Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Asst GM Cohen out! PFT

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Asst GM Cohen out! PFT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-in-new-york/

Looks like Idzik is continuing to shake up the front office. Cohen was fairly involved in the FO, interesting to see if Bradway survives.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    At one time I thought Cohen was going to be the hire just to do the dirty work if Woody/KF didn't find anyone they liked.

Hopefully Idzik had some people lined up and was just waiting until after the draft to bring them on board.

I wonder if Bradway is going to stay. I know fans like to trash him but inside the NFL, he is a well-respected scout.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Feeling at the top of the Jets organization that people in personnel dept. had become too comfortable. A post-draft shake-up was inevitable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope that this puts to rest the comments out here that "Idzik is just doing what Tanny would have done!" Now if you are being honest, no Idzik is not.

Idzik is running the Jets totally differently in tenor then his predessesor Tannanbaum did and now we just have to see if it works and bears fruit, but for me this is the way a team should be run.

I definitely don't like to see anyone fired and so I wish Cohen well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    More changes: Jets director of football administration Ari Nissim will not have his contract renewed, per sources. #NYJ

Nissim was the team's primary contract negotiator in recent years.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    More changes: Jets director of football administration Ari Nissim will not have his contract renewed, per sources. #NYJ

Nissim was the team's primary contract negotiator in recent years.
    Ari Nissim was the silent guy in the car with Tannenbaum to negotiate with Revis agents on hard knocks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    But, Scott said that Idzik is just a puppet? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Hearing Idzik negotiated majority of deals upon arrival + has a different contract preference/style which may have prompted Nissim move #nyj

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Obviously, those inside the building rooted for Cohen to get the GM job, potentially avoid a house cleaning #nyj | http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...assistant.html
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 05-15-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obviously nobody likes to see people lose their jobs but I do like the fact that Idzik is showing that he is in charge and bringing in his people.

Now lets just hope he doesn't suck in the long run.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree...I really enjoy his rational, intelligent mode of running a football team. Look at the Jets just this past January to today.....the team has gotten much better in a short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I hope that this puts to rest the comments out here that "Idzik is just doing what Tanny would have done!" Now if you are being honest, no Idzik is not.

Idzik is running the Jets totally differently in tenor then his predessesor Tannanbaum did and now we just have to see if it works and bears fruit, but for me this is the way a team should be run.

I definitely don't like to see anyone fired and so I wish Cohen well.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idzik did the right thing by not cleaning house immediately. He came with a plan, and he's following through on it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Francessa has to eat crow.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Feeling at the top of the Jets organization that people in personnel dept. had become too comfortable. A post-draft shake-up was inevitable.
    = Good for Idzik. Gee, what will Mike Francessa say now that we have new FO personnel.? Just a few weeks ago he was so super negative that the Jets still had the same FO that made all kinds of bad personnel decisions- so NOTHING would change. This team has made big changes-- and will be better for it. Take that Mr. Mike.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL Fatso francessa has zip to say now

Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    = Good for Idzik. Gee, what will Mike Francessa say now that we have new FO personnel.? Just a few weeks ago he was so super negative that the Jets still had the same FO that made all kinds of bad personnel decisions- so NOTHING would change. This team has made big changes-- and will be better for it. Take that Mr. Mike.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    Exactly why Fatty will ignore the facts and pretend he didn't notice like he always does. He'll never admit fault or say he was wrong...don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good. The Pro and college scouting has been a disaster the last few years. Glad to see Izdik is cleaning house.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Jets are expected to hire former Cardinals GM Rod Graves to join their front office staff

“@JasonLaCanfora: Jets are expected to hire former Cardinals GM Rod Graves to join their front office staff” graves and Idzik go way back
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 05-15-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Jets are expected to hire former Cardinals GM Rod Graves to join their front office staff

“@JasonLaCanfora: Jets are expected to hire former Cardinals GM Rod Graves to join their front office staff” graves and Idzik go way back
    If that is true way to go Idzik!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    I agree...I really enjoy his rational, intelligent mode of running a football team. Look at the Jets just this past January to today.....the team has gotten much better in a short period of time.
    You know this how? What games have been played to form this opinion. Nobody knows and only time will tell what kind of job he did. There are 32 teams who think they improved their team from the previous year.(everyone isn't going to be right)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently Idzik is able to do his job without standing in a ring and holding hands...

The Tanny days are defintely over.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that it's too early to judge Idzik's success as our GM. Gotta wait and see, but I feel good about him.