Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best New York Jets: All-Time Fan Favorite Version

Best New York Jets: All-Time Fan Favorite Version

The Johnny Hector thread had me thinking. Hector wasn't the greatest New York Jets running back of all time, hell - he wasn't even close, but he's one of my favorites.

Does your favorite player have to be a Hall of Famer? I loved watching Wesley Walker, Wayne Chrebet, Erik McMillian, James Hasty, Aaron Glenn. I loved watching Dennis Byrd before the injury - the year he had 10 sacks he really started to come into his own. I just like rooting for good players who may not be the greatest, but they're our guys who you can cheer for.

Let's list a bunch of New York Jets that were your favorites. They don't have to be perennial Pro Bowlers (like we've had a plethora of those ), but players that you loved to watch.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Vinny T - favorite Jet QB ever

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    The Johnny Hector thread had me thinking. Hector wasn't the greatest New York Jets running back of all time, hell - he wasn't even close, but he's one of my favorites.

Does your favorite player have to be a Hall of Famer? I loved watching Wesley Walker, Wayne Chrebet, Erik McMillian, James Hasty, Aaron Glenn. I loved watching Dennis Byrd before the injury - the year he had 10 sacks he really started to come into his own. I just like rooting for good players who may not be the greatest, but they're our guys who you can cheer for.

Let's list a bunch of New York Jets that were your favorites. They don't have to be perennial Pro Bowlers (like we've had a plethora of those ), but players that you loved to watch.
    Walker and Chrebet would be on my list, along with Joe Klecko and Mo Lewis.

I Like your list a lot. might add to that McNeil, the sack exchange and Namath.

Veteran
    Kurt Sohn...one tough SOB
    Scott Dierking
    Wesley Walker
    Jim Sweeney...one of the long history of excellent Jets Centers
    Kevin Mawae...best C in the league the entire time he was a Jet
    Marvin Jones

Like this thread.
    So many, really, but...
    Favorites of all time.

Wesley Walker
    Victor Green
    Mo Lewis
    Marvin Jones -- wish he could have stayed healthy.
    Chrebet
    Toon
    Shuler
    Todd
    Boozer
    Clifton

All League
    McNeil, Toon, Klecko.

Loved Boomer but for the life of me and cannot believe we went 8-8 and then 6-10 his first two seasons.

Dennis Byrd #90 - DE
    Brian Washington #48 - Strong Safety
    Mark Gastineau - #99 - DE
    Wayne Chrebet #80 - WR
    Freeman McNeil #24 - RB
    Johnny Hector #34 - RB
    Ken OBrien #7 - QB
    Vinny T #16 - QB

Veteran
    Id like to ad Victor Green to my list above...loved him

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    Like this thread.
    So many, really, but...
    Favorites of all time.

Wesley Walker
    Victor Green
    Mo Lewis
    Marvin Jones -- wish he could have stayed healthy.
    Chrebet
    Toon
    Shuler
    Todd
    Boozer
    Clifton
    This is a great thread. I remember the 1993 draft. The entire crowd was chanting for Jones. Hen we trade the pick to AZ for Johnny Johnson and still get Jones at 4. That was a good day for the Jets. Of course, Coleman Rudolph was not a great second rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Guck the Fiants View Post
    Id like to ad Victor Green to my list above...loved him
    +1

Great Jet.

Jets Insider VIP
    Victor Green
    Bobby Houston (never forget that hot on beebe)
    Aaron Glenn
    Adrian murrel
    Mo Lewis
    Wayne Cherbet
    Vinny T
    Ray Mickens (don't laugh)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Guck the Fiants View Post
    Marvin Jones
    How can I forget this guy. He was a hard hitter. Met him at a club in LI a d was such a cool guy.

My all star team would be Darrelle Revis...and that's it because he'd take up all the cap room.

Aaron Glenn. I have a soft spot for corners. Also, the big cat Ellis.

Hall Of Fame
    J Co my last "favorite" Jet. Before him it was Vinny T and before him it was Rob Moore.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Leon
    Last edited by JonEJet; 05-13-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Jerome Barkum
    Rich Caster
    Mark Gastineau
    Matt Robinson
    Joe Willie

Not necessarily in that order.

These guys played hard for us. They were easy to like.

When I was young, I loved Mark Gastineau. Sacks, particularly when made by an athlete with his dynamic abilities, are exciting plays. He would dance triumphantly and I would jump around with him.

Then there was Joe Klecko. He threw Quarterbacks and Running Backs around like rag dolls. You don't see raw, violent power like that anymore. All defensive players want now is the big hit that will get them on SportsCenter.

Those 80's teams will always be special to me. We've actually had more sustained success over the last 15 years, and players like Curtis, Chrebet, and Mo Lewis were favorites of mine. But I'll always have fond memories of Bruce Harper, Freeman, Wesley Walker, Toooooon, Shuler, and even Kenny O.

Get rid of those ugly Titans throwbacks and give me back the green helmets!