Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Patriots release fourth-year DT Brandon Deaderick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

That's not meant as a put down, but that's what he - and many others in this league - are. They aren't playmakers, but they aren't complete scrubs. Deadrick was a nice enough player, but are you really upset he's gone? Probably not - you're mildly surprised but in two days, or when camp starts, you won't have your head on a swivel looking for #74 (or is that Kyle Love....another JAG?)
    Yep, that sums it up perfectly.

BD was #71. You are correct that #74 belongs to Kyle Love, a JAG himself.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love was better than Deaderick, not that that says a whole lot, but Deaderick was above him last year only due to injuries. If they like Forston, Deaderick would be the #6 DT on a team that carried 4 last year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Guys started 15 games, played in 34 in 3 seasons and had 5 sacks as a 7th round pick. What grade do you think a 7th round pick who contribute in all of his his first 3 seasons?
    How clear do I have to be: this isn't about the grade HE got - it's about how if the same thing happened to us/transpired here there would be some way to knock it and tie it into the fabric of how this organization 'doesn't get it' . . .

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont get the outrage.

Guy was a 7th rounder, played 3 years.

meh.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @AdamSchefter: Patriots are releasing starting DT Kyle Love, per @MikeReiss. Live split time with Brandon Deadrick, also released this week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RapSheet: Wow. RT @MikeReiss: Patriots starting DL Kyle Love told he will be released. Recently diagnosed with Type-2 diabetes. http://t.co/majg367Hh4

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RapSheet: Wow. RT @MikeReiss: Patriots starting DL Kyle Love told he will be released. Recently diagnosed with Type-2 diabetes. http://t.co/majg367Hh4
    DAMN! Sucks for him! But I would bet it's a relief to finally know why you've been feeling like death for so long!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

keep it classy, Patriots*.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    keep it classy, Patriots*.
    No joke! Gotta be the scummiest franchise in all of sports.
    But would you expect any less when the owner is a MAJOR part of Monsanto?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feel bad for Kyle -- good guy, solid player, hard worker. Very sad to hear of his diagnosis and release from the team.

But for those criticizing the Patriots, what are they supposed to do? Extend him? Love plays at 315 lbs or so. I'm no doctor, but how in the world is he going to manage his Type 2 diabetes while staying anywhere close to his ideal playing weight? Has there ever been an NFL player with Type 2 diabetes that played at >300 lbs? Kendall Simmons played at around 310 or so, but I believe he had Type 1.

I wish Kyle the best, but I can't say I blame the Patriots for cutting their ties with a run-stuffing NT who needs to be losing weight, not maintaining or gaining it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Feel bad for Kyle -- good guy, solid player, hard worker. Very sad to hear of his diagnosis and release from the team.

But for those criticizing the Patriots, what are they supposed to do? Extend him? Love plays at 315 lbs or so. I'm no doctor, but how in the world is he going to manage his Type 2 diabetes while staying anywhere close to his ideal playing weight? Has there ever been an NFL player with Type 2 diabetes that played at >300 lbs? Kendall Simmons played at around 310 or so, but I believe he had Type 1.

I wish Kyle the best, but I can't say I blame the Patriots for cutting their ties with a run-stuffing NT who needs to be losing weight, not maintaining or gaining it.
    hey, we're trying to make fun of the Pats* here.

run along now

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was waived/NFI, which I believe would place him on the NFI list if he cleared waivers.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post

Is this something that suddenly developed or is it something he's had for quite a while and was only diagnosed now? I honestly know very little about diabetes.

If its the former, the guy has been playing at a level good enough to get reps in the past and now he'll at least be medicated. Considering they made it a NFI, its not as if they were cutting him like Deadrick.

I dunno....it might have been better if they just held off doing this and see how he reacted to treatment. But obviously we don't have anything close to the real story.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this something that suddenly developed or is it something he's had for quite a while and was only diagnosed now? I honestly know very little about diabetes.

If its the former, the guy has been playing at a level good enough to get reps in the past and now he'll at least be medicated. Considering they made it a NFI, its not as if they were cutting him like Deadrick.

I dunno....it might have been better if they just held off doing this and see how he reacted to treatment. But obviously we don't have anything close to the real story.
    Most likely he's had it for a very long time and didn't know what it was.
    I don't have it but some Dr's thought I might and did some testing for it because i had a lot of the symptoms.
    It makes you feel like you're going to die and drains all of your energy.
    Dude would most likely be fine with insulin... dick move by the pats*

And the JETS are the a-holes for releasing Tebow after trying to get a paper bag sandwich for him, which NOBODY would give us.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Its recent but he has lost a ton of weight. Feel bad for the guy. Buy hey, do you want the Jets to pick him up? Will that make you feel better?

Word is Deadrick had gotten lazy, wasnt working hard.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    No joke! Gotta be the scummiest franchise in all of sports.
    But would you expect any less when the owner is a MAJOR part of Monsanto?
    Wrong Kraft company.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Wrong Kraft company.
    Kraft is not the CEO of Kraft Foods, but of the Kraft Group, of which Kraft foods is a part.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kraft is not the CEO of Kraft Foods, but of the Kraft Group, of which Kraft foods is a part.
    Please don't tell me your source for this is yahoo answers. This is just wrong.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Its recent but he has lost a ton of weight. Feel bad for the guy. Buy hey, do you want the Jets to pick him up? Will that make you feel better?

Word is Deadrick had gotten lazy, wasnt working hard.

Mr. Football says so, it must be true.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Kraft got his money the real old fashion way....he married into it. He tapped into the Hiatt fortune in paper and ran with it. Mind you, he did a good job of maintaining and building that fortune, but as they say...it takes money to make money.

Now the Krafts are into basically everything - paper, real estate, private equity and the Patriots. I can't remember if they own the MLS team in New England - I think I remember that.