Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urlacher

Urlacher

Any interest? Does he have anything left? I know it would go against everything Idzik has done so far, but he would be a great mentor for all of our young players. Wouldn't be the worst guy you could bring in.

All Pro
    Yes, lets bring in Charles Woodson as well. Old, washed up players are perfect for what we are looking to do this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Yes, lets bring in Charles Woodson as well. Old, washed up players are perfect for what we are looking to do this year.
    Basically this.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    whats all this nonsense about him being a mentor...mentor for what.....are children playing for the jets....lol Last I saw David Harris is a veteran...why bring in a LB who is a shell of himself and who still has not found a job. And please stop with this mentoring nonsense...you all said the same about woodson mentoring...lol these guys want to do one thing and that's play football. The jets are taking a different approach and I am thankful.....no more bringing in old players past their prime. The Jets have veterans and coaches who will MENTOR the young players.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Any interest? Does he have anything left? I know it would go against everything Idzik has done so far, but he would be a great mentor for all of our young players. Wouldn't be the worst guy you could bring in.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    whats all this nonsense about him being a mentor...mentor for what.....are children playing for the jets....lol Last I saw David Harris is a veteran...why bring in a LB who is a shell of himself and who still has not found a job. And please stop with this mentoring nonsense...you all said the same about woodson mentoring...lol these guys want to do one thing and that's play football. The jets are taking a different approach and I am thankful.....no more bringing in old players past their prime. The Jets have veterans and coaches who will MENTOR the young players.
    He's not a mentor. He's an old, ex star who is still clinging to the belief he can be a pro bowler. That's why last year the Jets drafted an ILB, let him learn for a year while playing part time, and now he goes into the lineup.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    He's got nothing left. And old guys, as a rule, are much more interested in keeping a job then they are in mentoring. Players who actually mentor younger players are remarkably rare.

Pass he has nothing left and he can take David Harris with him too

Hall Of Fame
    If we need an old, slow, broken down linebacker, let's just re-sign Bart Scott.

I believe he stupidly turned down an offer from the Bears because it wasn't enough money for a player of his stature.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    This would not fit Idziks model, but ya never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I believe he stupidly turned down an offer from the Bears because it wasn't enough money for a player of his stature.
    "I've got a family to feed, man."

- Latrell Sprewell, after turning down a 3 year, $21 million contract extension.

Urlacher is done and he wants north of $3 mil per season which is insane considering Rex could probably beat him in a footrace by now.

Nuts. He doesn't have anything to offer the Jets and is a shell of what he once was.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    He's not a mentor. He's an old, ex star who is still clinging to the belief he can be a pro bowler. That's why last year the Jets drafted an ILB, let him learn for a year while playing part time, and now he goes into the lineup.

disagree with you on the Charles Woodson being washed up part. I think he is still a very nice player

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    If we need an old, slow, broken down linebacker, let's just re-sign Bart Scott.

Urlacher may have a chip on his shoulder, and sometimes that's important to have in the LB portion of your team. Especially if he's lower money, incentive laden contract, no reason not to.

Urlacher retires after being "insulted" by the Bears' offer of one year, $2 million.

i guess my Latrell Sprewell comparison really wasn't that far off

Jets Insider VIP
    Brian Urlacher announced his retirement from the NFL after 13 seasons Wednesday on his official Twitter account, ending what many believe was a Hall of Fame career as an iconic Chicago Bears linebacker.
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...bears-retiring

Hall Of Fame
    Good for him. Acknowledging that his play is no longer up to his standards and that he wants to retire only having worn one jersey. Very few players have such clarity.

"Although I could continue playing, I'm not sure I would bring a level of performance or passion that's up to my standards. When considering this along with the fact I could retire after a 13-year career wearing only one jersey for such a storied franchise, my decision became pretty clear."