Thread: CBSSportsline has Ivory as a break out player in 2013

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

CBSSportsline has Ivory as a break out player in 2013

Nice article about breakout players in 2013 including Ivory.

Jason La Canfora
    CBS Sports NFL Insider

Chris Ivory, RB, New York Jets: It wasn't that long ago the Jets had one of the best running games in the NFL, and with their quarterback situation not being much better in the short term, they'll want to get back to the ground and pound as much as they can. Few run as hard as Ivory, and after being trapped in a deep New Orleans backfield, he is fired up to get to carry a normal load.

The limited duty with the Saints left plenty of tread on his tires even despite his violent running style, and with the Jets re-investing in their offensive line, I maintain there is enough talent still there to get the ground game going. Shonn Greene just didn't have what it takes to be an every-down back, and I expect New York's trade for Ivory to pay big dividends for new GM John Idzik, as well as fantasy owners who pick him up.

Ivory got a nice contract as part of the equation, Rex Ryan is going to fall in love with this kid, and Rex, with his job in the balance, won't let Marty Morninwheg get too carried away with pass-happy play-calling. Ivory, 25, has averaged more than 5 yards per carry in his career and has never carried the ball only 119 times the past two seasons, but won't be bottled up any longer
    Last edited by jetsfreak; 05-15-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Unleash the beast!

I really hope so. It's been a long time since LT.. the running game opens up the pass...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Very pumped about this kid!

Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    I really hope so. It's been a long time since LT.. the running game opens up the pass...
    Hopefully Ivory reminds us more of '08/'09 TJ...with breakaway speed.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Hopefully Ivory reminds us more of '08/'09 TJ...with breakaway speed.
    I have higher expectations, to be honest.

If we had an explosive back running behind T-Rich and that line back then, we'd have had an 1800-2000 yard back. Jones was durable, reliable and all that, but not much more.

That line is what gave us false hope in Shonn Greene being good.

Really looking forward to the Jets keeping all four RB's on the roster and making sure they all are being used and pounding them at defenses.
    I know the WCO is based primarily on the short quick passing game, but if we can also add in a solid running game to keep the chains moving, we could be a dangerous team THIS year.