Dmac http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2008&genpos=rb
    Since he is a bigger version, we have no problem taking the older, smaller version off your hands

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is probably the starter in 2013.

Just saying.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    1. Palmers never won a thing, so it's not fact that you can win with him. No one will ever have won with him when he retires. Palmer was done when the Raiders took him off the Bengals hands.

2. We were joking that you would defend a trade for Sanchez, you're going in the complete wrong direction.

3. Bigger, whatever, is he a china doll like DMac?
    Oh, so it is his fault that he played on lousy teams his whole career. what team was he on that he held back?While don't you think Sanchez held back the jets? Palmer never developed into a consistent top ten QB but for 3 years he was considered one of the 5 or 6 best in the game.

Last year the guy had a 61% completion percentage, 22td to 14 int and 4000 yds on a terrible team with one WR and a rb who averaged 3.3 yds a carry. If Sanchez had those numbers fans would be ranking him as a top ten guy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

Just saying.
    Probably not.. He's may not even going to be on the jets when the season starts so can't say he probably is the starter.. Geno will have to not be ready and garrard must be hurt for Sanchez to start the season.. For once Sanchez is not fed the job with a silver spoon, he now is guy outside looking in.. Rex knows now mark can look good in practice like he's always done and just completely lay an egg in live games.. He's not going to trust mark even if he looks like the best in camp..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez will be a Jet for the entire 2013 season. His salary prohibits the team from moving on. Any type of deal the Jets FO would want to make to deal Sanchez would cost them capwise.

All of you had better get used to the fact that Sanchez will be a Jet for the entire season.

After this season, I'm certain he is gone. But really the only realistic scenario for getting rid of Sanchez is if another team loses their starting QB in the first game. Then, I suppose, there is an outside chance a team could deal for him. The problem with that is once again the money involved. Any team looking for him would have to pay through the nose because of his contract. So they'd likely just bite the bullet, skip over Sanchez (it's not like they are missing much), and use a practice squad guy or something.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    After June 1 keeping him and releasing him have the same cap cost

Keeping him and his 26 turnovers ruins another season, retards Smith's learning and progress.

Cutting him and starting David Garrard and having him, a savvy vet mentor Smith has the opposite and positive effect on the Jets.

There's not a single real Jet fan who really wants the Turnover Machine on the training camp roster

Not one

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A roll of the sandiest, most uncomfortable toilet paper and an old pair of FILA's.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

Just saying.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHA

WTF have you seen in the last 4 years that makes you believe Sanchez can beat out anyone? He was benched for Greg Mcelroy not once but twice!!! There was a statistic in espn he was the only QB in the league whao played worse than a fringe player that will be out of the league soon. This is a QB on par with the Matt Leinharts and Brady Quinns of the world. If he didn't have a great team around him the first 2 years his below 70 rating and 54% wouldn't have got him to the playoffs but instead the bench!!! You expect this douche to win out on a legit QB competition!??!?!?!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keep him and start him until we have locked up the #1 overall pick next year. This is really the only plausible way for Sanchez to earn at least some of his money this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHA

WTF have you seen in the last 4 years that makes you believe Sanchez can beat out anyone? He was benched for Greg Mcelroy not once but twice!!! There was a statistic in espn he was the only QB in the league whao played worse than a fringe player that will be out of the league soon. This is a QB on par with the Matt Leinharts and Brady Quinns of the world. If he didn't have a great team around him the first 2 years his below 70 rating and 54% wouldn't have got him to the playoffs but instead the bench!!! You expect this douche to win out on a legit QB competition!??!?!?!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes Magnus you were somewhat out ahead of the curve on this one but don't overplay your hand. I believe there are reasons to play him for much of this year even if he is not the best in camp.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Marty can make Sanchez looks good in Preseason games he will be worth something. We now have a grown up running the show, and he will not cut an asset until he has exhausted every opportunity to receive compensation. If Garrard is not healthy, and if Geno struggles Sanchez will start. If both players do well then Sanchez will be traded, but not before we're sure. Let's leave emotions out of it...and no we are not going to throw the season.