Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 136

Thread: Anyone see the Vikings and Falcons stadium proposals?

  1. #1

    Anyone see the Vikings and Falcons stadium proposals?

    Vikings:

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...205426320.html

    Falcons:

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...123901552.html



    And for 1.6 Billion we share a giant central air conditioner unit with the Giants. I'm sorry but in the realm of NFL stadiums built in the last 10 and future 10 years, unless some team decides to erect a giant literal steaming turd, we have hands down the crappiest stadium in all of professional sports. It makes me sick.

    End of my rant..........

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn/Atlanta
    Posts
    1,065
    fancy designs which will never come to light. retractable roofs most definitely but the triangle stealth looking designs are too much.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Forked River, NJ
    Posts
    4,737
    Quote Originally Posted by J.E.T.Sfan4life View Post
    fancy designs which will never come to light. retractable roofs most definitely but the triangle stealth looking designs are too much.
    Someone who thinks like you must have decided on the final design for our stadium. Why not be more forward thinking and accept new and innovative designs?

  4. #4
    360 Architecture, which also designed MetLife Stadium, home of the Giants and Jets, won a $35 million deal to design the estimated billion-dollar stadium. And the amenities, if actually built, will rival any stadium in the world. Enticements could include "impact seats," which vibrate on a large hit, and a 100-yard-long bar. The Falcons may also create individual sponsorship opportunities for each game on the stadium's gargantuan video boards.
    That's pretty awesome.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by J.E.T.Sfan4life View Post
    fancy designs which will never come to light. retractable roofs most definitely but the triangle stealth looking designs are too much.
    I agree they'll be toned down, but they will still have aesthetically pleasing designs along with unique features that will set them apart. I know it's all spilled milk but man every time I see our stadium my blood boils. It's such a dump.

  6. #6
    [QUOTE=Snell41;4894288]Vikings:

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...205426320.html

    Falcons:

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...123901552.html



    And for 1.6 Billion we share a giant central air conditioner unit with the Giants. I'm sorry but in the realm of NFL stadiums built in the last 10 and future 10 years, unless some team decides to erect a giant literal steaming turd, we have hands down the crappiest stadium in all of professional sports. It makes me sick.

    End of my r



    It is a bit of a rant. You are however absolutely correct. I am actually a project manager on commercial construction projects in the NYC area. I have always maintained the architect in charge of met life use no vision or imagination when it came to the design of the exterior facade of the stadium. I don't think the inside is an absolute abject failure if it's any consolation.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post

    It is a bit of a rant. You are however absolutely correct. I am actually a project manager on commercial construction projects in the NYC area. I have always maintained the architect in charge of met life use no vision or imagination when it came to the design of the exterior facade of the stadium. I don't think the inside is an absolute abject failure if it's any consolation.
    I appreciate it. Like I said it's spilled milk now, but I just feel a NYC built brand new stadium should be the standard for class, design, and should have every visitor walking out of there thinking they just walked out of the greatest sports facility in the world. The inside is not an abject failure, I do agree with that. It looks like any blank nondescript football stadium of the 80's should.

  8. #8
    And this is not another blind rant on Woody. I think the Giants share the blame for this atrocity equally.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,769
    The Giants and Jets couldn't agree on any designs so that is why our stadium looks like a central AC. And we got raped by the unions.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Vikings:

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...205426320.html

    Falcons:

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...123901552.html



    And for 1.6 Billion we share a giant central air conditioner unit with the Giants. I'm sorry but in the realm of NFL stadiums built in the last 10 and future 10 years, unless some team decides to erect a giant literal steaming turd, we have hands down the crappiest stadium in all of professional sports. It makes me sick.

    End of my rant..........
    A few thoughts immediately come to mind...

    1. This stadium was constructed in NJ with certain labor costs and bidding processes that are, let's just say, not the most efficient.

    2. The planning and initiation of the stadium project started before the financial implosion at a time of high real estate costs with a target customer base (season ticket holders) who were expected to be much more affluent and not stuck in a 10% unemployment situation during the first few years.

    3. When you are in charge of your own design and stadium, you come up with something that works well for you and your fans. When you have to compromise with someone else, as the Jets and Giants did, you end up with a compromised stadium that is decent but isn't optimal for either party.

    4. How did these idiots spend $1.6B and not put a retractable roof on the stadium?? Seriously. Even here in Arizona there's a retractable roof. I don't buy the argument that a retractable roof means you have to close it when the weather is bad and it hurts your "cold weather advantage" if a team like Miami or San Diego came to NJ for the playoffs. The Cardinals hosted the NFC Championship Game a few years ago against the Eagles (I went). It was a gorgeous, sunny 60 degree day in January in the dessert. They closed the roof to keep the homefield noise advantage. Bottom line - You can close it when you want and open it when you want.....your choice.

    (rant over)
    Last edited by jetstream23; 05-15-2013 at 03:02 PM.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,865
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The Giants and Jets couldn't agree on any designs so that is why our stadium looks like a central AC. And we got raped by the unions.
    You said it more directly than I did! Those were exactly my first and third points. Agree 100%
    Last edited by jetstream23; 05-15-2013 at 03:01 PM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    You said it more directly than I did! Those were exactly my first two points. Agree 100%
    Learn.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Learn.
    Yes, Yoda.





  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Yes, Yoda.





  15. #15
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I agree they'll be toned down, but they will still have aesthetically pleasing designs along with unique features that will set them apart. I know it's all spilled milk but man every time I see our stadium my blood boils. It's such a dump.
    Where are your seats in the stadium again? I forget.

    SAR I

  16. #16
    Most fans know our stadium is currently the worst in the league. 3 seasons old and it's already the worst in the league. I wonder though why the media has never been critical of it? Seems there are some special interests being protected.

    Truth be told I am never going to forgive Woody, Sheldon Silver, and James Dolan for blocking the west side stadium. We would be Manhattan's team right now. Instead we play second fiddle in a nondescript oval made of huge razor blades, across the parking lot from an 8 year old's art project.

  17. #17
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Most fans know our stadium is currently the worst in the league. 3 seasons old and it's already the worst in the league. I wonder though why the media has never been critical of it? Seems there are some special interests being protected.

    Truth be told I am never going to forgive Woody, Sheldon Silver, and James Dolan for blocking the west side stadium. We would be Manhattan's team right now. Instead we play second fiddle in a nondescript oval made of huge razor blades, across the parking lot from an 8 year old's art project.
    Where are your seats in the stadium again? I forget.

    SAR I

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,031
    What's drawn on initial renderings and what's actually built are quite often two different things.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Yes, Yoda.




    Bah, if he was Yoda he would have said 'Learn you must!'

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Where are your seats in the stadium again? I forget.

    SAR I
    Uhhh bro I don't have ST's. Only shmucks and nancies pay full price for preseason games.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us