View Poll Results: Which current scandal / cover-up is the most serious and disappointing to you?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Benghazi cover-up and deleting of CIA-confirmed terrorist ties from press release

9 47.37%
  • IRS secretly targeting conservative groups

7 36.84%
  • Dept. of Justice secret seizure of press phone records

3 15.79%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which of the current scandals/cover-ups is the most serious to you?

Jets Insider VIP

Question Which of the current scandals/cover-ups is the most serious to you?

First of all, how would you like to be in a Cabinet meeting this week? Whoa boy. Do you think Obama walks in and looks at all the Secretaries and says, "okay, raise your hand if your Department doesn't currently have a scandal or cover-up going on?"

Saturday Night Live might have to run 4 hours this weekend to cover everything.

Let's have a poll, shall we?

Hall Of Fame
    I chose the IRS. I understand that this is not uncommon but short of killing people this is probably the best way to mute your opposition. Put them out of business.

As for the AP scandal, I think there is a delicate balancing act that goes on between freedom of the press and matters of national security. The lines get blurred all the time. But there is no defense for what they did. Apparently there are protocols in place for stuff like this and none of them were followed.

In Benghazi actual lives were lost so I can understand why people would feel that it was the worst. It was a tragedy. But it doesn't undermine the Constitution like the other scandals do.

Obama promised the most transparent administration and we have gotten the exact opposite. His supporters can't backtrack and argue that his administration isn't doing anything that hasn't done before b.c he campaigned on being different. And Holder has to go down as one of the worst AGs in American History.

And the press needs to take their medicine too. They seemed to have a willful blindness towards these scandals until there was one the effected them.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    First of all, how would you like to be in a Cabinet meeting this week? Whoa boy. Do you think Obama walks in and looks at all the Secretaries and says, "okay, raise your hand if your Department doesn't currently have a scandal or cover-up going on?"
    Barack Obama doesn't tie his shoes without the guidance of his Wall Street & CIA handlers.

There is absolutely nothing between that guys ears.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

Saturday Night Live might have to run 4 hours this weekend to cover everything.
    Watch, those Libtards will do a skit on Sanford instead. AMIRITE?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Watch, those Libtards will do a skit on Sanford instead. AMIRITE?
    I thought the Benghazi skit was horrendous. Wasn't even funny.

Jets Insider VIP
    Tough choice, but went with IRS.

Didn't Nixon get impeached for doing similar to his enemies?

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Tough choice, but went with IRS.

Didn't Nixon get impeached for doing similar to his enemies?
    What Nixon did doesn't even come close to the scope of the current IRS stuff. He provided cover for low level staffing break-in after the fact.

This IRS scandal is not only stark and vast, it leads straight to the Oval Office.

IRS leaked confidential financial docs of National Organization of Marriage (NOM) showing Romney donated $10,000 to one "Joe Solmonese, a left-wing activist and Huffington Post contributor, [who] was the president of the Human Rights Campaign (HRC)."

Joe called Romney "beyond despicable" for his donation and resigned from HRC and became a co-chair of Obama's election campaign the next day.

And don't forget, part of 2010's Obamacare (premiums shot up 400%, btw) was to hire 16,000 new IRS agents to collect from Americans who were not paying the mandatory premium, ie. on the surface Obama was hiring goons to collect $$$ from his voters, clients of the state? I think we can now all agree that was never going to happen.

PlumberKhan is feeling it, the twisted hate in his words. This is rotten, unacceptable worst case scenario government. Obama not going to bounce back from this.
    Last edited by sackdance; 05-15-2013 at 09:22 AM.

For me it was Benghazi. I can't get over the fact that the President appears to have been sleeping while this crisis was being broadcast to a situation room in real time. Then the blatant lying for personal political purposes takes sleezy politiking to a new height. We all know that sometimes administrations are not completely truthful but there is usually some national security reasoning. I see that as the case with the wiretapping. There is a case to be made that they were trying to track down a leak. Fine. But there is no case to be made like that on Benghazigate. It is blatant and obvious.

In my view, two of the "scandals" are materially the same scandal in two differing forms, i.e. Possible Election Malfeasance.

In the case of Libya and the attack, the American people were (IMO) consciously misled by the Executive branch of Government purely for Political reasons, i.e. to support the re-election of the sitting President.

In the case of the IRS, based on information released through this morning, it appears that no "Conservative/Tea party" sounding groups were approved for 20-26 months prior to the 2012 Presidential election, while dozens of "Liberal/Progressive" sounding groups were fast-track approved, including a group headed by the President’s brother that had previously been illegally operating.

In both cases, it is not unreasonable to ask (i.e. investigate) if an effort to effect the 2012 election was in action creating these two issues, and what (if any) laws were broken in doing so.

This is, I maintain, beyond party politics and bias. No "side" should want a system that allows conscious misinformation campaigns or party-based IRS inquisitions to exist. What can go one way now will go the other way, but worse, down the road.

Just as all citizens should be concerned about other forms of election-related issues, from questionable voting machines/tabulation systems to voters voting multiple times or in multiple jurisdictions or voters voting without identification validation, we all should be concerned and desire a full investigation into these events, how they occurred, who (if anyone) is responsible, etc.

Every year, our election system appears more and more dysfunctional, and less and less a reflection of the will of the people. It would behoove us, as a people, to address this issue while we still can.
    Last edited by Churchill; 05-15-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Definitely IRS. This is an example of a massive government agency that has direct control over the financial well being of every single American, using their far-reaching powers for partisan hackery. The whole thing stinks.

Benghazi isn't so much a scandal as it is a foul up by inept leadership, paranoid to make a PR mistake during an election. Which is a shame because 4 Americans were killed and the POTUS only seemed to care about his own ass.

If I worked in the media I would have chosen the AP story. Definitely serious implications with this one, but personally has very little direct effect compared to the IRS issue.

Of all these issues are exemplary of Obama's leadership: arrogant, out-of-touch, and completely incompetent. And the kicker is that when all this was blowing up, he flew to NY for a DNC fundraiser, hung out with Justin Timberlake, and blamed Rush Limbaugh for not being able to accomplish anything. This guy has zero accountability. Horrendous leader, bad President.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Ah, anytime we have Americans dying we have an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Ah, anytime we have Americans dying we have an issue.
    This happens every day.

Hall Of Fame
    BTW, does anybody have faith in the IG doing a fair investigation?

All Pro
    My vote is Benghazi. The administration used the power of its office to purposely mislead the public for personal gain during the height of the presidential campaign. Corrupt and unacceptable behavior.

The IRS scandal is also bad, but I feel as though these types of "look the other way" partisan acts are commonplace in Washington. That's not an excuse, but more of an indictment of the current state of federal politics. Selective blacklisting is not a new concept.

The AP phone records incident is not much of a scandal in my opinion. Seizure of phone records in the name of national security is par for the course in post-Patriot Act USA. I don't agree with it, but no laws were broken.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    BTW, does anybody have faith in the IG doing a fair investigation?
    lol

At the gov't entity I work for, the IG is known as the Men in Black: they don't really investigate as much as show up with neuralyzers and try to make everyone forget what they saw and/or heard.

True story.

Impeach his sorry ass

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    lol

At the gov't entity I work for, the IG is known as the Men in Black: they don't really investigate as much as show up with neuralyzers and try to make everyone forget what they saw and/or heard.

True story.
    The port Authority is a joke.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    This happens every day.
    Sad isn't it, and not in these circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Sad isn't it, and not in these circumstances.
    Really? Not in these circumstances? Soldiers are being killed on a regular basis just like this......

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Really? Not in these circumstances? Soldiers are being killed on a regular basis just like this......
    Really? I was unaware of that, and that these were soldiers and that it had been happening daily the last ten years.