Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 24 returns next May - More jack Bauer for us

24 returns next May - More jack Bauer for us

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ork-announces/

Yup... instead of a 2 hour movie, there will be a 12 - episode mini-season beginning May 2014. I was looking for the old 24 threads and wanted to post this on them, but they have been retired to the Hangar archives. At least Kiefer Sutherland will have some work this year.

Jack Bauer is coming back.

Fox executives said Monday that its drama "24" is returning next May for a limited run that will stretch into the summer. The adventure series with Kiefer Sutherland starring as Jack Bauer ended its original run in 2010.

Fox programming chief Kevin Reilly said creators had been thinking about doing a movie with the original cast. But when Fox announced it was interested in doing a big event miniseries, they realized it was the perfect format.

“They always had this idea of maybe someday doing a feature film,” he said. “I think they all agreed 24 being compressed into two hours is not 24.”

Sutherland said he was excited to see his character return to TV.

“The response to ‘24’ is unlike anything I have ever experienced as an actor before,” Sutherland said in a statement. “To have the chance to reunite with the character, Jack Bauer, is like finding a lost friend. The story ideas from [producer] Howard Gordon are exciting and fresh, and will not disappoint...Make no mistake, my goal is to knock your socks off.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...#ixzz2TN5luaSD

hmmmmm.... maybe they can use Jack to locate Brody.

I've been on a 24 kick since last month anyway. I was in college during seasons 3-7 and didn't really watch them or pay attention to them as I would have liked. So I started from season 1 and am up to season 5. I swear, it's still awesome...even the shows I had already seen and remembered were still addictive.

This is great news.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    I've been on a 24 kick since last month anyway. I was in college during seasons 3-7 and didn't really watch them or pay attention to them as I would have liked. So I started from season 1 and am up to season 5. I swear, it's still awesome...even the shows I had already seen and remembered were still addictive.

This is great news.
    season 5, 7 & 8 are great. Plus season 8, the final season relates to 5 & 7 in ways you don't expect. Season 6 you can skip.

I was a fan from year one. But found it difficult to get through the final season. The concept is beyond played out. IMO, bringing back 24 is a mistake.

I remember watching the last season and being annoyed that people in show had never heard of Jack Bauer. The man would be famous.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    hmmmmm.... maybe they can use Jack to locate Brody.
    that is awesome

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I was a fan from year one. But found it difficult to get through the final season. The concept is beyond played out. IMO, bringing back 24 is a mistake.
    Worry not, like many of your friends and fans, I have fewer brain cells than you, so I'm looking forward to it.

You would like to know, however, that I just pulled my Chloe sex doll out of storage.

"Give me the coordinates!"

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Worry not, like many of your friends and fans, I have fewer brain cells than you, so I'm looking forward to it.

You would like to know, however, that I just pulled my Chloe sex doll out of storage.
    LOL. My wife and I love the Chloe character. She's spunky (no pun) and oddly cute, too.

LOL. My wife and I love the Chloe character. She's spunky (no pun) and oddly cute, too.
    the Jack/Chloe relationship was at its best in season 8. And you really didn't like Jack in full gear on the tunnel? That was avery satisfying scene

Finally some good news. All my favorite shows have been ending in recent years:

Sopranos
    Shield
    Wire
    Spartacus
    Dexter (next season is last)

My prediction is Tony Almeida comes back next season.

If any show is deserving of coming back, it's the Chappelle Show.

I'm hoping Dave dials down the crazy and comes to his senses.

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    If any show is deserving of coming back, it's the Chappelle Show.

I'm hoping Dave dials down the crazy and comes to his senses.
    That will never happen and the other people on the show said they would never work with Chappelle ever again b/c of how badly he screwed them over. Chappelle hated doing the show for some strange reason, I remember hearing an interview he did on Stern while he was filming the show before it ever aired on Comedy Central and he seemed miserable. Wierd.

Bewildered Beast
    She's smoldering...I fantasize about being her "first responder".

She's smoldering...I fantasize about being her "first responder".
    I wanna go deep into her CTU.

Bewildered Beast
    I wanna go deep into her CTU.
    On the grid, or...you know...

On the grid, or...you know...
    I've got a covert operation ready and loaded to go.

The girls on that show were never your first rate media glamorized 'hotties' but man, did they know how to cast 'em.

The deal broker in season 5 who Jack got a hold of through the German Intelligence was one of their best efforts.

Bewildered Beast
    I've got a covert operation ready and loaded to go.
    jeez, tough guy you just gave new meaning to "point of NO return"...which means you'll be going just after coming.

allegedly. :iknownothing:

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    The girls on that show were never your first rate media glamorized 'hotties' but man, did they know how to cast 'em.

The deal broker in season 5 who Jack got a hold of through the German Intelligence was one of their best efforts.
    Two words: Reiko Aylesworth. As long as I have a face, she will never want for a place to sit.